London School Of Economics.

hi, planning 2 do economics courswwe from london school of economics… pls provide views. i am a chartered accountant & working with big 4 accounting firm as of now. mba was a perferred choice but also considering ma in economics… itz lik…

hi,
planning 2 do economics courswwe from london school of economics.. pls provide views.

i am a chartered accountant & working with big 4 accounting firm as of now. mba was a perferred choice but also considering ma in economics... itz like i want 2 b a fund manager ..& hence this shift hmm... i guess shift is not d rite word...but i believe this will b more helpful in understandin the macro environment in which companies operate...

pls provide insight & inputs...

thanx & regards

Silversurfer

how good is MSc Management and Strategy course and MSc finance course in lse??

check their website and update the thread too.That will be helpful

I am currently studying the MSc Economics at LSE. LSE does have a 'Trium MBA' program in collaboration with NYU Stern and HEC Paris. The MSc Management program is also popular.

I will be happy to answer any specific queries regarding LSE.

Cheers!

hey guys..can you put the eligibility criteria for Msc economics in LSE.
Through which exam they are taking admission..please elaborate..
thanks in advance

The MSc Economics program is one of the most popular and prestigious programs at the LSE. You will need to give the GRE general test and also submit the TOEFL score.

The undergrad GPA is also considered for granting admission.

For students from India, MSc Economics is completed over a period of 2 years instead of the usual 1 year. This is because of the high mathematics and economics requirements of the Masters program. In the first year, students take mathematics courses (Like advanced calculus, linear algebra, complex analysis, real analysis, game theory etc...).

Also those students who do not have sufficient preparation in Economics (like engineers) are required to enroll in the 2 year masters program.

The second year of the Masters is very rigorous and demanding. One needs to submit a dissertation (10000 words) around september of the 2nd year to graduate.

Best of Luck!

I was told that for the economics masters at LSE only BA/BSC in Economics can apply...

I am a chartered accountant and wish to study economics. Can i apply to LSE Masters Economics?

To Subscribe.

Hi Kushagra,

Can you pls elaborate on Trium MBA, that you have mentioned ??

thnx

I am currently studying the MSc Economics at LSE. LSE does have a 'Trium MBA' program in collaboration with NYU Stern and HEC Paris. The MSc Management program is also popular.

I will be happy to answer any specific queries regarding LSE.

Cheers!
Hi Kushagra,

Can you pls elaborate on Trium MBA, that you have mentioned ??

thnx

Check this out for it: TRIUM Global Executive MBA, top ranked alliance of NYU Stern, LSE and HEC Paris

It is actually an executive global MBA just like the Fuqua Cross Continent MBA. Not so similar to regular full-time mba.

hi, i wanted to do the Msc in International Relations and human resources at LSE.
how competitive is this?
are there jobs that fit this course available?
I am a B.E. Chemical Emgineer , Mumbai University , with a 64%.
I have an internship with BASF.
I will start working soon probably with Infosys.
Certain amt. of extra curricular activities.

What can i do in the next two years which shall give me a real chance at this college.
Please help me .

hey guys i have a doubt regarding masters in economics.... i completed my b.com in 2009....nw m givng entrences fr mba........ bt i dun thnk i will do well in dem n hence m thnking fr m.a in eco.....can you plz tell me....... wch r da best college fr m.a in economics n wot r der admssion criteria??...and if dey can b easily crackd??....i will b really thankful......

aditi

you do not need work experience to join LSE masters. If your academic grades are good, and the references are solid you should be able to crack LSE. IR is a very popular masters program here, hence its relatively more competitive as compared to other master programs on offer.

Best of luck

a.khan

MA economics program vary from univ to univ. check out NYU, Duke, Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, UBC programs. These are all good. Academic records and GRE (if reqd) are looked at.

Hi Sunil,
This is my profile
10th:85
12th:90
CGPA:9.5/10 in engg
GMAT : 700
can i get into MSc Management and Strategy program with this profile and scores

Thanks in Advance

hey kushagra...i want to go for Ms in fin and eco at LSE..my profile is
B.tech Chemical Engg From IIT with GPA 8.0 absolute
12th 71%, 10th 86%
CFA level 1 cleared and having 2 yr work ex as a derivative trader...so do u think i stand a chance there??

Anshul