List of Bogus GMAT Prep Centers

Hi Everyone During my research to prepare for GMAT in Mumbai, I came across many false promising GMAT training centres who have been cheating innocent students Some of it was unbelievable and shocking for me ! Some common ways to cheat …

Hi Everyone

During my research to prepare for GMAT in Mumbai, I came across many false promising GMAT training centres who have been cheating innocent students Some of it was unbelievable and shocking for me !

Some common ways to cheat students are -

1. Guaranteeing fixed scores in IELTS (8.5) even if you do not read English alphabets! HAHHA!

2. Guarantee to score above 750 in GMAT or money back guarantee (which is obviously plain cheating and lie)

3. They take money for one to one courses and put the student in a huge batch etc and many more....

Given below are links to some real students who were trapped and fooled by some of these institutes...So friends Beware!! Also for the benefit of all, please report more institutes, centres which fool students etc!

Also can someone suggest a decent center for GMAT in Western Suburbs Mumbai for preparation!

Just thought it will be a good idea to make everyone aware of the same so that noone else is victimised by these cheaters!Kindly post your experiences as well!!

climb first - Pathetic customer service
climb first - Education
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/index.aspx?page=article&sectid;=2&contentid;=2010062520100625033357102c2b38231
Climb first fake - Grahak Seva
Climb First misleading students - Grahak Seva
Chopra Consultants - UK VISA FRAUD, CHEAT - BEWARE
climb first Consumer Complaints, Reviews and Information

I would be surprised if people don't do their research before signing up.

Here are a few questions I made up just now.

PG Guide to checking for a fake GMAT institute:

Here are a list of questions you can ask him:

i) Is the new IR section along with the AWA a big deal?

Scamster's response: Yes - schools will see that closely. We have a special 12-hour module to prepare you for that.

Honest response: It is not a big deal but you need to be prepared. We will assist you with whatever is needed for that.

ii) How much of grammar do I need to solve SC questions?

Scamster's response: We have a high-school grammar teacher who will spend 1 week improving your grammar skills.

Honest response: Not a biggie - we will teach whatever grammar you need in a few hours. The rest of the game is applying it in the test scenario.

ii) Is GMAT quant easy for an Indian Engineer?

Scamster's response: These days even IITians are not scoring high. It is has become very hard.

Honest response: The trick is to move beyond 47-48 in Quant. Till then it is a child's play for an Indian engineer.

Great insights Arun. This remind me of Ivy GMAT. I saw an ad about it some days back. I went through the blog of the guy and it seems like a monologue about himself. Do you(or anyone else) have any feedback on him . I wonder what the truth is because he has said big things about himself in his blog but i really doubt its authenticity

arung Says
Great insights Arun. This remind me of Ivy GMAT. I saw an ad about it some days back. I went through the blog of the guy and it seems like a monologue about himself. Do you(or anyone else) have any feedback on him . I wonder what the truth is because he has said big things about himself in his blog but i really doubt its authenticity

My problem here is more fundamental. My problem is when someone says that you can score XXX as a guarantee! GMAT is a test of intelligence. Any test prep company can give you only ways to get there.

My views on this topic are pretty clear:
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/gmat-and-related-discussions/60518-gmat-study-group-2011-may-12.html#post2881943
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/gmat-and-related-discussions/30675-gmat-training-centres-in-bangalore-8.html#post2290320
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/gmat-and-related-discussions/30675-gmat-training-centres-in-bangalore-9.html#post2454152

The point is people will still fall for this. Because we like easy solutions in life. We dream that by paying money/joining a course/getting it easy we will be able to succeed. If you talk about aptitude, about why it might not happen etc no one wants to listen to you

Arun