masters in engineering management

:: *i hope its not sacrilege to post a not strictly mba topic on this section… i have completed my engineering in biotech and was planning to go ahead for an mba but changed my mind in favour of the after-work-ex viewpoint. now i have this oppo…

i hope its not sacrilege to post a not strictly mba topic on this section.. i have completed my engineering in biotech and was planning to go ahead for an mba but changed my mind in favour of the after-work-ex viewpoint. now i have this opportunity to go for a course called masters in engineering management in UTS, sydney.

i am literally clueless about this course although it looks interesting (so did biotech b4 i learnt the vagaries of a RnD career):)
so any suggestions, opinions and contributions are welcome..

tnx

Hi,
I am also an engineer and will be applying to US for this course for fall2006. I have done quite a bit of research on this course including speaking to a number of students who have finished it..It is a relatively new course, however an excellent option for engineers who want to forward there career in the management direction.. Also since the regular MBA program abroad requires min, 2 yrs experience and is also very expensive, i think eng. mgt. this is a great option.. I am not so sure how good it is in Austrailia...
Hope this helps u...

Hi!

I am also an Engineer, can you give me a brief idea about this course... also which univs offer this course... (will save me some time)..

Thanks in advance.

thanks kat !

am in a hurry now.. will post the details soon..

hey,
could u plz elaborate upon this couse...like the curriculum, admission req (do they need GMAT? or IELTS?), wht bout Work ex?

Also hows this college in terms of placements...& finally whts the admission deadline..

Thanks,
Aditi

well, this course is offered by some good univs such as duke university, dartmouth, stanford etc.....you require to take the GRE and TOEFL and preferrbly be from the engineering background....the placements are good if you graduate from the above colleges....the best part is that at some places, this is only a 1 yr course, so don't have to pay tution for 2 yrs....