looking forward to sydenham institute of management , i am here to help yu guys

well frens this is the thread that i have specifically opened for the students who are wanting to join the mba programme in sydenham institute of management , mumbai in the next academic year . as i am a *sydenhamite * myself i wud be here to he…

well frens this is the thread that i have specifically opened for the students who are wanting to join the mba programme in sydenham institute of management , mumbai in the next academic year . as i am a sydenhamite myself i wud be here to help yu all guys who are preparing for the cet exam and are wanting to get in here . feel free to pump in yur quetions here and be sure this old horse of pagalguy is going to provide all the details , help regarding exams , admissions , ranks , and other details of the college such as placement and all so start shooting yur questions frens

feeling nice to be back at pg after a long stint away from it as was busy getting myelf setteled here in mumbai.

rahine

well i know that the cet notifications are not out and that cat is not over yet but still yu all can keep the questions bank filled up so that can get all the data and answers for yu all well this wud al so be a gud opportunity for guys like me to know before hand the people who wanna join the college and have the best of interactions .... it is true that sydenham doesnmt accept cat and thats why its visibility in terms of news paper ads and all is not that muc but i can assure yu all that whoever is giving cet shud be aware of this college so i thought if i cud clear all the doubts and querie s for yu guys over here .... looking forward to hearing from yu guys k

rahine

Hi,

I will be appreaing for CET this year but was only thinking about JBIMS.......Is Sydhenam comparable to the best in the country? I will appreciate a frank and candid response.
Also, do you feel that Sydhenam will be a good value addition for me? I am a B.E. with a little over 1year of good work experience in a mid sized I.T. firm. (2 years when I will be joining the course)

Also, I would like your view reagrds the campus, i.e. is it Wi-Fi connected, the library and its contents, the faculty, placements, expected salary and job profile, kind of companuies visiting, etc.

I know that I am asking a lot but need the info to make a decision regards this.

Thanks.
Vishal

Hi,

I will be appreaing for CET this year but was only thinking about JBIMS.......Is Sydhenam comparable to the best in the country? I will appreciate a frank and candid response.
Also, do you feel that Sydhenam will be a good value addition for me? I am a B.E. with a little over 1year of good work experience in a mid sized I.T. firm. (2 years when I will be joining the course)

Also, I would like your view reagrds the campus, i.e. is it Wi-Fi connected, the library and its contents, the faculty, placements, expected salary and job profile, kind of companuies visiting, etc.

I know that I am asking a lot but need the info to make a decision regards this.

Thanks.
Vishal

hey Vishal,
Being a sydenhamite myslf cudnt resist answerin ur Qs. First of all dude, i appreciate ur passion 2 get into JB but i wud advise u to be more practical n rational in ur appraoch towards life..i guess thtz wat a manager is required to be..right? I ve seen ppl wastin year after another to get into JB, n finally takin up anythng tht comes along after they reach a stage whr they cnt wait any longer.
Secondly as far as Sydenham is concerned, to be comparable to the best in the country, it never participates in the polls tht keep ranking colleges year after year, whch do nothing but cause uproar n controversy. hey to give u a 'frank and a candid' response to ur Qs of sydenham being a value addition to u , dude its for u to decide based on ur career n professional aspirations, ur background, ur goals...bla bla. who r we to decide whether sydenham is a value addition to u or not.
to answer ur further queries, it doesnt boast of a Wi-Fi campus nall the fancy infrastructure coz its a govt college, but yes comparing its fees (Rs.30,000) it has got fantastic return on investment. SIMSREE's brand speaks for itself. i wud sincerely request u to visit our website, simsree.org. plz help urslf, atb.
reg,
rohan.

i appreciate what rohan pointed out and obviousli value addition wud be there obviousli its second to jb in cet and thats whats maters i know there are onli at present who are willing to post here but as time goes by and cet nears there will be lot more . now jb is iim category now consider the A grade college in india sydenham cums in that with the names like bim trichy iit kharagpur iit madras kj somaiya and imt and muc ahead of welingkar and nirma as given by rankings according to grade s by TIME . there is a difference between the avg placements wen yu compare jb but then i am talking about the next rung of schools and in that sydenham stands out so if yu cant make it to iims or jbims then sydenham is the place to be if yu are looking for value addti and also return on investment my fren k

take care
rahine

Thanx a lot for both ur inputs to the issue...

I also have another query regd Sudhenam.....I read sumwhr tht Sydhenam also as some other exam for which it conducted an independent exam sumwhere in July last year......PGDBM course I think.....Pls provide sum feedback on tht if possible....how is it comparable to the MMS course under CET.....

