Life@Pumba

Hello Friends, This thread is exclusively for all Pumba Students to share their day to day experiences of PUMBA…lets try and describe LIFE @ PUMBA…

Hello Friends,
This thread is exclusively for all Pumba Students to share their day to day experiences of PUMBA..........lets try and describe LIFE @ PUMBA......

Here goes my experience.....

Its 20 days...since we joined.....initial tests were wearing formals and sarees (for girls)...in the horrible rain and beautiful roads of Pune (blive me u can b a gud rugby player)....hardly did v take breath...the tests have started....all the cells have started to function at full blow....placement cells r busy with the Brochure Distribuition....Alumni Cell r busy with the Chapter Meets....Cultural and Seminar Cell r busy with the Summers...man life is running at full pace.................

Meanwhile...there was a beautiful motivational workshop by vinayendra jain which has pepped up all the juniors....

...............meanwhile there is much more to add.....but my cell-coordinator is sitting on my head and asking me the computer..

Hail Pumba............

hi there ,

lifes taking a toll on me too :satisfie:

i guess its high time that we've gotta talk bout the Library timings

pathetic staff ........super pathetic timings

the librarian is a complete nerd i tell U. were into a B school of REPUTE no doubts bout it

but then it is not that the librarian is telling NO to us She is telling No to the great Authors

that reside in the library ... isnt it!!!

Wow, as Jonathan has put it in a nutshell, lufe at PUMBA is running at full swing and that itself is the main reason why most of us pagals are off pagalguy right now. Just wait for some more time and we will be pouring in with all the details of life@ PUMBA. Very soon we will give you the first hand report of PUMBA-> Reality Check!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone,
Saturday 2nd September
We had a greaaaaaaaaaat talk by Mr. Nagendra Prasad on "Opportunities in Marketing Research". The passion for this alumnus of 1999 was really outstanding......(and this guy happens to be the first co-ordinator of the Alumni Cell!!!!! just highlights the importance of Alumni).

However, there were certain behavior going on which were not acceptable and was not giving a good picture of the PUMBA Culture. For instance...there were hardly 20% of the marketing students from the second year and the rest were First Year students.......then there were people coming with their own timings and people having the mobile phone ringing!!!!

I am sorry to say but this is not professional.....

As Mr. Nagendra Prasad would say.......

"Assume you are a professional in every activity you do.....be it a cell or college that is your corporate world"...........

One more week gone....
and i have taken a small break....and come home!!!!! would be out for 3 days from pumba......wud b really missing all the hectic activities!!!!!

Hi Everyone,
Saturday 2nd September
We had a greaaaaaaaaaat talk by Mr. Nagendra Prasad on "Opportunities in Marketing Research". The passion for this alumnus of 1999 was really outstanding......(and this guy happens to be the first co-ordinator of the Alumni Cell!!!!! just highlights the importance of Alumni).

However, there were certain behavior going on which were not acceptable and was not giving a good picture of the PUMBA Culture. For instance...there were hardly 20% of the marketing students from the second year and the rest were First Year students.......then there were people coming with their own timings and people having the mobile phone ringing!!!!

I am sorry to say but this is not professional.....

As Mr. Nagendra Prasad would say.......

"Assume you are a professional in every activity you do.....be it a cell or college that is your corporate world"...........

One more week gone....
and i have taken a small break....and come home!!!!! would be out for 3 days from pumba......wud b really missing all the hectic activities!!!!!

Hello Everyone,
I am really sorry i missed certain facts..........

The story was an incomplete one....

Initially the turnout was only 20%.......but slowly and steadily the crowd was building up.... and this was an exercise done to demonstrate a point of how market research plays an important role......in the ever increasing complexities of a growing market.....thats why people were allowed inside in batches....and within 15 minutes the whole auditorium was filled and the speaker demonstrated how marketing research can capture this complexities......

And i thought it was irresponsible on the part of the students whereas this was a preplanned exercise......and certainly everyone was us enjoyed the talk by Mr. Nagendra Prasad (who happens to be the Asst. Manager -Marketing Research HDFC).........

