Masters in Economics 2012

Let us all discuss all the master courses in economics in India… -->Entrance Exam. -->Interview. -->Books to refer. for the best masters in economics courses in the country. *ISICAL-exam on 13th may. ISID-exam on 13th may. …

Let us all discuss all the master courses in economics in India...
-->Entrance Exam.
-->Interview.
-->Books to refer.

for the best masters in economics courses in the country.

ISICAL-exam on 13th may.
ISID-exam on 13th may.
JNU-exam on
22nd, 23rd, 24th & 25th May
DSE-23rd June
MSE-9th and 10th June
IGIDR-exam on 29th April.
GIPE-exam on 10th June.

These courses r:)ck.

No one interested:-(:-(

can u throw some light what are the chances after doing masters from these colleges?

can a b.tech go for masters in economics form institutes like DSE ????

i am that poor soul

kumarsaurav Says
can u throw some light what are the chances after doing masters from these colleges?

All the courses listed above are great...you can see their placements and their faculty, average placements range between 6-10 LPA...
I have no idea about SAU trying to get in touch with some seniors from SAU...will post the details as soon as i get them...
can a b.tech go for masters in economics form institutes like DSE ????

i am that poor soul

Yeah sure check eligibility of DSE...

hey can we pursue two masters at a tym...i mean is it possible to pursue one regular and one distance course same tym??

can you refer me the books/material that would be needed to prepare for DSE?

i was going through the section-A and section-B that they have( i m attaching the papers for 2010), could you suggest which section should an engineer go for?

can you refer me the books/material that would be needed to prepare for DSE?

i was going through the section-A and section-B that they have( i m attaching the papers for 2010), could you suggest which section should an engineer go for?

Being an engineer myself...I ll be going with option B...As it consists of mathematics and statistics...

U can check the books to refer to...on page 22 of the link...

http://www.econdse.org/admission2011/hb2011.pdf
kia Says
hey can we pursue two masters at a tym...i mean is it possible to pursue one regular and one distance course same tym??

I think u can but the semester exams will most probably clash...

Hi ImaRebel,

Thanx for starting this thread..
Just wanted to know the details of all the exams (eligibility, fee etc.) u have listed above?
1 thing more ..
Is a B.Com candidate applicable here?

ImaRebel Says
No one interested:-(:-(

Super Interested Sir !!!!

My CFA/FRM will get finished this jUne....and in order to fill the void,have to do something rather interesting....M.economics is my foremost priority.:biggrin:

Can u tell me the best university that is offering M.ECO through distance learning as i am doing JOB also so cant do regular course

thanks!!
Hi ImaRebel,

Thanx for starting this thread..
Just wanted to know the details of all the exams (eligibility, fee etc.) u have listed above?
1 thing more ..
Is a B.Com candidate applicable here?

Fees are low... some even give scholarships like Indian statistical institute...
All are govt funded...except for GIPE I guess...

I think B.Com is eligible...but u need maths in 10+2,
Please check the respective webpages...
Super Interested Sir !!!!

My CFA/FRM will get finished this jUne....and in order to fill the void,have to do something rather interesting....M.economics is my foremost priority.:biggrin:

Can u tell me the best university that is offering M.ECO through distance learning as i am doing JOB also so cant do regular course

thanks!!

I really do not have any idea on that...
but guess IGNOU is the place...

Thanx for the info.
1 more favour I need..
Out of the 4,which all exam's last date of application still left?

Anyone preparing for IGIDR? I've filled the form and the exam is on April 29. Can someone who appeared in previous years guide me as to how to go about its preparation?

Thanx for the info.
1 more favour I need..
Out of the 4,which all exam's last date of application still left?

IGIDR over on 23rd,ISI(I m not sure)
You can still apply to
JNU,GIPE and SAU.

Although DSE and MSE forms are not out yet...
jeonik Says
Anyone preparing for IGIDR? I've filled the form and the exam is on April 29. Can someone who appeared in previous years guide me as to how to go about its preparation?

I am appearing but have never appeared before....:):):)

Topics covered IGIDR entrance exam...

Undergraduate Economist IGIDR