Thanx,
Vishal

well frens this is the thread that i have specifically opened for the students who are wanting to join the mba programme in sydenham institute of management , mumbai in the next academic year . as i am a sydenhamite myself i wud be here to help yu all guys who are preparing for the cet exam and are wanting to get in here . feel free to pump in yur quetions here and be sure this old horse of pagalguy is going to provide all the details , help regarding exams , admissions , ranks , and other details of the college such as placement and all so start shooting yur questions frens

feeling nice to be back at pg after a long stint away from it as was busy getting myelf setteled here in mumbai.

rahine

hello, rahine i want to apply 4 d sydenham i did my grad 4m d.u i was preparin 4 d cat but cud not get a good college my cat%le last yr was 75, xat 87, mat 91. i was rejected by many institutes comin under xat probably due to my poor acads i took admission in mca in coimbatore this yr where my rank was 85 in all india test .this was because i didnt want to waste 1 more yr but i still want to do mba 4m a gud institute shud i try 4sydenham thru cet . how is its repo in mumbai plz rply

rahine

hi cool rahine,
I am an electrical engineer with about 1.5 yrs of experience, Currently im working as a research analyst in a consulting firm. I wanted to know How's Sydenham's lateral placement in terms of the role as well as the CTC package offered also do u know of anybody in ur senior batch who has been placed in any consultancy firm (Pls dont include placements in Mckinsey Knowledge centre and deloitte -Hyd)
hi cool rahine,
I am an electrical engineer with about 1.5 yrs of experience, Currently im working as a research analyst in a consulting firm. I wanted to know How's Sydenham's lateral placement in terms of the role as well as the CTC package offered also do u know of anybody in ur senior batch who has been placed in any consultancy firm (Pls dont include placements in Mckinsey Knowledge centre and deloitte -Hyd)

its nice to see the sort of questions that i was looking forward . sxhedule has been hectic here and so was busy with projects .......... lateral placements are pretty good in sydenham shudnt worry about that coz sydenham is one of the most popular brands in the industry and also among b school applicants . companies cumhere during october to january during the final year for placements i feel at that time the lateral placement offers are made and also if not lateral we have a full placements week that deals with the placing of the entire batch strength. as far as the packages are concerened the avergae last year was 4.5 lacs with the lowest being 3 lacs ..... coz compnies are not allowed to campus who offer less than 2.5 lacs .... and almost 75 percent of the batch gets placed at around 3.75 to 4.5 lacs the rest get placed within 2.5 to 3.5 lacs . see i myself lost jbims by 2 ranks and have cum here but now feeling nice to be in one of the top b schhols in india and mumbai .

while talking about placements i shud also mention here that the infrastructure here is 20 if rated on a scal of 100 ....... as sydenham is totally controlled by government the infratsructure lacs and evrything is dependent on teh students i have myself managed a broadband connection with my roommate here in an accomodation .

faculty here is really good most of them are those who teach in jbims and they are gud as coz they give the same quality stuffs at jbims ND SYDENHAM .
THERE ARE NO CORE FACULTIES AND EVRYBODY IS VISITING FACULTY it goes the same for jbims as well. the belief here is that visiting faculties are better as they give better idea of what is going on in the corporate world.lots of presentations are to be given during the course be prepared for the grind.
the programme is not resedential so yu have to arrange for accomodation.
considering all this the fees here is on the lower side its 32k per year and i can assure yu evn if yu inclkuyde yur living costs the cost of the course is not more than 2.5 lacs in 2 years and considering yu mite get 5lacs or stuffs the return is pretty high unlike other b schools which take yu for a ride and then give yu peanuts when it cums to palacements .

i in fact left delhi school of economics to join the programme here coz of brand name and mumbai location and was strongly advised by TIME center director of mumbai mr srinivas to join sydenham as its one of the well known brands in indian b school scenario. its place is always among the top 18 colleges and is an A CATEGORY COLLEGE EVEN THOUGH IT LACS A LOT IN TERMS OF INFRASTRUCTURE. WHAT IT HAS IS STUDENT quality coz see students here are ll those who have missed jb by one mark or a few ranks so corporates know it . as in the guest lectures they mention this fact.
in terms of country head rankings sydenham falls in teh top 9 category with alumnis doing very well. like sanjay behl marketing head of reliance, ashees bhaseen president of lintas mr shiddharth ( whose review came out in economic time brand equity yesterday) in nokia phillipines as head and many others so yu can see that the alumni is very big here.

now reagarding cet and the entrance test to get in here its pretty rigorous as previous year 36k people wrote the cet and yu see only the top 100 make it to here and jbims combin so yu have to get a very decent percentile above 99.1 so that there is a chnace of yu getting thru as nothing can be said and then the gd pi score also matters so all in all it wud be fruitful 2 years here at sydenham if yu are able to make it and for now its all i cud do for all ya guys
take care
rahine
loserguy Says
hello, rahine i want to apply 4 d sydenham i did my grad 4m d.u i was preparin 4 d cat but cud not get a good college my cat%le last yr was 75, xat 87, mat 91. i was rejected by many institutes comin under xat probably due to my poor acads i took admission in mca in coimbatore this yr where my rank was 85 in all india test .this was because i didnt want to waste 1 more yr but i still want to do mba 4m a gud institute shud i try 4sydenham thru cet . how is its repo in mumbai plz rply

