Fellow PUYS! I’m Paraag, a current student in the MS in Applied Finance program at Pepperdine University’s Graziadio School of Business and Management (Malibu, Los Angeles, California). I was born and brought up in Ahmedabad, India. I got …
I'm Paraag, a current student in the MS in Applied Finance program at Pepperdine University's Graziadio School of Business and Management (Malibu, Los Angeles, California). I was born and brought up in Ahmedabad, India. I got a lot of information from social websites like Pagalguy when I applied in Spring 2013, and wished somebody provided me with the kind of information that I'm going to provide here. I feel many of us are ignorant of the wonderful opportunities that exist out here, Pepperdine University being one of them. The university is currently encouraging more and more Indian students in order to increase diversity here at the business school and I'm glad that I'm able to share this official insight with you guys on behalf of the university. So here is a little sneak peak from my perspective:
STUDENT LIFE IN MALIBU, LOS ANGELES (CALIFORNIA):
1. Pepperdine was named the #3 most beautiful campus across USA, and literally feels like a 7-star resort converted into a university. The beautiful Pacific Ocean in the front, and high fog covered mountains in the back, the location Malibu is home to 100s of Hollywood stars and celebrities. (Google it if you don't believe me) Here's an aerial tour of Pepperdine:
2. Official Facebook page to tap into the activities, photos, and student life at Pepperdine:
- Pepperdine University Graziadio School Full-time Programs
- Pepperdine University Graziadio School of Business and Management
3. It is a private university, with a low student faculty ratio (15-20 in every class). In fact, my guess for the overall student strength is around 300-500 students. I almost know all faces at Pepperdine been here just for 6 months now.
4. Business education is expensive in general as compared to technological education, but Pepperdine does a good job in helping you gain knowledge worth of 51 credits for MSAF in 1 year, as compared to 30 to 40 credits in 2 years. It also saves you 1 year of time.
1. My favorite and most suited for Indians: MS in Applied Finance (51 credits in 12 months - Spring and Fall intakes - NO work experience or finance/business education required - very intensive program - great value for time & money - I was an IT engineer fresh out of University of Pune myself)
2. The famous one: MBA w/ concentration in Information Systems, Finance, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, etc. (61 credits in 20 months - 1 or 2 year work experience minimum depending on overall profile)
3. For international minded people: MS in Global Business (15 month with a Trimester abroad option - Spring and Fall intakes - good for people interested in International Business)
4. MS in Accounting (30 credits in 9 months - accounting education required - prepares you for CPA certification)
5. MS in Digital Innovation and Information Systems - starting in Fall 2014.
JOB/INTERNSHIP (EMPLOYMENT) STATISTICS:
1. Summary of 2012:
2. You can also tap into the Facebook page:
TUITION AND FEES:
1. You should be eligible for scholarship #3, #4, and #5 in:
Also check out other options on this page.
2. Here are a few loan and scholarship options available for Graduate International students:
3. The university keeps announcing various new scholarships in a few months time, and given the extremely low number of students, you stand a high chance of receiving it.
1. Graduate Research Assistantships (they pay healthy and comparatively easy to get):
2. There are also a few jobs available at the I.T. Center, Recruitment Office, etc.
I HOPE THIS LITTLE EFFORT OF MINE HELPS AT LEAST 1 OF MY FELLOW INDIAN STUDENTS. PROVIDED THAT HAPPENS, I WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED. I ENCOURAGE YOU TO POST YOUR QUESTIONS/CONCERNS/DOUBTS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW. ANY "SERIOUS" ENQUIRERS MAY CONTACT ME ON EXPRESSING THEIR INTEREST AND I'LL BE HAPPY TO HELP THEM BY CONNECTING THEM TO THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE DIRECTLY. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.