Life@ XLRI Jamshedpur

Learn more about life at the Xavier School of Management -Jamshedpur . This is from the students at XLRI, Jamshedpur. Feel free to ask questions and comment.

I am back folks Just when you thought that I would become a lot less active in terms of posting (spamming I mean ) I am here with a new thread.
Learnings from two days stay @ XLRI

- Jamshedur is a very small town 😐 not much in terms of sightseeing
- You dont need to sightsee when you have so much "greenery" on the campus
- Classes begin at 8:30 in the mornings :(
- You can keep ninja_talli busy by giving him a lappy with games loaded on it
- Everything is way cheaper here whn compared to delhi so more value for money (See I have already learnt a bit of Fin Mgmt )

Rest to be continued soon ;)

krishanu, mbaankit, ninja_talli and others will also post on this thred to give you a sneak peek into life in Jharkhand

-
Bugs

so some other imp. points to remember..........

the hostels(mens) u mite not like it in the first go(1949 set up)..but soon u wil realise old is gold....very well ventilated....:)

lots of sports facilities on the campus....baddy,volley,basket ball,tennis...to name a few...

dnt wear shorts in the library atleast :))

rest as the events unfold....

hmmm... Finally this thread hasd been opened... talli allowing Bugs to do so

Life till nnow in the past 36 hrs have been fine... humid weather to start with but then rain gods came to oyur rescue today...

rooms are fine (when compared with DCE )
rooms should have been much better (when compared to Infy Mysore )

anyways, a lush green campus is good for the eyes... gals?? ummm...have spotted a few of them... waiting to see more of them

every room in the campus (except the mess and hostel rooms ) have ACs operating at sub 15 degrees ...

have tried out the gym already...there is also a cool Baddy court, and a grocery whose owner sits with an Apple Mac book :wow::wow::wow: (Talking of Status!!! )

more to come.... Keep watchin this thread!

Am reserving this post, will update after class :)

Bugs, meri XLRI ki thread ki idea chura li tune :bad-word:

Magar Call of Duty game ke liye maaf kar di ya tuje :-P

Dekhlunga tuje :sneak:

Cheers!

Atlast we have a Life@XLRI thread on PG
Good start guys :thumbsup: . The current crop of XLers shd do justice to this thread 😃 .

Keep the updates coming.

P.S. - Any of u planning to join the Band

Ahem!!!!! my distinguished colleagues have already done a great job in the above posts !!! more updates are gonna come this way in the days to come......but sure would like to add that this place rocks!!!!!!

Atlast we have a Life@XLRI thread on PG
Good start guys :thumbsup: . The current crop of XLers shd do justice to this thread 😃 .

Keep the updates coming.

P.S. - Any of u planning to join the Band

Okkk....
Learnt a imp thing; posts can't be edited in this section ??:

Band?? I wonder if they'll take in bathroom singers Must remember to ask them

Now that Bugs has taken the drive from me by starting the thread, I'll make sure my posts on this thread exceed his :biggrin:

XLRI - Beautiful campus. Decent ratio of gender; naturally the PMIR with a more healthy one!

Except for the TATA areas, the rest of the city is a mess! Reminds me of Gujarat especially the old parts of the gujarati cities :biggrin:

Had a two day "holiday" as classes started only today. Went to the market area then to buy some basic commodities. Here in J'pur, there is no concept of meter in autos; it's all between you and the 'ric owner. So it all depends on ur "negotiating" skills; which in just a short period of 2 days showed how good negotiation skills we had! Most of the time we just went along with what the ric owner demands. Ye IT wale na, paise ki value nahi jante :-P
Had a lot of chat in the city; at rates just around 5 bucks each dish! I love J'pur!!

In pune, I thought the city transportation sucks; what to do with the rickety buses and noisy ric's! Here in J'pur its even worse! There is NO city transportation; maybe there might be one; but haven't seen one in the last two days :eh:

Either way, I never felt more desperate for my Pulsar 😞 My roomie better sends it here by this weekend!

Had a first "serious" class session today; Descriptive Statistics!!! It was all greek to me Everything went overhead! Bah! Who cares! I got a seat next to a cute chick :lookroun:

XL rawwks!

As proposed by ninja ....we hereby announce the formation of the Bathroom singers club..........well as far as public transport goes havent seen any but sure saw some private buses which cld give the fevicol ad truck an inferiority complex......

Heard you guys had a good sports session along with classes today ...

BUGS ninja .. BM lost to PMIR in badminton ???? WTH !!!
120 baache lost to 60 out of which max are girls .. sharam karo :-P .

@ninja - good post ...

som1 - plz post details abt the sports induction 😃

I am back folks Just when you thought that I would become a lot less active in terms of posting (spamming I mean ) I am here with a new thread.
Learnings from two days stay @ XLRI

-
Bugs

Hey Bugs .. Dear Buddy ..My first friend on PG...

Will miss you here bro..:). Esp. in the PG meets...

But Delhi's loss is Jharkhand's gain (which is my original home state..so u better be careful with the comments)

Cheers !!!

Rock XL!!

Regards
Tanveer

Umm.... Sports meet consists of only Football, Volleyball (both for guys) and Throwball (obviously for girls!) among the PMIR, BM-A and BM-B teams (Since BM consists of 120 team, it has been divided into A & B team; your's truly in B)

Volley ball & Throw ball sessions for today; football sessions got over yesterday!

