Manchester Admit

Dear All, I received an unconditional offer from Manchester Business School :: but no scholarship :shock: (infact the word scholarship was not mentioned in the email). And I look forward to hear from other MBS aspirant. Cheers …

Dear All,

I received an unconditional offer from Manchester Business School but no scholarship :shock: (infact the word scholarship was not mentioned in the email).

And I look forward to hear from other MBS aspirant.

Cheers
anil

Hi Anil,

congratulations!!
could you please post your profile and experiences of interview etc..Thanks!!

Hi man congrats! Me too! SO have you sent the initial GBP 1000 or still considering... ?/ I am realy confused..It seems that for 18 months the expenses will be over 50,00,000 INR... do you have any other admits...???

Dear Mihir,

My profile- GMAT (690), 9 yrs (shipping)

I had my interview with Dr. Heather Spiro on 10th Jan in Delhi. And then a long wait- got my offer yesterday.

Interview was on usual line- no stress questions. Dr. Spiro is cool and put me at ease by discussing about Metro and other places to visit in Delhi.

And then the usual questions like- Why MBA , why Manchester, any leadership experience , How would your junior describe your leadership style, 2 strengths and 2 weakness , an instance when you failed to performed and needed assistance, Biggest achievement , any instance when you had innovated in your organization, biggest challenge you will face once in MBS.

It was a 2-way interaction wherein she was discussing about how CMS helps students prepare their CV and helps in job hunting ( I had one page CV at which she remarked that short CVs are more effective than 3-4 pages CV). I would say I was happy and relaxed after the interview- Dr. Spiro is gem of a person to interact with?

I did put up some direct questions on job prospects (considering my unique background), to which she gave a very diplomatic answer that CMS would try their best to prepare me for job hunting.

All in all it was a good experience. However considering its high costs and no scholarship, I am skeptical of joining the course. Got an offer from cranfield as well and is more inclined to join cranfield.

ATB
Anil
Hi Meetarnav,

Congrats to u as well! Considering 10% discount for early submission, I reckon the total cost should be around INR 35K. However, even this is expensive for me and I am more inclined to go for Cranfield or RSM.

Regards
anil

HI ANIL
CONGRATS MAN:D
LOKKS LIKE ITS PARTY TIME FOR ALL MARINERS. EVERY ONE IS PUTTING ITS FOOT ON GREAT INST.
COULD YOU PLEASE REVEAL WHETHER YOU WERE FROM ENGINE OR DECK SIDE.
I AM ALSO FROM BOKARO, SEC-8A. I AM A MARINE ENGINEER TOO.

Oye i am from the merchant navy too!!! Third Engineer Barbership Management.... guys so who is coming to MBS??? What is the job scenario....??

Hi mariners,

Gr8 to know there are others on the same boat. I am a chief officer (AESM),(TSC-1995-98, DVC Bokaro Thermal). Now with offers from schools coming in, I am confused now. While the investments are huge, I am really not sure of the job prospects post MBA, specially in UK.
I had a word with cranfield alumnus, based in Pune, who was quite diplomatic in answering my question of job prospects. His take was that UK has best of the education but would not guarantee a job. Post MBA jobs are a factor of economy and our own capability to market ourselves.
Now I did receive some straight forward reply from my seniors. Here is one Quote-
I am from TSR 90-93 , just finished MSc in Transport from CardiffUniversity and searching for jobs.

Before u take a final decision take into account :
1. UK is a small country...few jobs
2. MBA is not much valued in UK. 99% OF MBA students in top colleges are outsiders from 3rd world countries. It is a money making business of Universitties.
3. UK companies recruit undergraduate students from different background, train them for 2/4 years as gradte management trainee . they occupy 90% top jobs. (Check graduatejobs.com, prospects.co.uk, doctorjobs.com ...type uk graduate jobs in gogle)
4.Getting admission to MBA is not difficult..u need to show money..u will find lots of student who will not even qualify to get into a top 20/25 Indian schools studying in top UK Business schools.
5. Do not go by online rankings..FT etc....talk to real people.
6. There is no concept of Campus Placement in UK. U have to find ur own job. If u do not have workpermit...not for 2 years HSMP....minimum 4-5 years...very difficult to find grad jobs.
7.Back in India UK MBAs are not much valued.
8.I know personally 3 MBA students from Cranfield with good wok experience in India struggling to find a simple managerial job.

If u can get admission into ISB /IIM or even SPJAIN is better . Uk employoers give too much importance on work experience than degree(very diff than India).

I have no idea about US MBAs.

With your sailing background try to get into similar programmes.

Check CASS , MSC Shipping Trade Finance.

Cransfield is best in UK for Supply Chain Management /Logistics MSC programme...good market value.

These are all my personal opinion in good faith. Do verify with others. Unquote

Request inputs from others.

Regards,
Anil