Masters in financial engineering(MFE)

Hello frnds, I am very new to this forum and came across this thread while searching intensively for the MFE course in USA. I am living in NJ,USA and going to apply for the MFE course. I have selected Columbia,NYU for it as I am married and w…

hii hello
I am doing B.Engineering (Information Technology ) in my third year and also pursuing CFA

thinking of a 2yr job in broking/ banking job after graduation followed by MFE in US or equivalent in Europe depending on the prospects .

Can anyone help about the Prospects financially and Return to investment of MFE as such in US .

I serious doubt i have "Is MFE requires Programming Mathematical and Finance background ?" I can have transcripts of Programming and Maths and how can i manage that of Finance????? Will i be still considered.

Please reply and guide in this direction Whether to opt for MFE in US, MSc Finance in UK ?

Which of them has a better chance of landing me job alongwith my hardwork

Literally tell me anything about Financial Education in US and Europe. Except MBA which iam considering after 6-7 yrs of experience. Thanks

Abhi_420

Hi

Currently I Am Pursuying MBA From Mumbai. Further I would like to get into Derivative Research. I would like to have opinion That F.E. From UTIIICM Mumbai Is worth doing it or not ? Because Currently Only they are providing that course in india apart from ISB

hii hello
I am doing B.Engineering (Information Technology ) in my third year and also pursuing CFA

thinking of a 2yr job in broking/ banking job after graduation followed by MFE in US or equivalent in Europe depending on the prospects .

Can anyone help about the Prospects financially and Return to investment of MFE as such in US .

I serious doubt i have "Is MFE requires Programming Mathematical and Finance background ?" I can have transcripts of Programming and Maths and how can i manage that of Finance????? Will i be still considered.

Please reply and guide in this direction Whether to opt for MFE in US, MSc Finance in UK ?

Which of them has a better chance of landing me job alongwith my hardwork

Literally tell me anything about Financial Education in US and Europe. Except MBA which iam considering after 6-7 yrs of experience. Thanks

Abhi_420

Hi

It is pretty clear that u have charted out your plans for ur future in Finance.
I shall suggest you to go for MFE in top Bussiness Schools as that will give an edge as the program is in a B-school environ.Coming to ROI MFE vs MBA Finance,I really wont appreciate u doing MBA after MFE becoz after doing u will have strong technical & quantitative skills in Finance which certainly will land u up in Wallstreet .So doing a MBA after getting in to Walal street is not that recommened becox once agian u have to work for the same breed of companies.

Moreover as i said getting in to MFE Berkely or CMU is not that easy as they look for ur experience in finance domain.
Instead of getting in to Brokerage r banks,I suggest uo to get in IT /Consulting comapnies and get in to BCMD(Banking and captial markets) Domain.
If luck is there u can also get an H1B sponsered by ut company itself ..isnt it??

Atlast Doing a MFE is one among the best logical decisions as u will be dealing with real money & capital markets& u will c that u work is realistic in nature.

Well said dude,If possible try to build ur profile by giving various Finance related certifications manifesting that ur passioante abt Finance.

All the very Best

Govardhan.R

Please go to : http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/masters-in-financial-engineeringmfe-25024887 for further discussions on MFE.
Mods- request you to close this thread as it is confusing to have many threads..

Refer this http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/masters-in-finance-financial-engineering-2011-aspirants-25058098

Also checkout quantnet.com for MFE courses in US.

Is there a NEED to be an IITian for master's in financial engg of course for a good college in India? 'cause I am b.tech in mechanical from Punjab Technical University??????????