Manchester/ RSM/Richard Ivey anyone

hey people anyone there interested/already applied/interviewed/admitted to any of the above!?! would be grateful if you could share info on this viz. applications/i/v’s/views and prospects!! my profile : age 23 yrs and 8 months, current…

hey people

anyone there interested/already applied/interviewed/admitted to any of the above!?! would be grateful if you could share info on this viz. applications/i/v's/views and prospects!!

my profile : age 23 yrs and 8 months, current employer :PepsiCo, total work ex- 2 yrs and 8 months, grad - Eco(H) LSR, GMAT 680, and decent (not explosive) extra curricular.

any interesting stories abt these???

rashi.

hi there rashi.

i too plan to apply to mbs. in fact i wanted to apply this year but then got lazy etc etc. now im gonna wait fr another year to apply.
the best thing about it was that its 18 months. i think thats the perfect length. not less not more. just rite!! its ROI is excellent. gud job prospects as its students are well recieved in the job market. the only problem is that they just jumped a lot of places in a recent ranking i saw(dont remember which one). so now they might act pricey!!
and there is no application fee. it might not be so the next year...so apply as soon as u can...if u havent already.

hi ats

well i ve infact already applied to MBS! I share ur views, except that jumping rankings is a good thing- atleast thats the way i look at it...and then we do want to apply to good places right!?! i met the officials at the MBA Fair and honestly I was quite impressed. ve earlier met people from Lancaster, CASS etc but Manchester Lady exuded that confidence u need from a place where u'd be spending time & money........not sure if they would increase the appln fee....cambridge still does not charge! plus if we are doing a paper appln then MBS charges anyways.

any views of Lancaster or CASS business school. Actually I want to go this year itself...so some dope would really help!

thanks a ton for ur views

rashi

Hi ppl,

I'm seriously considering Ivey while MBS is another option to me. I'm not sure of going to Europe.

Looking forward for inputs on MBS and Ivey, if anybody has !!
hi mumbai dude!

well i have placed equal imp on both! ve applied to Manchester and will apply to Ivey soon, am waiting to hear from a few places already applied to before I apply to Ivey though!

Manchester- as i mentioned earlier, the course is impressive & the b school has a 6 star rating. it has refurbished its curriculum to suit the changing needs of the business envt and that is why the appeal. the application procedure is fairly lengthy with 14 questions short but some overlapping, but good exercise! the class profile is inclined towards 26's- 28's & there is great emphasis on teamwork!

Ivey - Yet again a choice for me as I like the structure of the curriculum, the placements and its reputation amongst B schools around the world. While McGill, York & Toronto also feature in the list of good canadian B schools, I rate Ivey above them for its pedigree as well as Alumni network! The application is fairly easy with essays on extracurricular, difficult decision in life and career aspirations, each to be wrapped in a measely 250 words!! tough one...phew!!

Overall - both schools are respected. If U want to come back in India and work, they are at par.....If u want to stay back - Canada is better to find jobs......If I had a choice between the two --- I would take a lifetime to decide! Maybe the biting cold in Canada will be the only deciding factor as the employers are OK with both......

Hope this helps!! Would request ppl to pour in more information as we are dependent on more and more of it to make a decision for life!! Any alums reading???

Thanks and Cheers..........

I was able to secure admission in MBS..!
As we all know now MBS has rung up the ladder to 22nd rank in FT rankins...!
I am sure its gonna rock.....!

Not meant to dissuade any one of you.. but before you take a leap, make sure that you talk to atleast one current student & 1 alum of these schools! 😃

Cheers,
Simbaaa

Not meant to dissuade any one of you.. but before you take a leap, make sure that you talk to atleast one current student & 1 alum of these schools! 😃

Cheers,
Simbaaa

hey simba

that was a teaser! while we get in touch with people already there...would request you to throw some light on these schools, if you could please...u r the one at Fuqua right! grt going :-)

awiaitng ur reply.....

rashi
hi mumbai dude!
well i have placed equal imp on both! ve applied to Manchester and will apply to Ivey soon, am waiting to hear from a few places already applied to before I apply to Ivey though!
Manchester- as i mentioned earlier, the course is impressive & the b school has a 6 star rating. ..............
Ivey - Yet again a choice for me as I like the structure of the curriculum, the placements and its reputation amongst B schools around the world. .....................

Overall - both schools are respected. If U want to come back in India and work, they are at par.....If u want to stay back - Canada is better to find jobs......If I had a choice between the two --- I would take a lifetime to decide! Maybe the biting cold in Canada will be the only deciding factor as the employers are OK with both......
Hope this helps!! Would request ppl to pour in more information as we are dependent on more and more of it to make a decision for life!! Any alums reading???
Thanks and Cheers..........

Thanks for such a good reply. While I'm trying to get some alumni contacts, do post your interaction if u find one.

BTW, I'm a little curious on the curricula front, esp. the format of learning and then about the campus infrastructure.

