Life @ Vanguard Business School, Bangalore

Hi guys, Here it goes Life @ vbs, There were many people who kept asking me where is Life @ VBS thread, why doesnt it exist??? n so on… so here it goes…life @ VBS official thread… :: … Now I invite all the VBS s…

Hi guys,

Here it goes Life @ vbs, There were many people who kept asking me where is Life @ VBS thread, why doesnt it exist??? n so on....... so here it goes...life @ VBS official thread..................

Now I invite all the VBS students to post in their experiences and campus life @VBS
And I warmly also welcome the new junior batch of VBS( 2012-2013)

So here u go guys..start posting ur experiences and also......in case of queries feel free to ask us.........

N yeah.we had rocking summers!!!!
Hey.......................... wow

Its rocking here .................. Full of entertainment and experiences of all time. The most important and busiest 2 years of my life are @ Vanguard

I cannot forget these moments ever.

My Internship Experience

I did my internship in a niche automobile firm, Deccan Coach Builders. The Company deals with bus body fabrication and has an impeccable reputation of making customized vehicles. I was offered the profile of International Business Development which was a challenge in itself. But I was always pretty confident about making a difference.

My typical job responsibilities involved studying the West African and the Middle Eastern market, selection of target countries based on Social, Political, legal, Economic and technological analysis and setting up an indirect distribution chain for Deccan in the targeted countries. Besides this I had to search for potential clients in the targeted countries, send them introductory mails, following up till it comes to the final negotiation stage.

I was also involved with a live project of Ramoji Film City where in I generated a report about all the buses available in the Indian Market. The Project focused on studying all the buses under several parameters such as technical specs, mileage, operating cost, maintenance cost, depreciation, longevity etc.

The 11 weeks stint in Deccan was an incredible learning experience. Being a fresher, this was my first exposure to the corporate world and I found it extremely exciting. I never had a single moment of uneasiness coping up with the people or the culture of the Company. Thanks to my mentor Mr. Arka Bhattacharya who guided me throughout my stint. After this internship I am confident that I would be able to add value to any Organization I join in

future.

Hello All,

Finally, we have a thread where we could share our experiences about the VBS. Thank you Bhanu for creating it.

I have come from a corporate background having 30+ months of experience in I.B.M. and Dell Inc. Yipppeee!!!!!! I am "Back to School" :p.
It gives me an immense pleasure of letting you know about life @ VBS.
Well, this School has given a new direction to my career having the best of the faculties from IIM's, XLRI's, IIT's..etc.. with a corporate background (to add on); which means having the corporate world in hands, the theory is applied . Bottom line, what I have done practically in companies is what I am doing it theoretically. Now, I am able to understand a company in a much better way. Here @ VBS, apart from the pouring of knowledge we have a Student Council and Clubs where in they fulfill the gaps of the emptiness from your life. I am prettey sure, the first batch of us will definitely leave a bench mark.

Watch this space for more!!!!

Regards,
Avinash Ranbaore
Corporate interactions Convenor
+91-7411877006

First day @ VBS

RING RING…not another forward message, I thought as my cell phone vibrated. I checked and realised it was an alarm call. It was 6 am. My God, it was my first day to college. Welcome to MBA, I said. I got up and after hours of mulling on what to wear, I was ready. got out of the hostel had my breakfast and had a ten minute walk to my new home apart from my home…Vanguard business school. I went to my class and the whole atmosphere was friendly. We started discussing about the course and the subjects. After a few minutes, the ARKA sir has entered and said that he is going to give an over view of MBA. As I was from the engineering stream, I knew that this subject had no link to my subjects and I would have to start from the basic level. So I concentrated on each and every word, he said. The two-hour lecture made me realize that it was not just another two- year course; it required much more hard work. Less the time, more the amount of hard work would be needed... this was my first lesson I recalled my first day in under-graduate course and all the fun I had in the last four years. Well now, it would be a different story altogether….this course MBA, I mean. Had a rigorous schedule from morning to evening and then the seniors came to the class to interact with us and explained about the student council and different clubs and they gave us assignments which needed an interaction with seniors with strict deadlines. At first it annoyed me but later i was realised that this was the only way for mingling with seniors freely and to cope up with the stress in doing assignments given by the faculty members which would also help us in time management stuff. At the end of the second day I thought today is better than yesterday and tomorrow will be more glorious than today. Life at vanguard business school is so exciting and geared up me to tackle the problems which is a prime requisite of an efficient manager.

