Management Consulting Salaries in India

Hi Everyone: Would really appreciate if you could share some ball-park salary information from a Management Consulting firm like McKinsey, BCG and/or A.T.Kearney. My details: Situation: Final stages of interview with BCG for a senior ass…

Hi Everyone:

Would really appreciate if you could share some ball-park salary information from a Management Consulting firm like McKinsey, BCG and/or A.T.Kearney. My details:

Situation: Final stages of interview with BCG for a senior associate/manager position in Mumbai

Background: B.E (India) MS (USA) MBA (Top-3 school in the US). Total Experience: 13 years. Post-MBA: 4

Some salary #s would help me a lot in my negotiation - how much do these companies pay to new MBA graduates?

Thanks a lot for your help!

nashville404

Hi, I'm not an MBA..but sharing general data, which I think you might have also analyzed. Salaries after ISB for Associate roles are in the range of 12-18 Lakhs depending on experience, expertise. Though PGPX programs are fairly young, but most of the top 5-10 consulting firms do hire senior executives with 10-15 years of exp. The salaries for PGPX grads for Consulting roles is in the range of 15-25 Lakhs. Since you have 4 years of post MBA exp, my guesstimate is you can target salary of 30+ ....Details depend on your relevant work exp and if your experience in US are adding significant value to any specific assignment or initiatives of the firm.

I know that with 5-6 years of pre-ISB exp, some folks have managed to negotiate salaries in excess of 30. So how much salary can you negotiate...I'm sure you know the answer - it depends 😃

all the best.

@nashville404

Hi Everyone:Would really appreciate if you could share some ball-park salary information from a Management Consulting firm like McKinsey, BCG and/or A.T.Kearney. My details:Situation: Final stages of interview with BCG for a senior associate/manager position in Mumbai

Background: B.E (India) MS (USA) MBA (Top-3 school in the US). Total Experience: 13 years. Post-MBA: 4Some salary #s would help me a lot in my negotiation - how much do these companies pay to new MBA graduates?

Thanks a lot for your help!nashville404

Hi What is ur Acads?

Here are ball park figures.. McKinsey pays around 23lpa in ABC for 0-3 yrs exp (profile: junior associate) In ISB they pay 27-32lpa for 4+ exp (profile: associate) BCG and Bain pay equal or sometimes better but McKinsey has the brand advantage.. so ppl still prefer McKinsey Here is the ladder in McKinsey Analyst - mba - jr. Associate - Associate - sr Associate - Engagement manager - Sr. EM(newly introduced) - associate partner - partner - sr. Partner Source: directly from a McKinsey employee ;-)