London Business School - 2010 Applicants

Hello - any one else applying to London Business School…the R1 deadline just 25 days away! …going to talk to my recommenders soon (They already know I am applying) but I am going to tell them about LBS. Working on my essays and its taking…

Hello - any one else applying to London Business School...the R1 deadline just 25 days away! ...going to talk to my recommenders soon (They already know I am applying) but I am going to tell them about LBS.

Working on my essays and its taking a lot of time 😞

Hello - any one else applying to London Business School...the R1 deadline just 25 days away! ...going to talk to my recommenders soon (They already know I am applying) but I am going to tell them about LBS.

Working on my essays and its taking a lot of time :(

I am applying Round 1. The school website says
"The application form for joining the MBA class beginning in August 2010 will be available at the beginning of September 2009."

Its just 25 days to go. Is there any link where they have uploaded the application form ? Is the essay template on their website updated ?
"The application form for joining the MBA class beginning in August 2010 will be available at the beginning of September 2009."

Its just 25 days to go. Is there any link where they have uploaded the application form ? Is the essay template on their website updated ?

The essays template is up though - you can find it attached.

P.S: Thats an incredible GMAT Score! :)

Hello tank_i the link is already up for apping
You have to click on Newuser/register link on the right hand side and after
registering you can start with the app process
The essays are the same as last year.

Hope this helps
In between can you all please share your profile.

Mine is
4 years work exp in IT industry
9 months intl
decent extra curiculars
BE from top 15 colleges
GMAT 730/4.5

i am also applying to LBS but i have not given any test of english language
will LBS accept my app
on the basis that i have done my undergraduate degree from a univ where English was the language of instruction??

Or do i need to give test before the first deadline??

They havent uploaded the application form - I had actually applied to London Business School TWO years back and had been strongly asked to reapply - if I open my application section, I see the content from 2 years back!

The essays template is up though - you can find it attached.

P.S: Thats an incredible GMAT Score! :)

Did they give any specific reason for not accepting you last time around ? Anything to do with less years of work-ex or lack of int'l experience ?

Hope this helps
In between can you all please share your profile.

Mine is
4 years work exp in IT industry
9 months intl
decent extra curiculars
BE from top 15 colleges
GMAT 730/4.5

thanks for the info !

My profile is:
4 years work-ex at matriculation (risk management/analytics for commercial and retail banks) in a "growing" company.
Over 2 years of int'l exposure through work/internships/travel across 10+ countries.
5 year M.Tech from IIT D in Maths and Computing
GMAT 780 / CFA Level 1
Fair extra currics and community involvement

just finished writing essays for INSEAD. starting with LBS essays tommorrow.
i am also applying to LBS but i have not given any test of english language
will LBS accept my app
on the basis that i have done my undergraduate degree from a univ where English was the language of instruction??

Or do i need to give test before the first deadline??

I don't think LBS requires TOEFL for people who have done their undergrad from a univ where the medium of instruction is english. You may want to check their website just to be sure. However, I attended an information session of another top school recently and the admissions dean of that school said that TOEFL can compensate for a low score on verbal section of GMAT. By low she meant less than 30 on GMAT's verbal section.

I will be applying in R2, but will follow the thread of nuggets of info..

Hope this helps

Can you post the exact link ? I have registered on the website and am stuck at the Update details link.
tank_I Says
Can you post the exact link ? I have registered on the website and am stuck at the Update details link.

Hi tank_i the page that i am seeing is session specific
I know when i logged in first time i also felt kind of struck
But if you see the link on right hand side on the top
there is something "continue with the app" i think that will take you to the required page

Lemme know if that helps
regards
sillyfool

and by the way you got great profile
I rem last year arnd also that u applied at some places
were you able to get thru
If not please share the feedback
Did they
thanks for the info !

Last Edited by Fordfirestone.

Hi All
I need your suggestion on this
I am thinking of writing optional essay
But here i want to write about an event from my college life.
I wanted to use 3rd essay for that.
But then i thought of giving an example from my professional career only.
So my question is may i use the optional essay to show the challenge that I faced in leading teams and how i overcame them.
Or should I refrain myself from wriiting this essay?

Does someone have a list of scholarships / grants available for LBS ?

Hi All
So my question is may i use the optional essay to show the challenge that I faced in leading teams and how i overcame them.

No replies???
Guys please guide me on my above mentioned question

Thanks In advance
SillyFool
Hi All

Unless the incident is really momentous and different from what you write - I would advise against using the optional essay.

Pick your top three leadership qualities which you want to highlight and decide which incidents you want to pick up. For example, in the third essay I am writing about CSR related work - unrelated to my professional career; but I feel this brings out my leadership qualities the best.

Hello guys,

I am about to start writing my essays for LBS. I don't have too much work-ex. Not even my GMAT score is strong enough, but only I am hoping that my strong current profile can help me atleast an interview call.

My Profile:
Work-ex - 4 yrs by the time I join
Current Company: McKinsey&Company;
International Work-ex: 0 years

Would appreciate your comments on how should I answer question on Internation work-ex.

Cheers,
Chirag

Hello guys,

I am about to start writing my essays for LBS. I don't have too much work-ex. Not even my GMAT score is strong enough, but only I am hoping that my strong current profile can help me atleast an interview call.

My Profile:
Work-ex - 4 yrs by the time I join
Current Company: McKinsey&Company;
International Work-ex: 0 years

Would appreciate your comments on how should I answer question on Internation work-ex.

Cheers,
Chirag

I am no expert with essays, just a fellow applicant.

Write about Indian diversity and how living in India provides you with an experience, no less than diverse than visiting a foreign country.

Why is the thread dead?? Does that mean that very few PGites are applying for LBS in R1?

Hi... Chirag,

The thread is not very much dead... many of us are in the process of reading what others write and ask I guess...

AM planning to apply in LBS too in R2, as of now studying for GMAT, which I shall be giving in Oct 27.