Life @ SPM

For all the present students and the alumni of School of Petroleum Management, known previously as Institute of Petroleum Management, a forum to discuss, share and remember the moments of joy, sorrow, and most importantly, the LAST TWO YEARS OF CO…

For all the present students and the alumni of School of Petroleum Management, known previously as Institute of Petroleum Management, a forum to discuss, share and remember the moments of joy, sorrow, and most importantly, the LAST TWO YEARS OF COLLEGE LIFE. Let this be our remembrance thread, a proof of the wonderful time spent at one of the best B-Schools of India:cheers:

Life indeed is, if to be described in one word,, is SCENIC.

To all the CAT-2010 aspirants, I, on behalf of the whole School of Petroleum Management, invite you to a VISIT TO SPM.

Come, and feel the aura @ SPM. An informative tour guided by one of the current students, and a small sneak peak of the particular sector we are into.

But please do register yourself, or rather inform me beforehand so that we can schedule it for you.(PM me)

.... this is the precise SMILEY appropriately depicting me @ SPM

It all started with APPREHENSION, apprehension abt the college, da placements, da infra, da life i wud be spending here (2 years of lifetime) etc etc... but now dat da 2nd trimester is coming to an end - all da APPREHENSION has been converted to FAITH, BELIEF and most importantly, CONFIDENCE.

SPM has been a totally different world for me till date and m truely proud to be an SPMite.. da seniors, da batchmates, da faculty have all been more than helpful and we @ SPM bond together as a family:cheers:

This has been my experience @ SPM so far... and i truely cherish each and every moment @ SPM:clap:

Neil... any update on recent Bike trip adding a cherry in life @ SPM 😃

nihit Says
Neil... any update on recent Bike trip adding a cherry in life @ SPM :)

Nope. Not so far. But it indeed is a part of Life @ SPM.
Uploading it in some time:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
The Great Indian Bike Ride Part-1

Day Zero:

5:30 pm

It was a Friday evening. I was supposedly working along with the other members of CultComm, on the Jal-Tarang Grande Finale which was to start two hours from then at 7:30 pm. Just when I parked my bike at Infocity, someone called me from behind. I'd come to Infocity to buy some chocolates for the Event, and there I saw a beaming Nihit Jain coming towards me. He told me that he's going to Sasan Gir(Gir Forest) to spend the weekend there ON HIS BIKE!!! And he wants me to pack my bag and join him as well. Now that was a not-thought-of-straight-hitting-the-gut offer. I was stunned! I promised him that I'd surely reply him back tomorrow, as I was busy tonight. On that he coolly says, "But we are leaving tomorrow at 5 am." I said I'll try and will surely get back to you. Saying that I left for college.

10:20 pm

I was done with the Jal-Tarang. It was a Great HIT! I hadn't slept for the last past 2 nights as I was busy finishing assignments and doing college related stuff. The weight of the night outs were taking their toll on me and I had started dreaming of my cozy warm bed. But, sleep... sleep was the only thing which wouldn't come to me. Not yet.

I was packing my bags, just when Jatin(aka Big J aka Peter aka Jattu aka Yo Mama)and Chill(aka Dad aka Maj Nark aka Varun Prabhakar) came to my room and confirmed that they will not be joining us in the Great Indian Bike Ride due to some prior commitments. What happened to them?? How did they get involved in the trip, is another story, and I'll write about it sometime later. Lets not deviate from this conundrum as of now.
So here I was, waiting haplessly listening to the two people I relied to in college, that I'd be going all alone(apart from Nihit off course) in this trip, with a packed bag full of shriveled clothes and woolens.

11:30 pm

I called up Nihit and confirmed him, the unavailability of Jattu and Chill for tomorrow and I suggested to call off the trip for some other time. Lo and behold, on this Nihit said that he'd go alone if he had to, but will not unpack his bag which has already been packed!!!

I thought what the hell, even I've packed my bags. Lets give this trip a try as I too am already prepared mentally for it.
This got me back in the race and I told him to wait as I was coming over to his house in a while, and we'd leave early in the morning from there itself.

Day 1:

1:30 am

I remembered that Rahul Singh, one of my classmates was a bike freak and a wannabe Roadie. I called him up and asked him about the trip inquiring if he'd join us. I lied to him that the trip was of just 250 km and we'd be back by Sunday morning. I knew he'd agree to it and he did as well(evil grin)!!! I gave him the instructions to reach Nihit's house asap and then once again started planning the whole thing.

2:30 am

Rahul had reached our den and we too were done with the planning and packing for the trip. So, off we went to take a power nap only to wake up and get ready by 5:00 am.

2:30 am to 5:00 am

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

5:00 am

Trrrrringggggggg!!!!
The alarm rings and we all wake up groggily to start our journey.

We geared up and by the time it was 5:45 am, we had hit the roads.

