masters in usa for ppl with 15 years of education!!is it possible?????????

Hello guys I am a newbie!!! First of all many thanks to pagalguy , all moderators and fellow pgites for making such a wonderfull site for knowledge thirsty ppls !!! hey frds this place rocks!!! My name is radhika and I am…

Hello guys I am a newbie!!!! First of all many thanks to pagalguy , all moderators and fellow pgites for making such a wonderfull site for knowledge thirsty ppls !!!!!!!!!!
hey frds this place rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My name is radhika and I am a b.com graduate .have been working in a call center from last two years. now I want to pursue my masters degree from usa in fall 2006?
but my problem is that I have not registered for m com this year, which ppl say it is a must and is considered as sixteen year of education for bcom graduate.

this means that I have to go in fall 2007? which I dont want too?

Then some where I have read that they accept Indian students with fifteen years of education ?is it true? if yes could anyone tell me which universities in usa accept Indian students with 15 years of education?
Is it such that they accept students with 15 years of education for mba courses only and not for masters?
if no universities accept student with 15 years of education then which degree should I target so that they could consider it as 16th yr of education and
lastly if I want to apply for any mba programme from any top university in usa will they consider my 2 yrs of work experience in call center? would it be taken into consideration and would my work experience will fulfill the criteria of the universities minimum work experience ?
Plz help were worried abt future

P.s: I want to my masters in fall 2006 only and from usa only due to personal and family reasons !!!!!!!!!!so plz help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

check out tuck MBA, it's a 3 yrs program (instead of normal 2 yrs) for graduates with 15 yrs education...

I am sending you a link to the thread which would give you some information on US B-schools and the 15/16 years criteria, however you could write to your target schools to gather more information.
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/b-schools-not-requiring-16-years-of-education-25010074

For other masters programs 16 years is a procedural requirement as the educational policy in US does not allow them to make too many exceptions. So you could check with the universities and ask them if you can do some course to fulfill their requirements. I know someone who fulfilled the criteria by doing an additional course in computing (This was not for an MBA though).

Hope this helps. You could post your questions on the exisiting thread to get a better response.

hello vipin and chandler
thanks for u replies guys!!!!!!!!
but i feel i have not received answer to my question
guys i have read the thread u have mention before also but i feel that they accept guys with 15 th year of eduacation fro mba only and not for masters ?
am i right plz!!!!!!!!help me in answering my question
or should i presume that if they accept students for mba degree with 15 years of education then they would be accepting students with 15 year of education for masters also?
if yes do let me the unievrsities?
plz help?very confused.

in which call centre you in?

This is what I got from google for Master's degree from US. Credit : infozee

EligibilityTop

Most schools require qualifications comparable to a U.S. Bachelors (Honours) degree (Four Year Degree Program). That means a minimum of 16 years of formal education. In the Indian context, it implies qualifying in a professional four-year degree like engineering or other such courses.

For Doctorate programs, most universities require a Masters degree in that subject. In a few exceptional cases like a good undergraduate engineering degree, they may offer a direct admission to a Doctorate course.

If you have completed a three-year degree program in India, the advisable plan of action to maximize eligibility for U.S. graduate schools is to apply for a Post Graduate degree here in India. A one-year university affiliated program will make up for the fourth year of a U.S. Undergraduate degree.

IMPORTANT
  1. Professional programs like the CA, ICWA, part time diplomas from a university such as those in management, communication may or may not be accepted. Though many universities, especially Business Schools, have started recognizing the Indian CA.
  2. Independent certificate courses offered by private institutions like Aptech, NIIT, etc. may or may not be accepted based on each individual universitys evaluation.
  3. One-year education of a two year degree course (like M.Tech, MA etc) may not be accepted by most schools. The full course has to be completed for qualification, unless there is a recognized university exam at the end of one year.
No standardized policy exists regarding the acceptance of such programs. Some universities may accept the three-year Indian Graduation Degree for a few programs. Confirmation can only be obtained by either writing directly or formally applying to the universities concerned.

hello vipin and chandler
thanks for u replies guys!!!!!!!!
but i feel i have not received answer to my question
guys i have read the thread u have mention before also but i feel that they accept guys with 15 th year of eduacation fro mba only and not for masters ?
am i right plz!!!!!!!!help me in answering my question
or should i presume that if they accept students for mba degree with 15 years of education then they would be accepting students with 15 year of education for masters also?
if yes do let me the unievrsities?
plz help?very confused.

Radhika, I guess a lot would depend upon which "Masters" prog are you talking about? For ex: Science, Finance, Accounting, Law, Business etc etc etc

One more thing, from your posts above I got the impression that you expect univs will take 15 + 1 (first yr of MCom) as 16 yrs. That might not be the case. Some univs very clearly mention that this is not acceptable in their "International Students" eligibility criteria.

