Mannheim Business school 2010

Hey all, Was wondering if theres anyone here who’s applied to Mannhiem Business school as well. Also what are peoples perceptions and opinions regd Mannheim. Ive applied and have my interview in the middle of this month. Some thou…

Hey all,

Was wondering if theres anyone here who's applied to Mannhiem Business school as well.

Also what are peoples perceptions and opinions regd Mannheim.

Ive applied and have my interview in the middle of this month. Some thoughts would be highly appreciated.

thanks

Hi Tanya,

I have just got admit into the Mannheim Business School for full time MBA program for the year 2010/2011. I guess it is the best MBA program in Germany and you would be making no mistakes in selecting this program. Initially I was a bit apprehensive about this program but after talking to a few of my contacts in Germany I believe that it is indeed a very good choice considering the fact that it is very affordable and good on ROI.

Hi Tanya,

The Mannheim B-school is undoubtedly the BEST GERMAN MBA PROGRAMME..

SOME SPECIAL FEATURES

1. Fantastic reputation in the German speaking world..Germany, Switzerland & Austria
2. Triple accredited
3. Great value for money
4. Very good placement services
5. Internationally ranked programme (In top 30 MBAs-Economist)
6. Unique Study tracks..including the BEST TRANSATLANTIC TRACK..with an opportunity to complete a semester in IIMB & IITM.

All the very best to you..take it very seriously..The MBS..might be a turning point in your Career..!
Cheers !!!

abhi_mon4u,

Congrats on your admit !!

I have my interview scheduled on April 2nd week.

Could you pls share your profile ? wht other schools did you apply.

Thanks....

Hi MBA2020,

Thanks

Is this your first interview with the admissions manager or the 2nd interview with the program director?

My profile is as follows:

GMAT 720
WorkEx 3.5 Yrs
Working with one of the biggest consultancies of the world.
I am a Btech in electrical engg from NIT Nagpur.

In case you need any help, plz feel free to make use of this thread, i will be there to help you out.

By the way, what is your profile like?

This is the 2nd interview with Program director.

My Profile

Gmat 680
7+ years in IT
Acads - Good
EC- Average
BE in Electronics

what are the job prospects for Non EU guys?

Well if it is the 2nd round interview, I believe you must have worked on a case study related to Nespresso. It would be good to work a bit on that.

As far as the prospects for non EU guys are concerned, it is very much the same in whole of Europe and in this regard, Germany is the best as organisations and people over there are most flexible as compared to other countries like France is concerned. Also, Very few Indian students realize the big potential that Europe represents, mainly because of the language barrier. Europe is very international and once you have finished your MBA here, you will have the whole world at your feet.

If you have the time, try and learn some German. It will help you a lot when you live in Mannheim

abhi_mon4u,

As you have already got admit, wanted to know few details..

What is the initial deposit to secure admissions and how much time the school provided to accept the final offer ?....

Did you get a chance to talk to alumni of this school ...... how many of the indian students got job..

Thanks,
Mba2020

Hi MBA2020,

Unfortunately, I have not yet had any chance to retrieve information regarding the placements of the Indian students and i am in the process of getting the same. Will inform you once I get to know that.

The school has provided me with 40 days to accept the final offer and the initial deposit is 3000 euros.

Hope this helps.

Thanks abhi_mon4u !!

Hi,
I have submitted the Nespresso case study and have been put in waitlist. I have been informed that i shall be notified of whether or not i will be called for the second interview by mid may. Has anybody received a waitlist?
I had my interview on the 15th of march.

Hi can u please discuss what they will ask in the case study? Also Can u share some of the details about the college and its placements? also which track gets the job easier?

Hi,
I have submitted the Nespresso case study and have been put in waitlist. I have been informed that i shall be notified of whether or not i will be called for the second interview by mid may. Has anybody received a waitlist?
I had my interview on the 15th of march.

Hi abhi_mon4u,

Can you share your experience about the whole admission process and throw some light on the interview rounds that you faced ? i have sent you a pm with my contact details, plz mail me or reply here with details...thanks in advance...
Hi abhi_mon4u,

Can you share your experience about the whole admission process and throw some light on the interview rounds that you faced ? i have sent you a pm with my contact details, plz mail me or reply here with details...thanks in advance...

Congrats dude!
btw wht is the minimum GMAT score required? I wish to apply to this amazing school.. guide..

Hi Fanatic,

The minimum GMAT required is I believe 640.

Regards

Ok.. As you already have an admit to the School.
I have few queries..
1. Am I late to apply to the school now?
2. What are max students per track?
3. How was the admission process ?
4. Have you got any scholarship?
5. Have you learnt german?

Btw abt me:
Work ex: 3 yrs till the date of joining Manheim
GMAT: 650
Acad: Average
Extra Curricular: Excellent

Dear abhi_monu4u,

Did you secure your admission to Mannheim.
I have a offer in hand.
Could you pls. PM me your number.

Thanks,
MBA2020

Hi MBA2020,

Unfortunately, I have not yet had any chance to retrieve information regarding the placements of the Indian students and i am in the process of getting the same. Will inform you once I get to know that.

The school has provided me with 40 days to accept the final offer and the initial deposit is 3000 euros.

Hope this helps.

Hey abhi_monu4u, Could you please tell, how much time the whole process took, from the application to final decision? Also, did they give any result for scholarship?
Thanks

Hi,

The total time that elapsed from submission of application to the final results was around 2 Months. The scholarship results were out along with the final results.

Hope this helps.