Masters in Finance Query

Hello, I am final year Computer Engg student and I’m strongly contemplating a career in a finance. As my knowledge in this domain is poor I will be sitting for CFA L1 Exams in Jun 2011 to help my cause. I’ve researched a little bit into …

Hello,

I am final year Computer Engg student and I'm strongly contemplating a career in a finance. As my knowledge in this domain is poor I will be sitting for CFA L1 Exams in Jun 2011 to help my cause.

I've researched a little bit into some European B-schools offering Masters courses in finance. These courses are open to freshers like me (I've checked at Warwick, Cranfield, Durham, Henley, Cass and a few others) but are mostly populated with people who have had financial work ex and have come back to school to increase their skill set and job prospects. So would it be beneficial for me to apply in these courses as a complete newbie with only a little knowledge of finance? Also assuming I clear my CFA L1 exams and get a good score in GMAT would they help me getting in some decent finance courses?

Or should I just get some relevant work ex for the next couple of years and then apply to better programs?

I have a very simple profile with decent acads, though my marks in Quant Subjects have always been excellent.