Manchester Business School aspirants - 2010

I am a MBS aspirant for 2010. Here is my profile : http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/international-indian-mba-schools-accepting/16244-ask-jeremy-mbamission-com-what-106.html#post1631492 Starting a thread for Manchester Applicants who are applying…

I am a MBS aspirant for 2010. Here is my profile : http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/international-indian-mba-schools-accepting/16244-ask-jeremy-mbamission-com-what-106.html#post1631492

Starting a thread for Manchester Applicants who are applying now for session starting in 2010.

Here is the thread for 08-09 - http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/manchester-business-school-mbs-2009-25034763

Have extracted profiles of those who got admit from previous years thread.

---------------------------------------------------
mbadreamz09
GMAT - 690
Wrk Ex - 4years in Project Management(Engineering/Planning/Commissioning) with a manufacturing giant, BE in Electrical Engineering
----------------------------------
FlightyDJ
indian, female : gmat 680 , exp 4 yrs till sept.( financial research and fiamily business-general mngmt)
mba_cracker
Indian/IT/Male/26/730/4+ years of experience
Zahidh
GMAT 710 (Q-49 V-37) AWA 5.0
Exp: Will complete 6 yrs by the time I join in IT.
Undergrad: BE from REC Trichy. GPA 6.96. I also did a project on Supply Chain Management from ITC during my 3rd year. (Not sure if this will help anyway) , Decent level of extra curricular activities.
target-09
GMAT: 680 ( Q-50, V-32)
B.Tech: IIT Delhi ( Ranked no. 1 in India and 23rd worldover )
GPA: 5.5/10 , Sex: Female
Work Ex.-till August 2008- 5 years ( 1 year in a Business Research and analytics firm, 4 years in leading Public Sector Enterprise )
Extracurriculars: Average
Community work: Nil , but for some rehabilitation work as part of job in the Public Sector Enterprise.
sam80
i have a 650 gmat and 8 yrs exp in IT product engineering, tech consulting, project management, have 4 yrs of us exp and worked with clients such as citi, hsbc. in addition am PMP certified. ECs: Diploma in Mucsic, have been an instructor, CSR activities in education.
Goals: Transition from tech to biz consulting (or biz strategy group of a fin org) and evntually to corporate stratgey in a financial org.

x11r6
GMAT:660, 8 years of exp in IT.
rahulhyd
meetugupta
dummy82
mk723602

I hope some of these come to help us this time.

All MBS aspirants start pouring your profiles here.

Also if some one can give some views on how the job market is fairing in UK and how tough Desis are finding it there at MBS.
I know world over the condition is bad, but then a clear picture would help.
have heard some bad things about UK + plus desis have gone in hoards out there.

Lets leave the "whether to do an MBA or not now" discussion, or "job in UK while recession" discussions to other threads. Those who have made up their mind, do start posting here.

I believe recession and such things are temporary while an MBA will always be helpful. About the timing - "There is no time better than now" - My own thoughts.

waiwai Says
I believe recession and such things are temporary while an MBA will always be helpful. About the timing - "There is no time better than now" - My own thoughts.

No two thoughts on If not now, then when thing. I felt the job scene after MBS is equaly important criteria as the right fit is.
Apologies if you didnt deem it to be correct in context of current discussion.

Nice to see this discussion here. I got an admit from MBS last year, but I have deferred it due to varous reasons including the recession :-)

The economic situation in UK early this year and last year was pretty bad. The situation now, I heard, is improving. UK is a small country and even in good times it is not that easy to find a job in UK.

As far as MBS is concerned, MBS is a reputed university, comes only next to Cambridge and oxford in UK. But the MBA program is not that popular, quality of jobs post MBA is a concern. MBS is not ideal for IB jobs. Importantly, the career services will assist you in finding a job, but mostly, you are on your own in finding a job.

Due to the geographic proximity, the schools in and around London have a distinct advantage in having easy access to the London job market, MBS does not have this advantage.

PS: These are my personal views, I may be wrong.

Also if some one can give some views on how the job market is fairing in UK and how tough Desis are finding it there at MBS.
I know world over the condition is bad, but then a clear picture would help.
have heard some bad things about UK + plus desis have gone in hoards out there.

Apologies if you didnt deem it to be correct in context of current discussion.

No need for apologies. Its a forum, and if people think recession and jobs post mba is really the important criteria then discuss it as well.
Nice to see this discussion here. I got an admit from MBS last year, but I have deferred it due to varous reasons including the recession :-)

Did you get admit from any other school ? what about other people who got admit along with you ? Did they get internships/jobs ?

I am waiting for the decision from Queens, if that does not work out I will go to MBS. What I heard was that 94% of those in the class that passed this year got internship and in July this year for the same class 57% of students had obtained jobs.

Hi ,

I am interested in MBS too.

My Profile

GMAT 660
5 years IT exp by fall 2010.

Any idea on my chances at MBS?

vigdev : "Any idea on my chances at MBS?" - only time can tell.

count me in too.. planning to apply to MBS for 2010...

Brief profile...
25/M/Indian... Educational Background in IT.. GMAT 700
Currently working as a Consultant in Governance Risk and Compliance Domain.. 4.5 yrs WE at start of MBA...
Managed projects (2-3 member teams) mostly in Middle East and now in Germany...

MBA Expectations:
-
Overall a general MBA with some focus/electives in consulting
- Preferably a 12 months course in UK (18 months in case of MBS) starting Fall 2010
- Plan to move up the consulting value-chain i.e. into management consulting (preferably strategy)

My reasons for MBS...
- 18 months... course is spread out with more industry interaction & different projects
- Reputation of MBS as a whole.. (thou some people say the MBA course is not so recognized.. but i think its good - personal opinion.. )
- International Business project sounds very interesting...

Let me know what are you reasons for applying to MBS...

Here are my reasons.
1. Comparatively less cost of the MBA.
2. 18 months course, and so is in between 12 and 24.
3. Its a safe school for me. I will also be applying to Judge,Said etc

yup me too applying to judge and said but both are pretty expensive but i think approx the same as MBS.. but i think in MBS I would have a better chance of getting some scholarship...

anyway one applying to mainly UK business schools ? I got cass on my list too.. anyone else applying there ?

Havent done any research on cass. to start with, why dont you throw some light on it ?

Guys... looks like everyone has a handy experience in their bag.. i'm applying to Manchester as well. But i would have only 3 yrs exp by fall 2010.. will that be a major hurdle... my statistics are pretty good in other areas though.

Hi Guys ,

I am preparing my application for mbs right now. I will have a 3 yr work ex by fall 2010 by plan to apply anyway.
gmat : 700 (q51 , v 33 )l
Currently working in semiconductor domain
cgpa : 8.1/10
X : 85%
XII : 80%

Hi Friends,
In which round are you people planning to apply to MBS. I sent my GMAT score to MBS as part of my test, but after seeing the 10 essays in the apps, I wound be applying any sooner than Jan. When are you people planning to apply???

hi guys,

good to see the discussion on mbs as recently i have done some research from my end and was eagerly looking for a forum to discuss all that...

my profile: 4 yrs of work ex by fall of 2010 in indian IT major
GMAT : 630 (i know its low, still taking a chance)
High School : 83%
Intermediate: 78%
Engineering: CGPA of 2.7 / 4.0
Sports: Extensively at various levels, like school, college and now corporate
Extra Curricular : decent

i am generalising this discussion to beyond MBS, i.e. colleges in UK and Europe as well.

whats the info on cass, warwick, imperial, lbs etc as compared to MBS? let us discuss the school comparisons.

thanks,
siddharth