First Match BM-B vs BM-A; the match went into "penalty shootouts"; B team winning easily by a score of 3-0

Second Match BM-A vs PMIR; match again going into PS; PMIR team narrowly winning by a score of 4-3

Third match which turned out to be a trial for the final match two days later; was abandoned at half time; due to unseen "tiring" reasons

So pro bhaiya.... the game was phutbaal; not badminton :-P
And PMIR team did not fully win over the BM team; not yet :-P
Bug's spear still has notclash against Talli's armour!

Good going mere XL ke yaaron.....

@wabbitwa - Alwaz do keep in mind Looney Toons code of conduct. 😁 :D

@Kichanu Bhagwaan karein u become successful in chasing all ur dreams

@Talliwa mah phraandwa ab itna bhi na hona talli ki bhool jayein PG ki galli... Tali balli talli balli talli balli

@mbaankit n all otherssss All The Bestest wishes fromm all of us 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁

First Match BM-B vs BM-A; the match went into "penalty shootouts"; B team winning easily by a score of 3-0

Second Match BM-A vs PMIR; match again going into PS; PMIR team narrowly winning by a score of 4-3

Isnt XL in general too defensive ? ...Or was the defensive play out of deference to the PMIR team? Girls ka dil nahi dukhaana tha kya?.... My advice : Better hone up ur skills soon or else .....

@ninja - the previous post abt Jamshedpur city was cool . Are bikes still allowed in XL? for us the bikes arent allowed :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: ... Prospectus mein bold mein likha hai

Joka jaa ke cycle khareedna padega - chalne ki aadat nahi daalna chaahta mein khud ko

@bugs , krish , ninja and all XLites - Enjoy life and keep posting 😃

sid
Isnt XL in general too defensive ? ...Or was the defensive play out of deference to the PMIR team? Girls ka dil nahi dukhaana tha kya?.... My advice : Better hone up ur skills soon or else .....

@ninja - the previous post abt Jamshedpur city was cool . Are bikes still allowed in XL? for us the bikes arent allowed :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: ... Prospectus mein bold mein likha hai

Joka jaa ke cycle khareedna padega - chalne ki aadat nahi daalna chaahta mein khud ko

@bugs , krish , ninja and all XLites - Enjoy life and keep posting 😃

sid

ya bikes are allowed at the campus :)))))

just for your information ,as the seniors told us that for the last two years XL has retained the trophy at the XL-IIM c meet.....and let me warn u sid that the scene doesnt seem to change this year too...(m sayig this after wat i saw in the sports field yesterday)...
seemed its not a b-school but a s- school(sports).....

thanks all for the wishes....

the sports facilities seems to be ok ok here...but we will be more appretiative once the seniors join us and tell us more about how the things are done..

tc

sid

Sid! In our world, if we like a post we thank it 😉 ;)

Of course bikes are allowed in campus! Why do u think the chicks choose this college over the rest :-P :biggrin:

Don't worry, some day, if time permits I'll try to organise a bike trip from XL to IIMC; then probably you too can drive bikes in ur campus 😉 :-P

Raniwa.... Hum tumka kaisan bhulenge!!! Ye talli to abhi bhi rahega ninja_talli

Btw all this posting is being done in an ongoing class :satisfie:
Also,we have been told very decently that we are gonna be screweeeed n***d from 25th, so enjoy life to the fullest till then 😐 And thats what we are doing. :D

Btw for the record, Call of Duty game finished in 5 hours straight :D
Huge News!!!!

Everyone has to thank me for revealing the biggest Dhamaka news of this year!

BUGS BUNNY has found his Lola at XLRI within 4 days of joinin the insti!!!! :wow::wow::wow:

:biggrin::biggrin: " What Naan Sense i say" :biggrin::biggrin:

P.S: everyone is expectd to thank at this post!
err...except BUGS... :biggrin::biggrin: He is expectd to groan...

More Sensational stuff to follow...
Keep watchin this space! 😉

I request all the PG members to take cognizance of my spotless reputation and ignorethe comments of this publicity seeking, sensation creating, rumour spreading "dumbass" who is zimply trying to besmirch me.

Thanking you for your patience for reading krishanu's naan-sense but i would highly appreciate it if you guys choose to be on the side of what is right and just and groan at krishanu's post to teach him a lesson and yeah it doesnt have to be this post... you can groan at any post of krishanu's that you come across

In the meantimelemme continue with life@XL :D

- Excellent faculty :thumbsup:
- Nice campus with a gym(Although I am yet to visit ) One of these days I just might manage to wake up at 6 am :wow: and go to the gym
- As you all know by now,we won against BM in footbal
- I was part of the unbreachable defence of PMIR
- The concept of weekends does not exist here 😞 Classeson sundays 😞 :(
- This is the first time I am visting the library (posting this from a comp in the library)I wandered into the section where theykeep all the journals andhigh funda books :wow:but I ran out of there in no time I was actually looking for some fiction books
-For now the pace is really relaxed so we have a lotta free time. But the profs keep warning us that its gonna get very very difficult once the actual course begins.:shocked:

Will post more later 😉 and will be more regular once we get net conn in our hostel rooms :biggrin:

-
Bugs

just for your information ,as the seniors told us that for the last two years XL has retained the trophy at the XL-IIM c meet.....and let me warn u sid that the scene doesnt seem to change this year too...(m sayig this after wat i saw in the sports field yesterday)...

tc

Be prepared 4 for serious competition from IIMC team this year bro

@Bugs: 4 days...and ghar ka khana already...
@ninja: CoD in 5 hrs straight!! wow!!

U all seem to be njoying life there.... keep posting:)

tc

Be prepared 4 for some serious competition from IIMC teams this year bro

@Bugs: 4 days...and ghar ka khana already...
@ninja: CoD in 5 hrs straight!! wow!!

U all seem to be njoying life there.... keep posting:)