hello guys,

All my life, i have lived by a quote" never work hard,but work smart"
and,the moment i joined VBS i was forced to forget the quote..
i have never had such hard time so far.. and the profs here say,"its just the beginning ".
oh God , what all should i face in life???oh oh oh,just a min, before speakin abt life, what all should i face in VBS???

Life @ Vanguard...well to start with its not even a month since I came to Bangalore and joined Vanguard and I already feel that I have spent a long time here. I certainly did not think that I will sail through the course before coming here but the packed schedule with lots of assignments (and that too with deadly deadlines like 11:59pm or 2:00 am)are really hectic. My friends back home don't even believe me when I say I am damn busy..huh!!

lol ..!! Enough with the cribbing part. (But can't help it as its part of human nature, we just love cribbing. No offence to non-humans )
On a serious note, in these four weeks(approximately) I gave two powerpoint presentations, one individually and one in a group. The experience was really good and the comments really helpful. And now hanging on my head are two more, which hopefully will be better than the last two.
Clubs are the inseparable parts of any b-school and so when it came to enrollment in clubs, I decided I would go for two among; Vyasa(literary and cultural club), Streetsmart(marketing club) and Magnate(entrepreneurship club). But after some motivation and encouragement went ahead and joined all three. Well to quote my motivator(respected member of faculty) "What would you do in these two years?". I am sure he meant a few idle minutes are waste of time. And I agree because last year I was only preparing for mba entrances and God knows I had a lot of free time which went waste. So, TBH(to be honest) I am loving it here, I am loving being busy.
Last but not the least I have found some amazing(read as weirdos) friends here and so life's good...

Very true life has changed to its extent here... We do crib but enjoy also because of the simple reason that we are not alone doing this there are 50 to 60 doing the same.. Far from our hometown. Loving this life @vbs..but cant say whats next lets wait and watch...

WE ARE NOT ALONE

@[598718:ManaliSb02] Nice post !!

Hello Guys,

I would like to share my experience in B-58, which is a restaurant cum bar in Kormangala but now they changed their name as CURRY NATION. After the busy schedule of VBS finally we had a party and the full credit goes to Swayam and Avinash Ranbaore who gave their effort to make this party successful and memorable. On 17th Dec 2011 we attended the classes in the morning and post lunch we had a finance quiz in campus which was organized by Fintelligent club, after the whole day in VBS everybody moves to the hostel to get ready for the party.

Each and every student was there in B-58 restaurant cum Bar at 7.30 pm and as soon as we enter into the party we saw there is an arrangement of DJ along with the dance floor in one side of corner. I can say that it was a better place than the last time we had a fresher party. After some time faculty member of our college enter into the party along with our Director Arks Srinivas with his wife Madhuri mam, she is also our faculty in the first trimester that used to teach us QM.

All students were eager to dance after listening the rocking song and it started when faculty enter into the party then and one thing that the student of VBS is very much passionate and crazy about dance when it comes to party, we almost dance about 1 hours continuously with the faculty member.

We moved at 10 pm to the ground floor to have our dinner because there is the time limit to finish our party within 11 pm. Delicious food was waiting for us because we fed up eating same thing in our hostel, every person can eat their favorite food over there because there is a wide range of food available there from biryani to fried rice, chicken to mutton.

So after the dinner all faculties moved to reach their home at 10.30 pm and we still had half an hour left so again we moved to the dance floor to digest our food or utilize remaining half an hour.