i feel i have given all the answers in terms of reply to subu yu can check that as far as as yur query regarding the repo pof sydenham well well well yu are looking at the number 2 colleg after jbims in cet and among the top 5 collegs in mumbai as a whole among the collegs like jbims, nitie, spjain, nmims and then sydenham .infact its comparable to nm in terms of return on investment . ofcourse comparisons are a cardinal sin hre so wudnt go deep into it .
it is one of the well known brands in india and falls in the premier b school category obviousli our colleg doesnt participate in evry bschool survey and in sum surveys in wic it participates it gets top 25 ranks but i can assure it falls among teh top 18 coz of return on investment and brand image yu can be asking yur center directors if yu are undergoing ny coaching classes for cet or cat this year in fact i left delhi school of economics to join this place people mite raise their eyebrow when the hear this but foir me whenyu look at mumbai as the financial capital of india and yu get a top college of india in there then no worries as such man prepare hard for cet as yu wud require a percentile above 99.3 to make sure yu get a seat here combin witha dcen gd pi score so dont worry prepare well nd looking forward to meeting yu here next time
rahine
Thanx a lot for both ur inputs to the issue...

I also have another query regd Sudhenam.....I read sumwhr tht Sydhenam also as some other exam for which it conducted an independent exam sumwhere in July last year......PGDBM course I think.....Pls provide sum feedback on tht if possible....how is it comparable to the MMS course under CET.....

Thanx,
Vishal

yup sydenham also has another course called the pgdbm the notification cums out late but yu can find the dtes in leading b school coaching institutesite like time , ims , careerlauncher and well i wud not luk nice but well have to tell that mms is slightli better honestli speaking coz yu are gonna get a degree and also here the compettion is tough so the student quality is relatively better. but all in all pgdbm is also a very good course and yu as well try for that whichevr course yu do the brand sydenham wud matter ultimately so its yur choice if yu wnna do mba fom sydenham yu can opt for both mms and pgdbm but if yu get admission in both yu shud opt for mms thats it.
rahine

stillow the cet notification has not cum out i think itll cum out sumwhere in no january so all yu guys gunning for sydenham and jbims thru cet will have to wait a bit i guess.

enjoy
rahine

as soon as the cet dates cum out ill be posting them here and then ill be giving the data regarding the ranks and all that are required to get into sydenham was busy all these days with presentations .
rahine

first of all ,
hi 2 every1 !!!
back on PG after a long long time !!! after 2/3 months !!!!!
was busy with admission & getting settled in Sydenham !!! 😃
@ me -- im Chetan doing PGDBM @ Sydenham ( batch of 2005-07)

good effrts r already taken by rahine !!!!
keep it up !
i was reading all those but cudn't get time 2 write !!!
actually ppl will become hot once cet dates get declared !!

so guys,
keep pouring ur qts - regarding Sydenham & CET too !!!

ciao !!!

hi ppl,am frm calcutta n done my grads from st. xaviers college calcutta in commerce. im try for cat this yr. i was interested in givin cet ,but ppl at my ims centre advised me not to coz apparently there's only a 5-10 % quota for ppl frm outside maharashtra. is that true... ???
plz throw some light on this subject ..n some advice whether it will b advisable for me to give cet,considering ill have to go to mumbai n give the exam .. plz help..thanks a tonne.

hi ppl,am frm calcutta n done my grads from st. xaviers college calcutta in commerce. im try for cat this yr. i was interested in givin cet ,but ppl at my ims centre advised me not to coz apparently there's only a 5-10 % quota for ppl frm outside maharashtra. is that true... ???
plz throw some light on this subject ..n some advice whether it will b advisable for me to give cet,considering ill have to go to mumbai n give the exam .. plz help..thanks a tonne.

i am myself an oms student from calcutta (missing pujas this time and madox square) i mean outside maharastra student. yes there is extermely stringemnt process more so for the admission of the outside maharastra students . its 15 percent of the total number of seats. it starts with jb there are only 18 seats, in sydenham there are 9 seats , in welingkar again18 seats and kj somaiya 18 seats. so practically yu have to be among the top 100 oms students in india to book yur seat in any one of thses institutes. i myself had a 99.90 percentile and got all india 21 rank man k

best of luck to yu willing to see yu next time in sydenham man.
take care
rahine
doing a joint effort with chetan ( welcum to this thread man)

as alraedy explained by rahine,
CEt is very easy as compared to CAt & also upto last yr, other exam scores xat/mat ( i know only these 2) were accepted.
so think, no harm to apply.
the mumbai being commercial hub of country, its always better to do mba from here as the kind of exposure u will get here is " SUPER "
looking forward ........

guys giving CET come up with your queries .
rahine

guys who are looking forward to give cet for sydenham a and jbims do post yur queries in here k
rahine