HTH,
Uday

Hello,

I had started a thread named "16 Yers of Education" few months back..
PPL had listed the US universities which accepts 15 years of education.

Kindly chack the thread in case it is still active.....

Regards,
Sachin

Hello,

I had started a thread named "16 Yers of Education" few months back..
PPL had listed the US universities which accepts 15 years of education.

Kindly chack the thread in case it is still active.....

Regards,
Sachin

Got the thread.

It is

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/b-schools-not-requiring-16-years-of-education-25010074

Hi. i am currently in the final year of my bachelors degree in India after which i will be having 15 years of formal education. i wanted to know that whether dese skools accept 15 years of formal education or 16 years of formal education?help me out . i don thav work ex only a part time . i work as an insurance davisor for icici .its not part tiem but not full time either u no how d work is. ill b graduating dis year.

There are certain universities who accept 15 yr education for MS, but may need you to do a prerequisite at the university. I know Oklohoma does that.

Also if you have any diploma for an year like NIIT, get your education evaluation done. NIIT is ACE recognized and that greatly helps.

wel is it necessary dat the qualification of 16 yrs is all frm aicte apprvd instiitns.

vishalg Says
wel is it necessary dat the qualification of 16 yrs is all frm aicte apprvd instiitns.

Mostly the school has to be recognized by AICTE or UGC. Like everyone has stated before, once yr decided on the MS course u want to take, u would be better off mailing them and asking them about it since diff schools have diff standards. For example, University of Michigan and University of Southern California do not recognize B.com or B.com + Post Grad Diploma, University of Texas, University of Indiana etc recognize B.com + Post Grad Diploma, but the diploma should be from an institute recognized by UGC/AICTE. As someone who had gone through this mess a year before, trust me - you would be better off knowing for sure before you take up a useless course.

FYI...I know for sure that tuck and Fuqua accept the 3 year indian Bachelors degree

Hi,

I am looking to do my masters in Computer Science in the US. I have 15 years of education. Is there anyone who can help me out? How should i go about this?

Does anyone have a list of Universities that accept 15 years?

Any kind of help will be great! Thanks in advance.

Hi mate

Thanks for the information, can you tell me how are twinning programs treated in india and usa?

thanks

Treated much better in the US than In India. An international exposure is good(assuming you had gone abroad as a part of you twinning program) and Adcoms appreciate students who have studied in an international environment. When it comes to India in terms of admission hardly makes any difference which college you come from.

Ok so for programs like ms where we can do 1 yr in india and 2 year in usa.....After the program do we get jobs.....

I mean do they sau that since you have not done 2 years of study here we cant offer a job....And does the same thing applies in india for the job??

Sorry, i thought you have already done a twinning program hence my earlier statement.I dont see why you would do a twinning program for ur masters. If you ask me you will not get a good job in India if you Masters from any college apart from the selected few which leaves you with US where what actually matters is a decent amount of credit history.Your background is not clear to me neither are your goals. It would be difficult to comment without knowing them.

ohhk my profile is quite average or below rather

10th- 53% cbse
12th- 62% cbse
GRAD- 66% BCOM from univ of delhi

from last 3 years i am doing my family business in india but very much intrested in studying and working abroad mainly usa.....

For complete 2 years in usa i cant really afford, so with this program it is comparatively cheaper....Also student gets a ms degree from usa univ....

Af far as my plans are concerned i would want to work for 5 years in usa after ms and then i will search for work option in india again......

My prefrable job profile would be finance and consulting......

Hope with this you can a know little bit of my profile

So the 1st question is what about getting job in usa after ms....

2nd ques- after comming back to india what are the options i have?

hie Greetings for the day. I'm Lokesh Sharma. I have completed my graduation in B.Sc ( Bachelors in science) Mathematics, Electronics and Computer science, which is a 3 years program. So altogether i have 15 years of education. But i have pursued GNIIT from NIIIT (National institute of information technology), so my query is whether this can be added to make it a 16 year of education, in order to qualify for applying M.Sc in Computer science. Please help me with the information. Awaiting your response. Thanks & Regards, Lokesh Sharma.

Hii guyz....This is Neeti Patnaik..iv a query actually..I just completed my bcom(hons) in accountancy..so basically it's 15 years of student experience..bt i really wanna apply in usa for masters in management program.Please help me with whatever information u cn...waitin 4 ur response guys..thnk u.

Shortlist and Interact with the Top Universities from US One-on-One on the PaGaLGuY Android App.  Register for the Edu Fair by Following this group. If any queries post here...  https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/international-edufair-19-21st-nov16-46994915