Once again my sincere apologies was typing out an incomplete story......and sending the wrong message...
Hello Everyone,
I am really sorry i missed certain facts..........

The story was an incomplete one....

Initially the turnout was only 20%.......but slowly and steadily the crowd was building up.... and this was an exercise done to demonstrate a point of how market research plays an important role......in the ever increasing complexities of a growing market.....thats why people were allowed inside in batches....and within 15 minutes the whole auditorium was filled and the speaker demonstrated how marketing research can capture this complexities......

And i thought it was irresponsible on the part of the students whereas this was a preplanned exercise......and certainly everyone was us enjoyed the talk by Mr. Nagendra Prasad (who happens to be the Asst. Manager -Marketing Research HDFC).........

Once again my sincere apologies was typing out an incomplete story......and sending the wrong message...

Hi Vpowerb,

Ha ha...well u will be surprised to know, but this is an "old NKP Trick" (NKP- Nagendra Kumar Prasad". In fact whn I was in 1st year...a newbie like u guys...I was taken aback to find just 25 students sitting in that massive PUMBA auditorium. For a second I felt "OMG...how pathetic...such an amazing speaker and none to take his learnings...in fact how embarassing". And then lo behold!!....the guy says "Now I will show u how to tackle change" and then one by one whn groups were allowed to enter...he demontrated how Changing scenarios should not affect the way u present different aspects of business by depicting different case scenarios.

I must say...he is one of the best in the field of Change Management.

Regards,

It Took a Little Pagalpan and a Brand was Born
PUMBA..India's finest Autonomous University B-School
Hello Friends,
This thread is exclusively for all Pumba Students to share their day to day experiences of PUMBA..........lets try and describe LIFE @ PUMBA......

Hi PUMBAItes and Pagalguys,

PUMBA has revamped its website BIG TIME and finally our institute (after 35 long years ) can boast of a Class Picture on the webworld. The best page on the website is that of PUMBAs alumni...this time showcasing our international prowess..

Check the relevant links-
About PUMBA- http://dms.unipune.ernet.in/About_Us.htm
PUMBAs alumni prowess- http://dms.unipune.ernet.in/Programs.htm
PUMBA Placements- http://dms.unipune.ernet.in/Placements.htm

I think all this info could help a lot of Pagalguys and will serve as an eyeopener for many.

Regards,

PUMBA..India's finest Autonomous University B-School

All credit for that goes to the system cell and 1 particular individual.
Pradeep bhai, ekdum jhakas banayela hai website 😃

All credit for that goes to the system cell and 1 particular individual.
Pradeep bhai, ekdum jhakas banayela hai website :)

Couldnt agree more with you franky. Three cheers for the System cell and Pradeep in particular. This, I feel is the first step from our batch for a new and better PUMBA!!!!

Let the Transformations rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello Friends,

Dear all,
Its a matter of great pride to one and all from PUMBA. PUMBAs team of Piyush Rastogi and Sameer Singhvi have made all of us proud by being one amongst the TOP 23 teams shortlisted out of a whopping 600 entries across India for the ET Wharton Biz Plan Competition

Check this link http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/etwharton/1866282.cms

At the recently concluded Delhi Chapter meet, Director Dr (Capt) Chitale rightly said "PUMBA means Business...we are PUMBA, one of the most prestigious institutes in India"...
Great work guys. Keep it up and ALL THE BEST for the Finals!!

Wow i didnt checked this thread before, i have lot to say about Life @ Pumba, I also see my name around, i am glad that i was able to do something for PUMBA and its a pleasure to do something for the insitutue where you learn, this you cannot get anywhere else, i had full freedom to work on site and whatever i visualized about PUMBA in these month i have put it all in website, obviously content have came for our past site and current placement dossier....

More things to come from my side and ofcourse system cell is that

"We are currently developing a Software Application which will run on our Intranet Server, it will be a communication medium between Students and Faculties, it will also contain centralised database which will help all cell members to extract required data as and when needed, it will also contain forums, students can post and share their articles, presentations, etc."

