Master in Financial Economics From US\UK

Hi, I searched across Pagalguy but could not find any relevant thread which talks about relevant courses other than MBA… I believe there are lot of other courses also which an Indian student (esp. with less work-ex) can target… Since most…

Hi,

I searched across Pagalguy but could not find any relevant thread which talks about relevant courses other than MBA... I believe there are lot of other courses also which an Indian student (esp. with less work-ex) can target... Since most of these courses are 1-yr program, finance for such courses is also managable...

Some of the programs I know:
Masters in Finance (MiF) from London University
Masters in Financial Economics from Nanyang University
Masters in Financial Engineering - only for students who have done engineering or any UG in mathematics or eco
and many other similar courses..

I would like to invite all PGites to through their opinion on this topic...

Regards,
Chirag

I have attached a file I hope that will be useful to some of us...

Are no GMAT takers interested in this???

Another important link: Application and Admission to the Graduate Program in Economics at UCSC

hi folks,
would be great if any of you could provide the links on courses related to Financial Engg./finance & related stuff in universities around the world.

cheers

gr88 work man...really helpful....

I hope this link should be helpful to most of you, who are willing to pursue career in Finance.
International Association of Financial Engineers - Academic Programs

Hey i know about Master in Finance Engineering. I have some documents and information material regarding it. As i inquired about it some months age, right now i am not remembering anything. i am also deeply interested in such courses and i will let you know all the details i have in comming week. Its really nice we are atleast 5- people interested in this.

One thing i know is that Finance Engineering is considered typically higher than MBA in Fianance and MS in Finance Engineering is relatively a research oriented course, so most students complete MBA in Finance and then do MS in Finance Engg. - thats what i came to know...and i rememebr right now..

i will be back soon with more details.
Bye.

I second @saurabh!! guess, we will be able to help each other out here in our endeavours! btw, anybody in the IT sector who's interested in a career shift to finance..? let me know as i am in that boat..!!

cheers

Hi,

I am also from IT working as SAP consultant.
I am deeply interested for study in Financial markets.
Please advise.

I second @saurabh!! guess, we will be able to help each other out here in our endeavours! btw, anybody in the IT sector who's interested in a career shift to finance..? let me know as i am in that boat..!!

cheers

Yes i am in IT sector. I work in Cognizant Technology Solutions,Pune. Nice to know all you here. Rather than marks in GMAT or cracking interviews i am more concerned about funding my study abroad. I have just 4 months of experience right now and after 2 years of job i wont be able to save more than 2.5 lakhs ( i have calculated this). My family may contribute upto 5-6 lakhs. I am from a middle-class family and want expert's advice in arranging money for US/UK study.

I think rather than just discussing about people profile.... we should try to collate a list of good universities providing courses in Financial Economics or smthing like that... then discuss their requirements... and may be the funding part also as mentioned by some already....

Plz don't about your chances of getting in... coz I think nobody other than the university itself can tell u that....

Cheers,
Chirag

I wanted to know the difference between the two degrees Masters in financial engineering and Msc Finance in terms of future scope, subject contents, experience required.... like i do not have any work ex, but good acads.. so which course shuld i opt for... msc Finance or Masters Fin. Engin.??

I hv come to know that Masters Fin. Engineering is pretty heavy on mathematics as comapred to msc finance.. is it true???

If anyone can enlighten me on this i would be pretty grateful... because most universities offering Masters Fin. Engineering require GRE score rather than GMAT so that i can prepare accordingly...

Snigs

Hi,

I searched across Pagalguy but could not find any relevant thread which talks about relevant courses other than MBA... I believe there are lot of other courses also which an Indian student (esp. with less work-ex) can target... Since most of these courses are 1-yr program, finance for such courses is also managable...

Some of the programs I know:
Masters in Finance (MiF) from London University
Masters in Financial Economics from Nanyang University
Masters in Financial Engineering - only for students who have done engineering or any UG in mathematics or eco
and many other similar courses..

I would like to invite all PGites to through their opinion on this topic...

Regards,
Chirag

Hi,
I am a BE in Comp Sc. Cld you give me leads on any other non technical progs I can apply for in the US? Work ex - 8 months in IT
Hi,
I am a BE in Comp Sc. Cld you give me leads on any other non technical progs I can apply for in the US? Work ex - 8 months in IT

Hey David,

I may not be the right person to answer this question... but I am sure a quick google search would not be a waste of time for you...

I hope u got my point...

Chirag

hello friends,

I have come after a long time here. I think yes Finance Engineering is a bit mathematical study. I am more concerned about the kind of job we will get once we complete this degree. Any one have any idea about that? If we know that we will get a very good job ( or a good market where we can start our own business firm - i rule out this because there is huge capital investment + risk for this and we will be able to do this only after working for some years after completing MS in Finance)

Please let us find answers to these questions as these are most important.

I am planning to apply for Mif in London B School this year..... trying to get some company sponsorship arranged coz that thing is bloody expensive...... I sent my cv to the school and they gave me a positive nod .... if you are interested in LBS MIF ... make sure you send them a CV, they will give you a personal feedback on whether they think you stand chance or not..... good service which let you know where you stand and saves money on the application as well

Chiraggupta_86 Says
I have attached a file I hope that will be useful to some of us...

Hi,

I am interested in a one year finance and economics or finance course in US.... Would anybody be able to help me with details of colleges that offer such a course.