Maintenance Week - 27th April onwards - Late Night

Hello people, We are moving around some of our hardware, configuring new software and re-architecturing some of our infrastructure to ensure faster access and more reliability. What this means is that starting Monday - we will be shuttin…

Hello people,

We are moving around some of our hardware, configuring new software and re-architecturing some of our infrastructure to ensure faster access and more reliability.

What this means is that starting Monday - we will be shutting down parts of the site for some time to do all the maintenance work.

1) Generally all work will start after 1AM - Now I know that a lot of you use the site even after that .. but you may face some downtime this week after those times.

2) Most of the changes we are going to make are cumulative and so we will keep working all nights through this week to keep things easy for you guys.

Just keep everyone informed that they may see some random downtime during this week and tell them that we are working on a bunch of things to make it all the more reliable.

I'm sorry for the random 503 errors you guys are looking at and I am hoping that by the end of the coming week we will have tackled it conclusively.

Thankoo!

We have to extend this to next week as well. We have seen a sharp reduction in 503s but we still have some major changes that need to be made :)

Thanks for the patience

You might see some outages in the next twelve hours. We are making some network level changes to push our servers to a new IP range and you may hit an access issue over the next 12 hours. The chances are you won't see it - but lets see how it goes.

We are moving all servers to a new IP range so that we can make some major changes to our infra architecture. Some long over due things to be done over the entire night. Thanks for understanding 😁

One of the critical servers got migrated yesterday night and we are waiting to get started on more work which is scheduled around 9.30pm tonight. We will start making changes and we will continue to do so over the night. We've also been working relentlessly on the 503 issues as well and will continue to do so over this week.

Thankoo!

We are moving one of our key servers at 11.30PM IST tonight. That should be the last of the server moves. I expect it to be seamless - hope it goes well and thanks for the patience 😁

Maintenance pushed to 12.30AM tomorrow - in around 1.30 hours

The server changes/swaps have been done. Yesterday night we also put in a redundant load balancing setup that ensures that even if a server or two goes down, the site would still be functional. This was tested at around 4AM and it generally went well - we should do some testing during peak time to identify any major issues with the setup :)

As of now most of the server downtime work has been complete except for some stress testing which will be done over the weekend. Do keep an eye out for errors and please report - I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Due to a goof up by me, we are having to do some more server work - this should result in any downtime or errors though - Hopefully the last couple of days have been better for you in terms of browsing experience and lack of errors.

Do keep this thread or the 503 errors thread updated if you see anything amiss with the site and its performance and want to report :)

Thanks

Due to a goof up by me, we are having to do some more server work - this should result in any downtime or errors though - Hopefully the last couple of days have been better for you in terms of browsing experience and lack of errors.

Do keep this thread or the 503 errors thread updated if you see anything amiss with the site and its performance and want to report :)

Thanks

Sir I am not able to change my location details after trying several times.
The steps that i follow are -
Go to my account-edit details-change my location-save it.
But having tried this numerous times , i am still stranded at the same location .
Kindly look into the matter!!
Sir I am not able to change my location details after trying several times.
The steps that i follow are -
Go to my account-edit details-change my location-save it.
But having tried this numerous times , i am still stranded at the same location .
Kindly look into the matter!!

Hi, this should be sorted out within the next couple of days - our devs are not here back yet

Some minor outage to happen right now. Making final fixes for em 503s based on the last two days observance 😁

One more outage to go ..

Awright. I believe that fixes it all 😃 Thanks!