Opps... i have SQM test tomorrow and i have to also go for dinner now, i will have a quick dinner and will write about my experience and Life @ PUMBA.... in short its definately positive ..... go to be @ PUMBA

- prad

typo...

my last line was "Good to be @ Pumba" :)

- prad

OK i am back from dinner, lets talk about Life @ PUMBA

Some of the best features of PUMBA i like

1. Continuous Evaluation: (every other day there is test and it forces you to go home and study thereby you dont have to study much during final exams.... also due to this you understand very well what professors are teaching)

2. Syndicate Activities (GDs, Presentations, Case Studies, Street Play): it happens almost after every 3 days, this grills the person in and out and bring out the hidden personality in them and hence improves commnication skills and general awareness... it forces you to think on variety of topics and improves you analytical skills to solve problems/situations in real life.

3. Cell Activities: this gives you sense of responsibility and hands on experience as how to work in team and for a common cause.

i have seen these 3 things so far and i am very happy about it, i am egarly waiting for "Interdisciplinary Courses", "Foreign Language" and "Three Field Projects".

Being University Department, Campus is cool, surroundings is pleasent, Internet Accessibility is fine.

We have mini Canteen but than we also have NCSS, ANIKET and other canteens to explore...

This year crowd rocks, many of them are highly experienced and talented freshers...

Some Faculties are good, experienced and Eco Mam is mindblowing, she has vast experience is economics and she relates economics with sqm and other subjects easily, i think there are many students who dont like to miss her lecture...

There is ethic and discipline all around campus... sometimes good, sometimes too much :)

Over all i am happy that i got PUMBA as its really meeting my expectations so far and would like to be equally contributing for the rest of the 2 years...

well i need to go now i have sqm test tomorrow, guys wish me luck, may be its too late ;)

Regards
Prad

Alrite, lets rejounivate this long dead thread...and talk about Life@PUMBA
As of now , PUMBA class 2009 students are busy in their summer internships across various companies.
The admission season for class 2010 has begun in full swing and queries of enthusiastic aspirants has started to pour in ..
We at MEDIA CELL @ PUMBA welcome all the lucky fellas who get in to PUMBA....

project guide calling..
(to be continued)

Alrite, lets rejounivate this long dead thread...and talk about Life@PUMBA
As of now , PUMBA class 2009 students are busy in their summer internships across various companies.
The admission season for class 2010 has begun in full swing and queries of enthusiastic aspirants has started to pour in ..
We at MEDIA CELL @ PUMBA welcome all the lucky fellas who get in to PUMBA....

project guide calling..
(to be continued)

High time we PUMBAITES started contributing to this thread. There is no active thread on PG from PUMBA giving a glimpse of Life@PUMBA. 180+ students, no bloody posts giving a snapshot of Life in this beautiful campus!

So, to give a brief snapshot of what's been happening in PUMBA

Aug 4-6th Itwas the Induction program with speakers from companies such as Go-Air, Tata Motors, Bharat Forge and our Alumni. Some seniors from the Seminar Cell could elaborate on who all were there.

Week beginning Aug 12th: This is the week when the college formally started due to CAP round 4 admissions all of which take place in PUMBA. This week almost finished of selection of candidates for 2 cells ( Placement and Media). Lectures were going on at a slow pace in this week and with the Independence day and Rakhi fever, things were sluggish.

Week beginning Aug 18th:
This week started off the lectures in full swing, with almost all the selections for the Cells ending.

Aug 24th - This was the Shramdaan 2008 day. All students from PUMBA had to clean up one part of the college in groups. This included the MBA BT batch too. This was a fun day. While it was officially a day to attach and bond with the college, the Shramdaan is more of an ice-breaker between MBA-General students and those from MBA-BT batch. It was a fun day where we General and BT guys tried to cut each other through the game of Antakshari. Another set of general batch guys had our very own game of Dumb-Cherades and finally, the Shramdaan concluded with the Tug-of-War

Since Aug 25th or so, then Syndicate activities have been announced for the college, which include GDs, Case Studies and Individual presentations.

The Seven Pillars of PUMBA - The Cells have been continously working. Esp the placement cell, which leaves for Brochure distributions on the 15th of this month, and has been slogging hard. I am not a member of any cell so I can't comment. Someone from the multitude of Cells could explain more on life in the Cells

I wish I could go on but more on Life@PUMBA in a few days.

