LOYOLA COLLGE- Howz this one folks!

Hi Today i got an email from Loyola College announcing the opening of admission on the basis of XAT scores… Pls throw some light on this institute and Approx. cut off of XAT score for this one. Thx

Hi
Today i got an email from Loyola College announcing the opening of admission on the basis of XAT scores...
Pls throw some light on this institute and Approx. cut off of XAT score for this one.
Thx

hi

Loyola or LIBA is an upcomming institute in chennai......the placement scene is pretty ok...the loyola banner gives the insti some wt among the south indian students....the fac is supposed to b just ok...their present dir Fr. casmir is rumored to b the next dir of XLRI.........

My advise.........try for other colleges taking XAT (XiM B, GiM) first....LIBA shld b only after these....

best of luck

abuster

Hi,
Plz shed some more light on..wht's the cutoff (XAT percentile)they look for ,before calling up for Interview.
thx.

HI,

Think hard before making the decision to join this college.
Loyola is a good college, but it is better known for Arts and Science. LIBA has improved by leaps and bounds in the last few years, but still does not make it to the top 20 schools. If you have time on your side (if you are 20-22), then wait for a year, try CAT/XAT (god knows if other exams will exist).
I am not sure of the placements etc, but it is a decent college, if you are willing to take the plunge this year.

Regards

I heard through one of my friends that LIBA is achieving 100% placements for the past 3 years. My friend got thru' ICICI Bank for Rs.3 lacs p.a It's located at the heart of Chennai city. That is all I know about this college.

Hi,
Plz shed some more light on..wht's the cutoff (XAT percentile)they look for ,before calling up for Interview.
thx.

i don't know exactly .but i think a user called ananaya(dont remember exact username) is from liba.i think the user can shed more light on the topic.
BTW i have tried to mail liba about the cutoffs and expected percentile ,but they aren't replying.

hi guyz i'm frm loyola apparently

king wrote:

i don't know exactly .but i think a user called ananaya(dont remember exact username) is from lib

yup king u r rite d users name is in fact ANANYA

well cumin back 2 liba yup its cumin up well n as i've heard frm ananya there were 2 placements frm IBM 4 6lacs n the rest in d range of 3.5 lacs

well 1 thing is 4 sure , u get nice vadas, bondas dere in their canteen coz v guyz v go2 liba canteen almost everyday n eat there

in fact there is gonna b a quiz in LIBA this sunday n i'm gonna b dere

cheers,

vicky.

hey vicky can u personally go and enquire a few things with the admisions office?
cos they dont answer mails and i dont wanna spend on S.T.D. caalls
just ask the following
1. approx cutoff percentile
2.are there sectional cutoffs ?if yes how much?

Any leads on this one folks???? me very eager on knowing the cutoffs

well i taked to some people and got an idea that 70-75 percentile in xat should get a call .again jusyt a intelligent guess. dont know bout sectional cutoff and stuff

yaar i too got a e-mail from liba......

but don't know about cut-offs...

anyway i will fill the form ....

but don't know about cut-offs...
anyway i will fill the form ....

whats ya %ile in XAT ?? I guess 70%ile shd be enough to get a call from LIBA.. not sure tho'!

i haven't received my xat score-card still......

waiting for it to arrive.....

anyway didn't get a call from xlri.....

and i filled only that through xat....

Hey People..
Yup! Im from LIBA!
I really dont know what percentile you need to get into LIBA, coz last year XAT didnt give us our percentile scores... I guess 70% -75% should do it though..
Ive said this in some post before and Ill say it again.. I was very apprehensive too before joinin LIBA but things are looking up..We've had about 5 ppl getting placed for 6 lacs per annum from IBM, IOC et al. The average is about 3-3.5 lacs...
But if you are looking at infra structure or good canteen food ..this is not the place to be...Also I must warn you that there are only about a handful of excellent profs..The rest are al no great shakes..But Ive heard that there are quite a few visiting profs in the 2nd year from IIMB, XLRI, GIM to name a few..
Well! if any one of you'll need any more info, you are free to pm me...
buh-bye

Hey guys
I asked in IMS about the percentile needed for LIBA and they said that 60 percentile will get u through.but i dont think 60 percentile will be enough.what do u guys think?
Ashok

they must be talking about LIBA in Timbuctoo and definitely not chennai.

Liba is #4 in among B schools under XAT.Cut off should be about 75-80 % ile

I know of friends with
84(with work ex)
94(zero work ex)
95(with work ex)
& 96(with work ex)
who have applied to LIBA and are serious about joining it.

I called up LIBA , it seems the list will be out on or after 15th March
cheers

arey yaar
what i dont understand is that ,why shud a person with workexperience and good scores in xat be serious abt joining LIBA?he might be trying for some good institutes in CAT too i'm sure.
Ashok

LIBA 2005
Guys what say 60+%le are we thru ???

Ciao

God Father

me got 70.17 percentile... any chance in LIBA? havent applied yet..should i? and wud there be any sectionals? i need advice(s).