Masters in the UK Uncovered

Guys, I thought I would write a quick post on the various Postgraduate degree options in the UK given I have researched this sector extensively over the past few years. I will keep this post short and simple. If you have any questions, do not hesi…

Guys, I thought I would write a quick post on the various Postgraduate degree options in the UK given I have researched this sector extensively over the past few years. I will keep this post short and simple. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. Just to give you a quick background on myself. I've got a Bachelors in Economics and since have worked for over a year in two bulge bracket Investment Banks in Global Markets and Global Finance.

-

There are only "Six" universities in the UK targeted by the Investment Banks. They are Oxbridge, Imperial, LSE, UCL and Warwick. This doesn't mean you can't get a job in Ibanking if you've graduated from another university (for example I didn't go to the top 6), but it's just a hell of a lot harder. By targeted I don't mean Investment Banks hold interviews on campus - this system simply does not exist in the UK - but they direct virtually of all of their marketing spend (in the Łmillion's) towards these universities. By virtue they want to see a return on their spend and you are far more likely to get called for an interview if you've gone to the top 6 (LBS is an exception for obvious reasons).

If you don't believe me, go to linkedin . com/college/alumni and type the name of these 6 universities and you'll get the statistics for my claim.

-

My opinion on the best Masters in the business field in the UK:

-

LBS: MiM

Oxbridge: Any degree from the Economics and Business department (you'll still get interviews if you do a Masters in Classics, for example, if you're good)

Imperial: Masters in Finance/ Risk & Financial Engineering (Management/Strategy might get you calls if you're good).

Check the latest placement report:https://workspace.imperial.ac.uk/business-school/Public/programmes/Careers-Destination-Flyer.pdf

LSE: Masters in Finance/ Accounting & Finance/ Economics/ Risk/ Financial Mathematics

Warwick: Masters in Finance/ Finance & Economics/ Financial Mathematics/ Economics

UCL: Masters in Economics

-

Reputation amongs the public and employers:

Oxbridge/LBS

LSE/Imperial

UCL/Warwick

This applies to ALL programmes, be it Finance or Management. Forget the FT rankings or any other you may have come across.

This isn't an exhaustive list but the graduates from these programmes regularly get jobs at the top banks and other financial services companies in large numbers (obviously it's harder if you need a visa but not impossible)

Hello, i'll be looking forward to studying Msc economics and Finance from warwick.i know about the general job scene and how difficult it is to get a job there..what i want to know is... what is the value of the degree in future...be it india or abroad.and what is the pay-scale offere...

Sorry for this moronic question but what us UCL?