Manchester MBA 2008

Hello, I am applying to Manchester Business school for fall 2008(second deadline in Feb 200 :: .My brief profile is as follows: GMAT : 690(90%) Verbal: 38 (84%) Quant : 47 (81%) AWA : 5.5 Work Ex : Indian IT… 4 years by the time I …

Hello,
I am applying to Manchester Business school for fall 2008(second deadline in Feb 200 .My brief profile is as follows:
GMAT : 690(90%)
Verbal: 38 (84%)
Quant : 47 (81%)
AWA : 5.5
Work Ex : Indian IT.. 4 years by the time I join for Fall 2008 (2+ years in UK)
Extra curriculars : good
I am sure there might be quite a few in the same boat as me.: Also quite a few might have already sailed in the boat as the 1st deadline was on Nov 23. Call to all people who are applying to Manchester and those who already have an admit to Manchester to share the experience.Would be very happy if anyone could throw light on my chances at the college

Hey Amol,
I have applied to Manchester and have an interview on 10th Jan,2008 in Delhi.

Vicky

Hello,
I am applying to Manchester Business school for fall 2008(second deadline in Feb 200 .My brief profile is as follows:
GMAT : 690(90%)
Verbal: 37 (86%)
Quant : 47 (81%)
Work Ex : Indian IT.. 4 years by the time I join for Fall 2008 (2+ years in UK)
Extra curriculars : good
I am sure there might be quite a few in the same boat as me.: Also quite a few might have already sailed in the boat as the 1st deadline was on Nov 23. Call to all people who are applying to Manchester and those who already have an admit to Manchester to share the experience.Would be very happy if anyone could throw light on my chances at the college

Do let me know once you done with your interview.

Hi Vicky, good to know that u r in the same boat as me. I have an interview at Bangalore on 19th Jan. So how r u preparing for the IV. Any idea about the way of interview.

ATB
Abhishek

HI Vicky,Akedia can you please share your profile? any ideas about my chances I have still not applied.

Amol,
my profile is:
GMAT 730 (Q50, V37, AWA 4), Experince about 6 years all in IT, international 1year UK. Your profile looks good, you have a good chance provided you work well in the essays.

ATB
Abhishek

Thanks Akedia.So I believe you had applied for the 1st Deadline.THe application is quite lengthy ..so starting it up.All the best for your interview

Hey all,

me too applying to Manchester.. would be submitting my application by end of this week.

I got a mail from MBS about their pre-application 1-to-1 meetings in India. Anyone else get the mail?? And any idea when the meet would be held in bangalore.. Also it would be helpful if someone could shed some light on what the meeting would revolve around???

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I got an Admit from MBS for fall 2008. Submitted my application with the first deadline was interviewed on 20th Dec.

You can find my interview expereince at Joey's Journey.

Please feel free to message me if you have any other queries.

Regards
PP

Congrats b.school.Kindly share your profile.

Hi Guys,

I got an Admit from MBS for fall 2008. Submitted my application with the first deadline was interviewed on 20th Dec.

You can find my interview expereince at Joey's Journey.

Please feel free to message me if you have any other queries.

Regards
PP

Bschool Congats!!!!!!!!!!

Well going through you interview got to know that they asked a lot of question of the work and assignemnet most behavioural questions. Also you are an Indian right now in zirich. How r u planning to arrange the finance as MBS don't have any contract with any bank for international students. This is the major drawback otherwise the school is great and provides a lot of international exposure and have good rank and placement stats.

Pls let me know your views.

Others who have any idea on any of the issue pls enlighten us.

Regards,
Abhishek

Thankyou Amol and Abhishek!

@Amol My profile is very similar to yours except that I have 2 years of international experience working from a different country.(Male/IT/700/4.5 WE-2 INT.)

@Abhishek you are absolutely right the Admission Committee was just trying to gauge my reaction in different situations. As for finance I would try to take a loan from any of the Indian banks if I fail to secure a loan I still have sufficient funds to Finance my Manchester MBA(from my own earnings and help from family and friends).

I am still evaluating Manchester as I also have an Admit from Rotman Business School but the fees of Rotman is just too steep for me. What do you guys suggest?

Hi all
well i'm new to this forum... for MBS , i also have an interview at Bangalore on 19th Jan. so i'll be meeting you abhishek there....well vicky r u in delhi / gurgaon...plz do tell us about ur intview exp...
also congrats b.school ....

LT
work exp : mfg ... abt 6 yrs
gurgaon

Hi all
well i'm new to this forum... for MBS , i also have an interview at Bangalore on 19th Jan. so i'll be meeting you abhishek there....well vicky r u in delhi / gurgaon...plz do tell us about ur intview exp...

LT
gurgaon

Hi la_aks,

whats the timing for your interview. I am asked to report at taj at 12:00.

Regards,
Abhishek

Well guys best of luck for ur interview! If I can be of any help please do let me know.

Guys, I have a pre-application meeting scheduled with Dr. Heather Spiro on 15th Jan at Mumbai. Any suggestions ?

@ la_lks thanks for ur wishes

@erohit234 in the interview just be yourself, try to highlight all the points which you were not able to highlight in the essays. Even i had my interview with Dr. Heather. She is a wonderful lady and really make you comfortable during the interview. I hope you have prepared well for all the standard questions. Best of luck buddy.

anyone else here who has received an admit from MBS?

All the best erohit!!Kindly share your profile

Hi la_aks,

I am in Gurgaon and have my interview with Dr Heather tomorrow. Will post the interview exp next week. By the way I submitted my ROTMAN deposit fees today.

Vicky

Hi all

LT
gurgaon