Life @ Northpoint Centre of Learning

Hey friends… This is the space where all Students from Northpoint Centre of Learning (Northstars) can share their experiences…All the people wanting to know more about the institute and our rocking life can check it out too… Keep u p…

Hey friends...

This is the space where all Students from Northpoint Centre of Learning (Northstars) can share their experiences..All the people wanting to know more about the institute and our rocking life can check it out too..

Keep u posted
BDS

Hi..

A brief introduction about Northpoint and the courses it offers..Northpoint is Learning centre started by Lintas India..The couses at Northpoint Centre of Learning are designed in a way that after learning theory, each student applies his /her knowledge by on-the-job training at Lintas divisions and corporates..There are two courses offered as of now Post graduate program in Advertising and marketing communication and Post Graduate Program in Media management..

out of 18 months during the course, 12 months is on the job training..this is very important according to me because as communications students we need to understand and be a part of proffesional atmosphere..we are attached with mentor at each and every stage of on-the-job training..The first stint was a sales stint with various companies like Tanishq, Brittania, Berger Paints, ICICI Prudential, Polar Industries, VIP and many more..

The theory is taught by working proffesionals from industry ( client side) and advertising agencies..this gets each student in touch with theory and practical implication of the same..The theory classes are held at Northpoint Centre of Learning, KhandALA..THE INFRASTRUCTURE IS Reallyyyyy amazing!!!! I would say Better than any other institute!!!!

I am a BMS graduate and have work experience of 1 year before joining Northpoint in the field or corporate sales with Taj Hotels and have marketed general insurance. I am pursuing Post Graduate Program for Advertising and Marketing communications at Northpoint..I did my sales stint at Tanishq working on a live project making their communication strategy and understanding their sales structure..

Will post about our everyday life next time..Bye 4 now..

hiii thr,

its gr8 dat v ve strtd dis thread 4 northpoint. life rockz here man. nothin better dan studin in khandala,,,,i swear. its chilly out here right now. sessions are goin 2 end in a few days since our IMC stint in lintas which is a gd 2 n 1/2 mnths its gonna b gr8 dis time coz al of us wil b in bbay unlike da sales stint whr v al wer scattrd. jus waitin 2 get bk 2 wrk.

wil keep postin...
til then
bye

liferoczwidme!!!!!

guys when does the notifications come out .... waiting eagerly

me puruing BMM bachelors of mass media in mumbai so advertising is what i need to get in... account execution or media planning .. so keep me updated guys

guys when does the notifications come out .... waiting eagerly

me puruing BMM bachelors of mass media in mumbai so advertising is what i need to get in... account execution or media planning .. so keep me updated guys

Hey

It should be out by Feb or something..will keep u posted abt it..u from which coll in Mumbai?? We have quite a few BMM grads from Jai Hind, SNDT, Somaiyas etc..

Cya

im nikhil last year BMM specializing in advertising ..... here at khalsa ...college really sucks mann ..want to make full use of my PGin communications ..wasting my time here seriously anyways giving CAT this year ...thinking of other options too like MICA EMPI- PGAdCom, SCMS coching and SIMC .....so thanx for the info mate

bokia_disconnecting_ppl Says
im nikhil last year BMM specializing in advertising ..... here at khalsa ...college really sucks mann ..want to make full use of my PGin communications ..wasting my time here seriously anyways giving CAT this year ...thinking of other options too like MICA EMPI- PGAdCom, SCMS coching and SIMC .....so thanx for the info mate

All the best Nikhil for ur entrance exams!

BDS
Hey friends...

This is the space where all Students from Northpoint Centre of Learning (Northstars) can share their experiences..All the people wanting to know more about the institute and our rocking life can check it out too..

Keep u posted
BDS

hi guyzzzz,

Nice to hear from Northpoint. You made me feel nostalgic. I am right now in Delhi @ carat for media stint and missing Northpoint like anything. Now, I am missing those 24x7 days and night outs for projects. And, of course the buddies n giggles........

cyasoon

Hey Vineet!

Nice to hear from u man..hows ur stint going??? U doing planning or buying? We going to start our IMAG stint from 24th..

BDS

Hi BDS!

We are doing planning rt now and it's really eye opening experience. Carat people are really cool but very tough with "what has to be done has to be done perfectly no matter what" 😃 though, we are coming up with flying colors and they are really happy with our grooming ;)
I had heard from Suman that you guys are going on IMAG stint.

Wish u best for urs stint. you are going to have a wonderful time. And IMAG people too.......

coz' here comes the Northpoint :)

take care

hey vineet..

Me starting my stint at Lintas Healthcare division from tomorrow..First day at on-the-job at Lintas..slight butterflies in the stomach..

Keep u posted
BDS

Great buddy!

Lintas healthcare wd be fun,

butterflies are just for more excitement so :)

wish u best-no to worry-we will rock

hey guys!!!!
First day at Lintas Healthcare and my mentor said that they are damn busy so we have to make SOP till then..next day all of a sudden we are involved in 2 projects and today 2 more..its like juggling between 4 live campaigns..reached home at 11..the team was still cracking ideas..PRESSURE but EXCITEMENT...those are the only two emotions that i experienced in past 3 days!!

very tired rite now..keep u posted..

BDS

Hey

This week I m at Aaren Initiative - Outdoor advertising division of Lintas..Working on a research..visited BMC and RTO etc ..Learning how government bodies function n I think they r pretty cool ppl (atleast the RTO)..

I am left with one feeling after 2 weeks of Internship..I would have never realised what Integrated Marketing Communications world is without actually working in these various divisions and seeing for myself what i like n what i dont like as a career..

BDS

hey whts the salary package offered to a northpoint graduate. after mica and imi it will be my 3rd choice in terms of advertising/mktg courses

Hey Opium of masses

The salary to PGPAMM batch i.e.Post graduate in Media Management was 2.5 Lacs p.a..Our batch is the first batch for Course in Advertising and Marketing Communication..We expect atleast what the PGPAMM batch got or more..Plus we will get an advantage of specializing in the field we want(specialization will b tailor made to each individuals needs..not like other courses) for 6-8 months..when we pass we wd already have 1 yr work ex..secondly we will graduate 6 months b4 other 2 year courses..6 month salary advantage since we will start earning b4 others..plus we will climb up the ladder faster since we will have 1 n half year work ex by the time others come as trainess..

if u have any more queries do post them..

BDS

yep.. whats the percentile required to get into northpoint and what is the course fee..for both pgpcm and pgpamm

OpiumOfTheMasses Says
yep.. whats the percentile required to get into northpoint and what is the course fee..for both pgpcm and pgpamm

We conduct our own test..this test result is most important and good Cat scores always add weight to ur credentials..
Hey!

Just completed my stint with Lintertainment & LinOpinion (entertainment marketing and PR division of IMAG). Its was too cool working with both the divisions, got good opportunities to work on live project. Brainstormed for in-film placement for upcoming movies and approached companies with proposal, even got an opportunity to attend client meetings! Right now I am with Lintas Personal (direct marketing division of IMAG) working on some projects for new business opportunity.

How are thing at your end Vinit?... when r u guys returning to Northpoint?

- Alpesh

ckc out our daily - http://northpointnotes.com/news/show.php?dd=2005-12-16&report;=1#0