Mannheim Business School | 2013 - 2014 Aspirants

Hi all, I am planning to apply to the Mannheim Business School for the class starting Sep 2013. Just thought now would be a good time to start a thread for the same…!! I hope you find this thread useful. Cheers :smiley: !! Best r…

Hi all,

I am planning to apply to the Mannheim Business School for the class starting Sep 2013. Just thought now would be a good time to start a thread for the same..!!

I hope you find this thread useful. Cheers 😃 !!

Best regrads
Hari

Good initiative !!!

I have already applied....cleared the first interview....preparing the case study now....

I study at HHL Graduate School of Management in Leipzig and I believe it has a much better reputation than Mannheim Business School. Also, Leipzig is a beautiful city with so much to see/do as opposed to Mannheim. The school was recently voted #1 in the world for Entrepreneurship and the MSc Management program is ranked #11 in Germany.

I think, if you're interested in doing an MBA in Germany, HHL should definitely be on your mind.

@naman.tuteja said:
Good initiative !!!I have already applied....cleared the first interview....preparing the case study now....
All the best mate..!!
@GodModeONE said:
I study at HHL Graduate School of Management in Leipzig and I believe it has a much better reputation than Mannheim Business School. Also, Leipzig is a beautiful city with so much to see/do as opposed to Mannheim. The school was recently voted #1 in the world for Entrepreneurship and the MSc Management program is ranked #11 in Germany.I think, if you're interested in doing an MBA in Germany, HHL should definitely be on your mind.
Hello GodModeOne,

Thanks for this info. Keep this flowing in.

Is no one else applying to Mannheim ???

He he.. Looks like we need some publicity.. Let me post it on some threads that I am a part of..

wats d avg GMAT for Mannheim? I couldn't find it on the school website.

@batiatus

As per the B-School, anything over 650 is competitive. Specially for Indian IT people, I think it should be definitely above that with a good work ex.

Hey guys! Just begun the application process for the Mannheim MBA...

Hope to send it through before the deadline round the corner!
@naman.tuteja said:
Good initiative !!!I have already applied....cleared the first interview....preparing the case study now....
@naman.tuteja How did the case-study round go? Could you please share any info and experiences? Thanks in advance!
@harichids Currently, where are you in the application process mate?
@shivsu heya mate..!! yet to start.. just finished my app for some schools in S'pore..! how is your gng so far??

yeyyyyyy............got the admit letter from Mannheim

@shivsu well case study is an important part in Mannheim application process. In fact it was the first time I was working on it so I really enjoyed it....required some hard work as well :)

Case studies are the most interesting part of the entire admission process and I am sure it would be a challenging task if you haven't worked earlier with any case studies. First of all, I am not sure what kind of case study you would be assigned, but for solving any case study it is important to read the entire case study multiple times. Make sure that you have got hold of everything that is mentioned in the case study. Next, search on internet, read the relevant books for getting the basic concepts clear. For eg. I had a marketing case study, so I used the marketing books to know the concepts and theories. Once you know the concepts, then put up your analysis. The program management would be more interested in how you approach the case study, what are your ideas like, if you have done proper research or not, etc. It is known fact that the applicants are working on case studies for the first time so the program management would not look for technicalities but just an overview of your analysis. It is always good to show your analysis with the help of diagrams, figures, stats, etc.

I was asked to answer the questions at the end of the case study. Therefore applied the analysis I did to answer them....
@naman.tuteja How are you planning to finance your MBA
@reviliant Probably educational loan...though I have not done any research as of now....
@naman.tuteja Awsum! Sure haven't worked on a case-study before... Looking forward to pouring myself into one soon!!
@naman.tuteja said:
@shivsu well case study is an important part in Mannheim application process. In fact it was the first time I was working on it so I really enjoyed it....required some hard work as well Case studies are the most interesting part of the entire admission process and I am sure it would be a challenging task if you haven't worked earlier with any case studies. First of all, I am not sure what kind of case study you would be assigned, but for solving any case study it is important to read the entire case study multiple times. Make sure that you have got hold of everything that is mentioned in the case study. Next, search on internet, read the relevant books for getting the basic concepts clear. For eg. I had a marketing case study, so I used the marketing books to know the concepts and theories. Once you know the concepts, then put up your analysis. The program management would be more interested in how you approach the case study, what are your ideas like, if you have done proper research or not, etc. It is known fact that the applicants are working on case studies for the first time so the program management would not look for technicalities but just an overview of your analysis. It is always good to show your analysis with the help of diagrams, figures, stats, etc. I was asked to answer the questions at the end of the case study. Therefore applied the analysis I did to answer them....
@naman.tuteja Hearty congratulations on the admit! Were you offered a scholarship along with the admit?

And you fluent in German? Planning to take German classes?