So overall it €™s a very memorable and rocking party which we had before our one of the trimester exam to refresh ourselves and once again thanks to Avinash Ranbaore and swayam to make this party successful.

I cannot forget this moment and many more which I am enjoying in VBS

Internship Experience

First thing I would like to introduce myself, Kasif Iqbal a student of Vanguard Business School (PGPB01). I got internship in Tata Sky Ltd. for the duration of 2 months as marketing research project (Marketing research on consumer awareness about digitization and preference of DTH/cable) as well as direct sales from 15th April to 15th June 2012 in Delhi.

I was very much excited to start my corporate life in Tata Sky during my summer internship period, like how people work in the organization as a group or individual. This was the time whatever I have learnt the theory part in VBS, is to applied in practical life.

The 1st day I joined Tata Sky Ltd. as a summer internee, 1st thing I noticed that the environment of office is much different in compare to our classroom, everyone was busy with their work. I sat whole day in the office but unable to meet with the reporting manager as he was busy in sales meeting.

2nd day I met with the reporting manager and the regional head, where they explain what to do during the internship. 1st month I enjoyed too much in the office but after a month they send me in the field to collect 200 sample data from the market after preparing questionnaire. The last month was too hectic for me in the field but I learnt many things like different kinds of consumer behavior, some of the people behave very rudely when I went to their home and some of the people behaved very good. The big constraint was the weather of Delhi, it was too hot there to work, and especially the marketing job is too tough to do. Personally I want to salute those people who is doing marketing and sales job. Marketing & sales people should have patience and be ready to hear abuse words from the manager when things turned wrong.

1st objective of this research is to understand the preference of DTH/Cable. What are the things they are looking when they are buying DTH set-top box or cable connection?

2nd objective of this research is to find out whether people know anything about the digitization act in India or not. As per the rule has been passed by the government of India, the cable connection should be discontinue till 30th June 2012 in metro cities (now the date has extended) and it will be applicable in entire India till 2014.

So through this research we will come to know about the future plan of cable TV viewers.

3rd objective of this research is to sale Tata sky set-top box during the period of survey, if people are showing interest towards to buy Tata sky DTH.

One thing really help me during the internship what I learnt in 3rd trimester is Marketing Research subject. I implemented different tests like correlation analysis, simple frequency test at the time of making report.

Overall it was a good experience in Tata Sky as an internee it will definitely help me in the future.

@[597642:Kasif786] *B52

Hello All,

I am a 2nd year student of VBS. I would like to share my summer internship experience to you all.

It was a great experience for me by working in Exide Industries, Hosur. I learnt a lot there especially how to work in a big organization. I was doing a research project that was given my manager Mr. B.S.Sheshadri. My project research was “THE APPLICABILITY OF TIERED VENDOR BASE IN BATTERY INDUSTRY ESPECIALLY EXIDE INDUSTRY”. It was all about separating the existing vendor into different tier system.

The best part of my internship was to interact with all the senior people in the organization and this gave us ideas and views which in turn, helped me to give our recommendations for the project. Another important learning for me in particular, was business communication at work place. Overall, it was a brilliant kick start for me as I managed to engage myself in short conversations with a lot of other employees of organization. This corporate experience was the first and probably the best, where I learnt a lot of small things which would help me not only now but for the rest of my life.

I am thanking my college (Vanguard Business School, Bangalore) and the Exide industries for this internship which has given exposure of the corporates and experience.

Internship Experience

Dear Friends,

My name is Shamsheer Haider a student of Vanguard Business School (PGPB01) and I am Finance Club Secretary of my college. I got internship in Tata Sky Ltd. for the duration of 2 months as marketing research project (Marketing research on consumer awareness about digitization and preference of DTH/cable) as well as direct sales from 15th April to 15th June 2012 in Delhi.

I was very much excited to start my corporate life in Tata Sky during my summer internship period, like how people work in the organization as a group or individual. This was the time whatever I have learnt the theory part in VBS, is to applied in practical life.

