Life@xime

hi folks had not put across my views about my college tho the college had begun quite some time back( june 23rd to be precise ). just wanted to make sure sure that i had a good idea b4 i cud put across my views :: . we had an induction pā€¦

hi folks
had not put across my views about my college tho the college had begun quite some time back( june 23rd to be precise ). just wanted to make sure sure that i had a good idea b4 i cud put across my views .

we had an induction programme for a week and a few guest lectures from the various ppl like one proffy from IIM-B and a few guys from the industry. there wuz not much formal arranged interaction sessions b/w students including our seniors šŸ˜ž . but the second week turned out to be different. we had a 'parichay' session which wuz more of a game where the seniors had to guess the name of one of the seniors after we threw some clues about the person which wuz unknown to them..it wuz fun and skeletons started to tumble when some very personal info became public but they all took it sportively. we had a cultural fucntion as well welcoming us to the college. it lasted less than what we expected but it wuz a great show by both the batches.

now bout the college, it still is in the process of growth and has a long way to go make it to the top and our diro J Phillip( ex-director IIM-B) is making sure that we put up a good show during these 2 years. faculty too is pretty good with one IIM-A and very co-operative too but a couple of subjects do drive me nuts like indian society and OB. library too has a pretty decent collection of reference books and journals. but i am not too happy bout the the internet speeds in our college as we got to share the bandwidth with some of the offices next to our inst šŸ˜ž . the canteen too isn't too impressive but then itz in the process of improving with vending machines being installed. the college timings go like 8:45 am- 5:00 pm. and the schedule includes factory visits and weekly talks. we need to maintain a min of 90% attendance. placementwise last years batch had 85% placements and a few rejected offers as they found the pay package below their expectations. highest wuz by oracle 5 lakh p.a which has been the highest so far 8-) .

we have mid term exams next month and a few surprsie quizzes and tests every now and then. but one thing that we r lagging is when it comes to case studies . we haven't had much of it expect during the induction program. hope we wud have them more often. the mix of students too is like 45% engineers, 30% commerce students and the rest from other backgrounds and very few ppl with work-ex and that cud be a bother if all the 122 students need to be placed( ours being the second batch with the increased strength and hope our seniors make sure that they r all placed which shud give us confidence) but one things for sure the diro is making sure that he markets the college well. hats off to him. well i think i have covered enuf info bout my college. nothin more for now..will put across whenever somethin interesting comes up šŸ˜ƒ .

cheers :grin:
avinash

Hi,
Can u pls tell me the cutoff percentile for Xime.

hi folks
had not put across my views about my college tho the college had begun quite some time back( june 23rd to be precise ). just wanted to make sure sure that i had a good idea b4 i cud put across my views .

we had an induction programme for a week and a few guest lectures from the various ppl like one proffy from IIM-B and a few guys from the industry. there wuz not much formal arranged interaction sessions b/w students including our seniors šŸ˜ž . but the second week turned out to be different. we had a 'parichay' session which wuz more of a game where the seniors had to guess the name of one of the seniors after we threw some clues about the person which wuz unknown to them..it wuz fun and skeletons started to tumble when some very personal info became public but they all took it sportively. we had a cultural fucntion as well welcoming us to the college. it lasted less than what we expected but it wuz a great show by both the batches.

now bout the college, it still is in the process of growth and has a long way to go make it to the top and our diro J Phillip( ex-director IIM-B) is making sure that we put up a good show during these 2 years. faculty too is pretty good with one IIM-A and very co-operative too but a couple of subjects do drive me nuts like indian society and OB. library too has a pretty decent collection of reference books and journals. but i am not too happy bout the the internet speeds in our college as we got to share the bandwidth with some of the offices next to our inst šŸ˜ž . the canteen too isn't too impressive but then itz in the process of improving with vending machines being installed. the college timings go like 8:45 am- 5:00 pm. and the schedule includes factory visits and weekly talks. we need to maintain a min of 90% attendance. placementwise last years batch had 85% placements and a few rejected offers as they found the pay package below their expectations. highest wuz by oracle 5 lakh p.a which has been the highest so far 8-) .

we have mid term exams next month and a few surprsie quizzes and tests every now and then. but one thing that we r lagging is when it comes to case studies . we haven't had much of it expect during the induction program. hope we wud have them more often. the mix of students too is like 45% engineers, 30% commerce students and the rest from other backgrounds and very few ppl with work-ex and that cud be a bother if all the 122 students need to be placed( ours being the second batch with the increased strength and hope our seniors make sure that they r all placed which shud give us confidence) but one things for sure the diro is making sure that he markets the college well. hats off to him. well i think i have covered enuf info bout my college. nothin more for now..will put across whenever somethin interesting comes up šŸ˜ƒ .

cheers :grin:
avinash

Hi,
Could you please tell me if XIME will be having a GD/PI centre at New Delhi?

Hey Hi...
I Got Admission Into Xime..could U Please Tell Me More About The Institute...i Heard Its Pretty Good...actually Am Keen To Know Of Its Placement Records...and Anybody Who Got Thru Xime???

Hey Hi...
I Got Admission Into Xime..could U Please Tell Me More About The Institute...i Heard Its Pretty Good...actually Am Keen To Know Of Its Placement Records...and Anybody Who Got Thru Xime???

I am on the same lines as you .

Have got into XIME & enquiring

About I am a production engineer from KJSCE, Mumbai
with 2.5 years of experience
Tell me about yourself.

any body from chennai..pls call me at 9841465999 ......

hi...this is mukeshsurana from chennai .i have also got into xime and paid my fees at xime campus on 25th.

Hey Hi...

Hi Guys,
One more chennaite who will be joining XIME this year. Is there anyone else from chennai who will be joining, mail me at [email protected].