Manchester MBA 2013 Admits

Dear Friends I have launched a new thread for Manchester MBA 2013 admits. I have received an admit and would like to connect with others who intend to join the Manchester MBS program in August 2013. If we all work as a team, the …

Dear Friends

I have launched a new thread for Manchester MBA 2013 admits.

I have received an admit and would like to connect with others who intend to join the Manchester MBS program in August 2013.

If we all work as a team, the next part of the journey can be smooth. Example, we should now discuss things such as:

- How do we plan to finance our MBA at Manchester? Which bank to approach for a loan?
- How do we connect with each other on a regular basis? For example, we can meet over some weekend at a common city and then we can have online discussions.
- We can create our won FB page and discuss daily
- We can also Skype

I am currently in Bangalore and would love to meet any one else who has received an admit from Bangalore.

Other friends who have received an admit from Mumbai, Delhi etc.....let us all gel together soon.

Lets hit the road!
@DIGNIFIEDLIFE
Hi, Congrats on your admit !
I have submitted my application and will most almost certainly receive an interview call based on the feedback I received from an admission delegate. (This was during an MBS visit in Bangalore). Anyway, hopefully things go well !

Thanks @DIGNIFIEDLIFE for creating it. I am all game. Congrats to @LawGord , @WouldBeCrazy and @takkumi as well.

Lets introduce ourselves

My Profile is given below-
GMAT-600 (2 times)
TOEFL- Awaited
Education- M. Sc. Agriculture (8.33/10.00) and B. Sc. Agriculture (8.33/10.00)
Some Financial certifications like JAIIB, CAIIB, Diploma in Micro Finance and SME Finance
Work- 8 years in Development Banking-Microfinance, project finance and SME finance, Branch Manager since last 2 years
Extracurricular- Social Service, Debate, Football, Chess and composing poems.

@AK1809 I have gone through sme of your post of last year and what I see is that you definitely did some researcha before going in. I wish to know, on a scale of 10, how much you will give MBS on coming up to your expectations...

Guys I have spoken to some banks.....

Allahabad Bank would offer maximum loan of Rs.27.00 Lakh against some collateral Security.
HSBC Up to 100.00 Lakh. CREDILA is ready to bear even living expenses, all they want is a collateral security. By the way when I applied online saying I dont have a collateral to offer, they have not reverted back

I would say at a personal level...it was one of the best decisions of my life... I am sitting among people from 30 different nationalities, working in projects with people from different backgrounds and experiences..Its amazing! The last team project I worked for had one team member each from Korea, Italy, England, China. I couldn't have asked for more !

If i get bit critical, I would say, infrastructure could have been tad better, also some of the professors are not as good at teaching as they are on paper! But then, that is the case with most of the schools. Apart from that, I dont think there is anything that I am not loving about this programme !

Hey guys you can create your FB page and send me an invitation. I will also invite other current class members..that ways it will be easier for all of us to interact !

@AK1809
Nice to hear from someone at MBS. Thanks for taking time off to comment here !
I already know that is a world class program, hence my decision to apply.

But I'm looking at the placement perspective .... If you can give us more info about the current job scene for MBS students, it'l be awesome. I guess the whole dynamic has changed since the visa restrictions on internationals, so I want to get a feel for things and be prepared.
Are companies willing to sponsor visas ?

Has anyone of you got any schols from the school? I hear that the school doesn't provide much schols, Am I right about that part?

@hramkhor said:
Has anyone of you got any schols from the school? I hear that the school doesn't provide much schols, Am I right about that part?
No, Manchester has a very nice scholarship. Scholarship depends on overall quality, not just the GMAT score.
@takkumi said:
@AK1809Nice to hear from someone at MBS. Thanks for taking time off to comment here !I already know that is a world class program, hence my decision to apply. But I'm looking at the placement perspective .... If you can give us more info about the current job scene for MBS students, it'l be awesome. I guess the whole dynamic has changed since the visa restrictions on internationals, so I want to get a feel for things and be prepared. Are companies willing to sponsor visas ?
Here is a very nice report on Job, look for post by batiatus

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/manchester-mba-fall-2012-applicants-25078218/3246191
@WouldBeCrazy
Wow! thats a detailed post ... Thanks for pointing me to it !

Hi Guys

I am Aug 2013 Admit. I agree with you @DIGNIFIEDLIFE ... We must discuss the next steps now..

Also, i have read your posts @AK1809 .. They were informative..

Looking fwd to having more conversations with you guys...

I am Chartered Accountant , worked in Big 4 for 4 years... I also have my family business which I have been looking after for last 7 years post my fathers demise...

Hoping for some valuable inputs from everyone..

cheers