The 1st day I joined Tata Sky Ltd. as a summer intern, 1st thing I noticed that the environment of office is much different in comparison to our classroom, everyone was busy with their work. I sat whole day in the office but unable to meet with the reporting manager as he was busy in sales meeting.

2nd day I met with the reporting manager and the regional head, where they explained what to do during the internship. 1st month I enjoyed too much in the office but after a month they send me in the field to collect 200 sample data from the market after preparing questionnaire. The last month was too hectic for me in the field but I learnt many things like different kinds of behavior of the consumer, some of the people behaved very rudely when I went to their home and some of the people behaved very good. The big constraint was the weather of Delhi, it was too hot there to work, and especially the marketing job is too tough to do. Personally I want to salute those people who is doing marketing and sales job. Marketing & sales people should have patience and be ready to hear abuse words from the manager when things turned wrong.

1st objective of this research is to understand the preference of DTH/Cable. What are the things they are looking when they are buying DTH set-top box or cable connection?

2nd objective of this research is to find out whether people know anything about the digitization act in India or not. As per the rule has been passed by the government of India, the cable connection should be discontinue till 30th June 2012 in metro cities (now the date has extended) and it will be applicable in entire India till 2014.

So through this research we will able to understand about the future plan of cable TV viewers.

3rd objective of this research is to sale Tata sky set-top box during the period of survey, if people are showing interest towards to buy Tata sky DTH.

And I was successful to make around 40 plus sales and collect 210 sample sizes and completed my summer internship. Overall it was a good experience in Tata Sky as an internee it will definitely help me in the future.

The only bad and the goooooood thing about life is that...................................................................................it goes on.

Sky is the limit.................................

vanguard business school ??? what is it ranking BTW i heard the name 1st time lol

My life…..my experience….of summer internship.

This is Syed Basharat Akhtar and for me internship at Lifestyle International Pvt Ltd was like more of a job then the internship as I am passionate to work and to me it seemed like a lovely and the most experiencing days of my life.

As I have some experience in the field of marketing in Aircel it was totally the field work so now I can say that I have both the experience which are tasting the heat of the market in Aircel and sitting in an air conditioned room of lifestyle believe me it was exactly the opposite to each other but I gave my 1005 in both the work as I was thinking to grab as much information as I can which would be helpful for me in the future. And I also had some experience in BPO Which helped me a lot.

My work in lifestyle was very interesting as they have started the “Loyalty Program” which is nothing but the instrument to retain the customer and this work in as they had “the inner circle” card facility which was given to the customer on the purchase as it is retail store where people buy all types of stuff and for that they get points and that particular points were added in the card so that they could get some benefit and they could easily become the loyal customer.

I was on the other side of the road that means I was dealing with the customer support service where people call and know about the status of their card. In the beginning I was dealing just with the inbound which means attending the incoming calls then seeing my wonderful performance they told me to take over outbound process which means calling to the customer and checking the satisfaction level and gradually they put on the email process also so now I was suppose to handle three process in one department which was quite interesting and I was enjoying my work as I was improving my English while talking to girls as most of the girls only use to call. As they shop more they tend to call more and I use to greet them so well that they started asking for me with other executives that I want to talk to only “Syed” and this was a proud movement for me and I don't really bothered what the other people were thinking as I was doing my work perfectly.

My reporting manager was shocked when I took more than 150 calls in just 2 hours and thought that I am too good and fast in talking over the phone that the person on the other side was always satisfied and more I also had the knowledge of excel which even the manager did not afford to know so much and for that all the thanks goes to vanguard.

I was enjoying my life there as the job was matching with my personality as in I love to talk to people on the field as well as over the phone so for me it was not the big deal.

In the end I would like to share the funda of my life……………………………………………………..............................................................................................................................................”I Love what I do and I do what I love”

Syed Basharat Akhtar
@karanthepagal said: vanguard business school ??? what is it ranking BTW i heard the name 1st time lol
We are too new to have a ranking

o.o oops okay 😃