London Business School 2008 Applicaions and Beyond

Hi Folks, I am a London Bschool aspirant… applying for the Sep 2008 intake… My profile: 30/M/Indian/760 (6.0)/9 yrs of work-ex by sep 2008/5.5 yrs international/leadership and management roles for over 5 yrs… /B.Tech from GNDU Amr…

Hi Folks,

I am a London Bschool aspirant... applying for the Sep 2008 intake...

My profile: 30/M/Indian/760 (6.0)/9 yrs of work-ex by sep 2008/5.5 yrs international/leadership and management roles for over 5 yrs... /B.Tech from GNDU Amritsar/Acads - OK
currently in boston, usa.

starting this thread to discuss and share ideas about the application to london biz school.

ATB

have u applied to LBS yet? I am also lookin at LBS for Fall 2008. I am taking my GMAT next month. MS in Chemical (US) with 4 yrs experience (2 yrs as Manager)...

Hi Folks,

I am a London Bschool aspirant... applying for the Sep 2008 intake...

My profile: 30/M/Indian/760 (6.0)/9 yrs of work-ex by sep 2008/5.5 yrs international/leadership and management roles for over 5 yrs... /B.Tech from GNDU Amritsar/Acads - OK
currently in boston, usa.

starting this thread to discuss and share ideas about the application to london biz school.

ATB
desiboy100 Says
have u applied to LBS yet? I am also lookin at LBS for Fall 2008. I am taking my GMAT next month. MS in Chemical (US) with 4 yrs experience (2 yrs as Manager)...

I am applying for the round one... 9 days to go... :)... best of luck with your gmat...

Hi,
I am an ex-army officer with a gmat score of 710. Decent undergrad performance and 10 years of experience.
Does LBS place emphasis on diversity ?

I am no expert on LBS, but I do see a lot of diverse profiles listed on their website and other blogs... so I am sure like any other top school they value diversity...

Also your army experience can play a big role in leadership/teamwork essays... :)

Hi,
I am an ex-army officer with a gmat score of 710. Decent undergrad performance and 10 years of experience.
Does LBS place emphasis on diversity ?

Thanks, I am going to get my application in by end of November...

Good luck with ur application as well..

lovychhabra Says
I am applying for the round one... 9 days to go... :)... best of luck with your gmat...

Hello LBS aspirants,

I will be applying for fall 2008 batch in the 1st stage. I have a question.
Is it an absolute must to get a transcript of university degree. If I get the transcript by post I am not sure if I would ever get it.
It is not possible for me to go to school at the moment and get the transcript.
Do they accept the notorized copy of marksheet and degree?

My profile:

GMAT 710
Academics Good
Workexp: 8 yrs by now in electronics industry

Manoj

Hello LBS aspirants,

I will be applying for fall 2008 batch in the 1st stage. I have a question.
Is it an absolute must to get a transcript of university degree. If I get the transcript by post I am not sure if I would ever get it.
It is not possible for me to go to school at the moment and get the transcript.
Do they accept the notorized copy of marksheet and degree?

My profile:

GMAT 710
Academics Good
Workexp: 8 yrs by now in electronics industry

Manoj

Manoj,

as far as I know London does ask for official transcripts and I did send them my official ones... i had emailed them earlier about attested copies and they had turned it down... you can try and see if they'll agree... they do give you a grace window of a few days past the deadline to be able to get ur supplementary docs to them...

hope this helped!

i wish 2 apply in london 4 mba in finance frm a gud univrsty/collg.
cud ne1 pls recommend me sum gud institutions,wich r evn recognised n do nt ask 4 work xperience?coz i m ryt nw in2 my final yr of b.com.

hoping 2 b helped!!!

Ankita,

This forum is specifically for people applying to London Business School's MBA program... there are some other threads on PG to help with college selection and such topics, but this one isn't the right place... the london business school does have a finance program and here is the link: Masters in Finance: London Business School, Programmes - Masters (MSc) in Finance at London Business School being the top school in UK, i'd suspect that the shool wants a decent number of years of work experience, but you should email them and check.

All the best

i wish 2 apply in london 4 mba in finance frm a gud univrsty/collg.
cud ne1 pls recommend me sum gud institutions,wich r evn recognised n do nt ask 4 work xperience?coz i m ryt nw in2 my final yr of b.com.

hoping 2 b helped!!!

Hi there,

Me too considering applying for the Sep 2008 intake-all the best to the rest of the comrades in this thread! any inputs on the GMAT score that will be considered competitive for Indian Candidiates???

Navin

Hi there,

Me too considering applying for the Sep 2008 intake-all the best to the rest of the comrades in this thread! any inputs on the GMAT score that will be considered competitive for Indian Candidiates???

Navin

Navin,

The current class has a GMAT avg of 682... so i'd say as long as you are around that average score your gmat score is fine... GMAT typically doesn't cause a lot of turbulence in ur app unless one is outside of the GMAT range (600 to 800 in this case)...

ATB

ATB,

Thanks for that response. Any reason that one could think off, as to why the GMAT Average for LBS is less than its peer group in the top tier B-Schools. Infact even SAID at CAMBRIGE has the same averge,

Navin

Navin,

I'd like to think that London is more focussed on holistically evaluating the candidates rather than focusing on increasing the average gmat score...

Whereas SAID (oxford) and Judge (cambridge) still have catching up to do...

my two cent...

ATB,

Thanks for that response. Any reason that one could think off, as to why the GMAT Average for LBS is less than its peer group in the top tier B-Schools. Infact even SAID at CAMBRIGE has the same averge,

Navin

Hi ,

I am also planning to apply to LBS for 2008 but only in the second round.
My profile

GMAT : 750
Work Ex. 6 yrs IIM(Indian IT Male).

I had just one question does anyone of you know or tried to contact any alumni of this college for helpful tips ,if yes could he/she post the wisdom gained over here or even better invite the alumni to join this forum.

Hi ,

I am also planning to apply to LBS for 2008 but only in the second round.
My profile

GMAT : 750
Work Ex. 6 yrs IIM(Indian IT Male).

I had just one question does anyone of you know or tried to contact any alumni of this college for helpful tips ,if yes could he/she post the wisdom gained over here or even better invite the alumni to join this forum.

I was trying to apply for R1, but couldn't chase the deadline. I am going to apply for round 2. I am also an IIM (Indian IT male), gmat 710 , exp - 6.5 yrs, excellent ECA, average acads.
Lovy- Thanks for opening this thread. Hope you remember me on the pgpx i/w 😃

Count me in guys. Just now submitted my application.

IIM 27 | B.Tech REC
GMAT - 750
Experience - 7.5 years. Working as a senior project manager for the past two years.
Acads - Ok
Extra currics - Ok

I was trying to apply for R1, but couldn't chase the deadline. I am going to apply for round 2. I am also an IIM (Indian IT male), gmat 710 , exp - 6.5 yrs, excellent ECA, average acads.
Lovy- Thanks for opening this thread. Hope you remember me on the pgpx i/w :)

yep... i remember you, good to see you on this thread... i would not be surprised if people from PG end up being classmates in mba
lovychhabra Says
yep... i remember you, good to see you on this thread... i would not be surprised if people from PG end up being classmates in mba

Inshallah 😃 I really hope to get admitted to one of the target programs I am applying. Seeing the quality of candidates, I notice that competition is tough, but if I get thru, a high quality of peer group is guaranteed!

ATB!