TO BE CONTINUED...

I hope you puys will like this part of the trip.
Due to lack of free time, I decided to make this a serial.
Please bear with me.:oops:

A small review on bike trip from my side.. its here... !~ ~w~ ~!: Unplanned Trip

This is to inform;

[email protected], Gandhinagar, Gujarat has a 15-months Executive-MBA (Oil n Gas) full-time residential course parallel to its flagship regular MBA (Oil n Gas) for executives who have 5+years of work-exp.

Those interested to enroll may please contact our admission cell through: School of Petroleum Management

Admissions in progress and batches to commence in June-July-2011.

Please inform your peers.

- Abhik Tushar Das.
(Exec-MBA-10 / [email protected])

This is to inform;

[email protected], Gandhinagar, Gujarat has a 15-months Executive-MBA (Oil n Gas) full-time residential course parallel to its flagship regular MBA (Oil n Gas) for executives who have 5+years of work-exp.

Those interested to enroll may please contact our admission cell through: School of Petroleum Management

Admissions in progress and batches to commence in June-July-2011.

Please inform your peers.

- Abhik Tushar Das.

Abhik it would be great if you can share something about Life at SPM in this thread and not post the ad as above....
nihit Says
Abhik it would be great if you can share something about Life at SPM in this thread and not post the ad as above....

Hey Buddy;

Life @ SPM for Exec-MBA's is very hectic, U can imagine the 2year course compressed into 1year, feels like CNG inside a cylinder. 12hours of class almost everyday and confined to books in Hostel on weekends.

Well being the first batch, we have to set benchmark performances, hence the added pressure.

Regarding the ad post, well just an awareness campaign to let the student community know that this course exists. Hope nothing wrong in that.

- Abhik Tushar Das.

How to Reach SPM

Hi seniors,

Very few posts on this thread. Not any seniors like to share their experience about the life here in SPM, seems neel is the only one to keep all the SPM threads alive. We would like to hear more from you guys, about the festivals, about the daily struggle with acads, all the stuff that makes SPM an exciting place to live in.

Hi seniors,

Very few posts on this thread. Not any seniors like to share their experience about the life here in SPM, seems neel is the only one to keep all the SPM threads alive. We would like to hear more from you guys, about the festivals, about the daily struggle with acads, all the stuff that makes SPM an exciting place to live in.

Hi;

Seems ur seniors r busy with their exam preparations; I m from EMBA, so not allowed to comment on ur posts. Hard luck mate.

- Abhik Tushar Das.
(Exe-MBA-10 / [email protected])
:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Life @SPM SUCKS . this college is run by the bureaucrates and they dont have any sympathy for teh students , Director of SPM do not have any power to do anything , I am the students of SPM currently in the 4Th trimester. Sorry, these two years are the worst two years of my life.
In this college only goons and buraeucartes are happy becuse by doing their illogiacl actuvutes they earn very large amounts .
Whenever u think of getting admission in PDU donot get mesmerised by the infrastructure , beacuse beyond that its adminstration is pathetic.This university donot deserve to be treated as an educational institute.
Life @SPM SUCKS . this college is run by the bureaucrates and they dont have any sympathy for teh students , Director of SPM do not have any power to do anything , I am the students of SPM currently in the 4Th trimester. Sorry, these two years are the worst two years of my life.
In this college only goons and buraeucartes are happy becuse by doing their illogiacl actuvutes they earn very large amounts .
Whenever u think of getting admission in PDU donot get mesmerised by the infrastructure , beacuse beyond that its adminstration is pathetic.This university donot deserve to be treated as an educational institute.

please support your claims with relevant evidences.
otherwise be prepared to be driven away from this forum.

School of Petroleum Management have always been blessed to prosper under the guidance of patrons and intellectuals. The induction of 8th batch was also witnessed Industry stalwarts, scholars and respected faculties. We welcome you, our 8th batch of Managers in the making with respected Mr. K. Venkataramanan, (CEO, Larsen and Toubro Limited) and Dr. Bandi Ram Prasad (President, FTKMC)! We feel honoured and privileged to have them with us.

Join us in knowledge sharing and expert session on "New Lens Scenarios: A Shift in perspective for a world in Transition" by distinguished Dr. Suman Bery (Chief Economist, Royal Dutch Shell Group) at School of Petroleum Management (PDPU Gandhinagar) on Wednesday the 10th of July 2013.Stay tuned for more updates.

Day starting with lawn tennis' couple of sets ... than ponderous lecture till evening ..followed by volleyball or basketball ... Roaming around in campus after dinner .. case discussion in groups which last till wee hours n table tennis before sleeping ....on top of that submission ..whatsapp...intellectual bakar .... "parties" .. go hand in hand..less time to sleep but ' I am loving it' .. and we call this 'Life at B-school' . SPM, PDPU