Thanks and Regards,
Rahul Mulchandani,
MBA++ General 1st Year,
Section C, Roll Number 8343.

Well what to say...........
I don't know,but I will try my level best to describe a few things.....;)

When I entered PUMBA first time,I see was a look which was totally opposite of my dream of a B-School, it had an environment which let me thought that I am in a curfew.

BUT

when our classes started I looked at the students and they gave me the weirdest looks that they could ever give to me,I waited and then got to know some of them closely (no girls till yet:huh:) but I have lot of patience inside me.........Interactions had started between us and small groups were formed and then came the day of SHRAMDAAN which united us with even the Biotech people and we worked like anything to clean our prestigious college......(uptill now I changed the image of PUMBA in my mind).

It was the day we mixed up really and It worked as the ICE BREAKER and did lot of things whenever we got recess time and played antakshari:w00t: which was a good show..............

Then came the freshers and we were dancing,dancing,dancing & dancing and :chillpill: chilling out with the GIRLS (due respect to them) & boys too.

Meanwhile our lectures were a routine with the CELL interviews going on in full pace and it was like attending the school again...........Law was hell,Lost in Economics and Sarees(Bhide Ma'am,well she teaches very nice),Kolte Sir with his presentations and all..........after all it was a fine experience...........

After the rigorous selection process some of the unfortunates were selected and then All cells started working in full swing with the new recruits-

Placement Cell with Pamphlet(Brochure) Dristibution
Alumni Cell with Chapter Treats(Meets)
Media Cell with Fuseletter(Newsletter)
Seminar Cell with Disorganising(organising) Seminars
Systems Cell with hanging(perfect) systems...........and many more

and now the SYNDICATE activities have started.............for our personality and what not development.Lets see how they improve us.....Devil bless us

And NOW comes the real part TEST dates are out.Let's see kisme kitna hai dum

Chalo yaar ab bahut ho gaya................Apologies agar kuch bhool gaya hoon.

Well what to say...........
I don't know,but I will try my level best to describe a few things.....;)

When I entered PUMBA first time,I see was a look which was totally opposite of my dream of a B-School, it had an environment which let me thought that I am in a curfew.

BUT

when our classes started I looked at the students and they gave me the weirdest looks that they could ever give to me,I waited and then got to know some of them closely (no girls till yet:huh:) but I have lot of patience inside me.........Interactions had started between us and small groups were formed and then came the day of SHRAMDAAN which united us with even the Biotech people and we worked like anything to clean our prestigious college......(uptill now I changed the image of PUMBA in my mind).

It was the day we mixed up really and It worked as the ICE BREAKER and did lot of things whenever we got recess time and played antakshari:w00t: which was a good show..............

Then came the freshers and we were dancing,dancing,dancing & dancing and :chillpill: chilling out with the GIRLS (due respect to them) & boys too.

Meanwhile our lectures were a routine with the CELL interviews going on in full pace and it was like attending the school again...........Law was hell,Lost in Economics and Sarees(Bhide Ma'am,well she teaches very nice),Kolte Sir with his presentations and all..........after all it was a fine experience...........

After the rigorous selection process some of the unfortunates were selected and then All cells started working in full swing with the new recruits-

Placement Cell with Pamphlet(Brochure) Dristibution
Alumni Cell with Chapter Treats(Meets)
Media Cell with Fuseletter(Newsletter)
Seminar Cell with Disorganising(organising) Seminars
Systems Cell with hanging(perfect) systems...........and many more

and now the SYNDICATE activities have started.............for our personality and what not development.Lets see how they improve us.....Devil bless us

And NOW comes the real part TEST dates are out.Let's see kisme kitna hai dum

Chalo yaar ab bahut ho gaya................Apologies agar kuch bhool gaya hoon.

Asheesh Mehrotra
Division A

The fresher's party was fun, the DJ was sad and played pathetic songs.

Yeah, the test dates are out and we have a test on 6th in Law. Let's see who is the real chupa rustam of the college who studies very rigourously behind the scenes.