Well for people interested in Manchester the representatives from 'university of manchester' will be in Bangalore on 23th and 24th. I donno how helpfull it would be but still here is the link
http://www.educationuk-in.org/eduk-exhibitions.html
http://www.educationuk-in.org/eduk-exhibitions-seminars.html#bangalore

cheers
-Amit

Well for people interested in Manchester the representatives from 'university of manchester' will be in Bangalore on 23th and 24th. I donno how helpfull it would be but still here is the link
http://www.educationuk-in.org/eduk-exhibitions.html
http://www.educationuk-in.org/eduk-exhibitions-seminars.html#bangalore
cheers
-Amit

Did anyone go to these seminars in Mumbai or Hyderabad. I wanted to know about the Working in Scotland- Fresh Talent Scheme. They dont have a talk about this in Bangalore. So if anyone went for this ... can you please let me know what they said.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

hi

I have applied to RSM. It seems to be a gr8 school. had a chance 2 meet the Alums at MBAtour in Mumbai this month...the school seems quite exciting...only concern for me is the placements...don't have much info on the placements...it wud b gr8 if someone sheds some light on that....wud really appreciate it.
thx
tc
ssg

hi

has anyone applied to Manchester R2 received interview invite? i learned from adcom that number of applications have increased many folds this time. i am wondering if they have already sent invites?..

ps

Normally the interview calls would be out within 2-3 weeks..
else u could mail the admissions office and they are very prompt..take that...

Hi everyone,

Any idea abt how long it takes 2 get an answer from RSM after ur application status is deemed complete? approx how many weeks b4 the final decision? if anyone has got an Admit from RSM it would b gr8 he/she can share the info.

tc
ssg

hi
RSM is pretty regular in its correspondence with regard to status of application so in that sense i think we should consider a warranted time frame of 2-3 weeks before we must expect status. I know its excruciating....but I guess thats the norm! all the best anyways
am trying to gather info on placements for RSM and Manchester...know one thing ---it has to be a personal pursuit! Coz unlike India, most int'l b schools will not spoon feed jobs!Maybe I'll wait for some +ves to happen b4 i break my head more.....
when did u apply to RSM? I did so last week.....:-)
cheers

hi rashi,

thx 4 ur inputs. i finished my application just over a week ago. my docs reached them mid last week i guess and i got a confirmation of application completion on friday. my interview is already over. i had scheduled an interview with them when they had come down for the MBA tour in Mumbai and then i began my application. It was quite good.

Actually my dilemma (wrt 2 the wait) is becos i have just got an admit from HEC on thursday. Now both schools r rated quite high with HEC slightly ahead i believe (from the rankings etc. - FT rankings HEC - 22, RSM - 24) but from what i have heard, the placements in RSM r more international as compared 2 HEC. HEC is v v strong in France and if u know French i believe u r gold and will b picked up by any co. so am in a kind of fix abt the results of RSM as to when will they get back. Becos i need 2 finalise my decision abt HEC before end of March. 2-3 weeks is ok as that will give me sufficient amt of time 2 make a decision. but if it gets longer then its gonna b a tough decision 2 make.

i do agree with u that the effort has 2 b made by the individual himself/herself. But the kind of recruiters that come in at RSM r supposedly better than HEC. pls let me know if u have any info on this aspect.

thx a lot. :-)

tc
ssg

hi ssg

do u know French?? I dont...which is why I did not do any French schools. There is no such constraint in Spain or Holland. I did only RSM!! I i/vd with Dr. Marcel Kalis & feel it went off pretty well. Met two alums also. Look if u know French perhaps u could consider HEC....Lot of Indian seemta go be going there. But one thing also see the kind of packages coz France is very exp..if in that sense the packages are good then it Ok to to go with HEC. True, RSM is definitely more in'tl & also more welcoming for Indians(i wont go far) to work there...as a layman--wonder if u recently heard the Dutch Ambassador to India on TV talking abt opportunities for Indians in Holland.....vis-a-viz the Mittal- Arcelor imrboglio!!! Thats just once aspect...u certainly cant base ur decision on it...but ultimately our life will be beyond business school---we want comfort & a congenial working atmosphere----!!
thats how I have applied to my B schools---I am afraid i cant help much with HEC coz i dint research on it...but if i come across someone from there...I will share the info.

Well since we have already been i/vd before we applied--we are in the same boat and we should expect a decision by say 15th--after which we can write to Luisa or whoever is in touch with you. 😃

Cheers

hi Rashi,

Looks like we r exactly in the same boat. 😃 Even i was i/vd by Marcel and i am in touch with Luisa. i guess we wud have met the same alums also...

Well...abt French i dunno as of now...but if i do decide 2 go there i will b learning it from here itself in the 4-5 months i get. lang is not a problem as i have picked up German when i had been there on a long term assignment. so i guess i shud b ok with French also.
abt the Dutch ambassador, it was info 2 me...thx a lot for that. do agree with u on the ultimate goal though....

hope the decision 4 RSM is +ve for both of us. :-)

will keep u posted if i get any info.

tc
ssg