Marathon time!!!

I don’t post much or infact don’t visit PG as I used to, but there are somethings which bring me back to PGites often, one is the bonding that they develop and second is their spirit of community service. As a part of the same we had ran the Mumba…

I don't post much or infact don't visit PG as I used to, but there are somethings which bring me back to PGites often, one is the bonding that they develop and second is their spirit of community service. As a part of the same we had ran the Mumbai marathon last year, the PG team consisted of PG,Geetu,Puneet and myself and to put it very simply we had a blast!!!, you can find some pics of at same at this link.

Its the time of the year of revive the spirit and run for a cause, The Mumbai marathon is scheduled on 21st Jan 2007 while the Pune the event is scheduled on 26th November 2006

Out of last years team we seem to have one member short unless Allwin decides to come down to Mumbai and we need someone to give company to Geetu to complete her half marathon promise. Hopefully we would have many more people donning their running shoes this year and make the PG presence felt.

You can register online for the Mumbai event STANDARD CHARTERED MUMBAI MARATHON

While you can gather more information on the pune event at Pune International Marathon - PIMT's 21st Edition Of Pune's Most Highly Anticipated Yearly Events (They don't seem to provide online registration facility)

can you post
what when where how why of this marathon and NASEOH in general. ( its no harm repeating i guess)
I am ready to fill allwin's place fort this year.
see i am running

what -- Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon.

when -- 21st January 2007

where -- Mumbai, It usually starts at CST passed through Kala Ghoda, Marine Drive to Mahim etc depending on the length you choose to run.

There are usually 3 runs 7 KM dream run, half and full marathons which are around 21 and 42 KMs

how -- You have to register online at STANDARD CHARTERED MUMBAI MARATHON by paying
Rs. 150 for any of the category that you choose to run. Apart from that you have to pay additional Rs. 100 if u wish to support a cause. Its a fun filled run and an amazing experience to run with a crowd of thousands of spirited and rocking guys and gals around.

why & how does NASEOH come in to picture-- Its a charity run which means the proceeds from the run are donated for a cause. Apart from that you can choose to forward the cause of a charity you choose by sporting their banners and stickers. You can also collect funds for the same, last year some people tried to raise money at PG for the same not sure how much they could. As for NASEOH, last year we sported their stickers etc and since PG guys commit their community service efforts at NASEOH it becomes a obvious choice for supporting their cause.

For any more info check out the site or else PM me.

Asif, you might want to change the topic to "Mumbai - Marathon Time" or something with "Mumbai" in the subject.

people who wanna register, please do so fast. closes on 7th december. i registered for the dream run. anyone brave enuff for the half marathon?

EDIT:
oops my bad last date - December 16, 2006 or as soon as running places for each race are full, whichever is earlier

nnkudva Says
people who wanna register, please do so fast. closes on 7th december. i registered for the dream run. anyone brave enuff for the half marathon?

I think the registration ends on 16th Dec and not 7th.

i havenot yet registered :(
will do it tomorrow.
Or plz let me what i ll have to do to run for PG & NASEOH?

i heard that Allwin himself is coming India.
so he's also gonna run?

anyways will get myself registered.
thankyou.

i havenot yet registered :(
will do it tomorrow.
Or plz let me what i ll have to do to run for PG & NASEOH?

i heard that Allwin himself is coming India.
so he's also gonna run?

anyways will get myself registered.
thankyou.

You don't need to do anything specific and as for Allwin coming down, I don't have any idea about that.

i mean how much i ll hav to pay.

150 or 250 if i wanna run for NASEOH ? IF its latter then do i want to mention it in the form?
thankyou

i mean how much i ll hav to pay.

150 or 250 if i wanna run for NASEOH ? IF its latter then do i want to mention it in the form?
thankyou

ya, its 250 if u wanna run for any charity. but when i registered online, they didnt ask me the details of the charity. so i guess they will later on...

OK i am all set to run for coming marathon.
I registered myself for 21km run today.

ready to run with pg & NASEOH team / ready to replace allwin /
and also as requested earlier, ready to acompany geetu ji. :)
regards johny!

OK i am all set to run for coming marathon.
I registered myself for 21km run today.

ready to run with pg & NASEOH team / ready to replace allwin /
and also as requested earlier, ready to acompany geetu ji. :)
regards johny!

arre bhai , 21 kms ??? we wont be running 21 km , even Asif i think must have registered for the 7km .... im yet to register but will do so in the next couple of days ( 7 kms is more than enuff )

Regarding running for NASEOH , it was an initiative last year that we would collect cheques from people who wanted to contribute whatever they wished & we would hand over the cheques directly to NASEOH & not through the standard chartered thing... Wont be possible this year or if someone takes to initiative , please go ahead ... contact me to know more about how to do it :)

So who else is planning to run , post karo

aisa mat bolo Puneet bhai
Asif ke bharose maine 21km form bhara hai/
:(

Out of last years team we seem to have one member short unless Allwin decides to come down to Mumbai and we need someone to give company to Geetu to complete her half marathon promise. Hopefully we would have many more people donning their running shoes this year and make the PG presence felt.

Asif mentioned in his first post that Geetu ji would run for half marathon and she d need a company.
:|

i request Geetu ji to come on the thread and clear the matter

i expect some reply from at least one of the following persons
regarding 21 km half run...plz chack post no. 13/

**Asif
**Peuneet
**Geetu
**Pagalguy

Thank you

FMS falls on the same day every year 😞
Can't take part this year as well! :

But how long will this continue? :
I'll definitely run one day!!!

arre bhai , 21 kms ??? we wont be running 21 km , even Asif i think must have registered for the 7km .... im yet to register but will do so in the next couple of days ( 7 kms is more than enuff )

Regarding running for NASEOH , it was an initiative last year that we would collect cheques from people who wanted to contribute whatever they wished & we would hand over the cheques directly to NASEOH & not through the standard chartered thing... Wont be possible this year or if someone takes to initiative , please go ahead ... contact me to know more about how to do it :)

So who else is planning to run , post karo

Hi! all
Me too running for the marathon 21km .. already got myself registered ....need some info
#how do we raise money for charity
#any idea how many ppl actually complete the 21km and approx time taken

pls do leave ur comments

cheers

terminator IV,
good to see you mate!
I am also training for 21km :confused:
if you have paid 250 Rs. your 100 Rs are already been given to giveindia.org.

and if you wanna raise money while running,,, then i dont know much about how to do it. yes you can contact some NGO & wear their t-shirt to make awareness thats it
that s all you can do.
i dont think you are expected to RAISE money for charity by running.

@2# with so much crowd there no buddy actually CARE.
more important thing is you participated.
@ run time: offcourse it depends on you. cant say buddy/

FMS falls on the same day every year 😞
Can't take part this year as well! :

But how long will this continue? :
I'll definitely run one day!!!

I remember missing it last year for the same reason...too bad man...Hyd marathon already up...(IIFT)...mera number kab aayega?
i expect some reply from at least one of the following persons
regarding 21 km half run...plz chack post no. 13/

**Asif
**Peuneet
**Geetu
**Pagalguy

Thank you

Please take the comment on Geetu running the half marathon in a light hearted vein, coz not sure even if she's running at all this year :)

Anyways now I think you have got company for ur run.

As for the guys who can't make this year, Better luck next time.

---As If