Life @ MICA

Its long overdue but never too late for the world to know about more about MICA and MICAns in general :: So we at the Interface Committee at MICA decided to start this thread on Life@MICA. All MICAns are invited to post their daily dope on the...

Its long overdue but never too late for the world to know about more about MICA and MICAns in general
So we at the Interface Committee at MICA decided to start this thread on Life@MICA. All MICAns are invited to post their daily dope on the miseries and mysteries of their existence on the thread. Be it maniacal profs, midnight dunks, missing grades, summers or final placements, initiatives like MICANVAS or Sankalp let the wannabes and have-beens know what makes MICA, MICA.
They say the language begins at MICA. So start spelling.
Hello MICAns...

I am sorry to interfere In ur coll thread ...But I need some help from MiCAns...

I am a third year Computer Engineering Student frm Mumbai and i want to make my career in mass comunication ...( a bit strange But i am very firm about my future plans!! ..) . I want to be @ MICA after 2 yrs ...

What r the things or skills other than a very good CAT score that i should pay attention on ...?..How different is MICA's selection procedure ...

Are Engineers given less preference ....?..this is the thing that bothers me most because Engineering to mass comunication sounds strange to everyone i speak here ....Can u guys suggest me ways so that i can take a proper tilt towards getting into MICA ...
I am glad u guys started this thread and will be happy if u guys could give me some helping -fundas...!!
Thanks
Cheers ..
Chandan...
Its long overdue but never too late for the world to know about more about MICA and MICAns in general
So we at the Interface Committee at MICA decided to start this thread on Life@MICA. All MICAns are invited to post their daily dope on the miseries and mysteries of their existence on the thread. Be it maniacal profs, midnight dunks, missing grades, summers or final placements, initiatives like MICANVAS or Sankalp let the wannabes and have-beens know what makes MICA, MICA.
They say the language begins at MICA. So start spelling.

Hi can u plzz use some better font ?? my eyes are already watering ..

Yaa we wanna know more about MICA.. but dont forget to write about Gals .. my frenz already buzzing in my ears that MICA gals r sooooooo 'u know what" ..

Sry guyz for writing more than necessary on u r thread .. will be waiting for u r posts

hey all am posting here after a long time at pg. hmm am in the first year of the flagship communications management orgramme at mica. and let me assure yo we have plenty of engineers of all possible branches in our batch. mica is great place to be for anyone who wants to learn various aspects of communications management. in the first sem we are given a thorough grounding in schools basics like qt, organisational behaviour , micromacro eco etc, but beyond that we get courses such as cultural studies, media management, marketing communications management... at finals level we have concentrations such as brand management, account planning and market research.
cheers keep posting for further queries

heyy this will be great!!!!!! for ppl like us aspiring for MICA this willl be realllyy

great work!!!!!

Can u guyz inform us on method of teaching ???

Also will there be any group assignments , team work realated .. etc etc ..

hi,

at Mica we have lots and lots of assignments and they can be either individual or group assignments. and when you are working in groups team work is called for isn't it? 😃 in fact lots of times it is your group that you depend on to help you out when you are stuck. working in such groups brought us much closer as a batch. its a great way of getting to know your classmates. 😃

regards,
pp

Can u guyz inform us on method of teaching ???

Also will there be any group assignments , team work realated .. etc etc ..
hi,

at Mica we have lots and lots of assignments and they can be either individual or group assignments. and when you are working in groups team work is called for isn't it? 😃 in fact lots of times it is your group that you depend on to help you out when you are stuck. working in such groups brought us much closer as a batch. its a great way of getting to know your classmates. 😃

regards,
pp

In our insti(DA-IICT) we have group assignments and the whole group gets 1 grade . Sheeshh hardly half the group does the work. rest all will just laze around .profs wont consider how much team effort an individual has put in. thats has been a big prob here..thats y asking and thnx for the clarification ..

hi evry1,

prajay here.. an electrical eng. graduate but working as a software eng. @ patni in mumbai.Now im keen about MICA.Can any mican help me out by throwing some light on what is the set of jobs that micans get into after pgdcm.what i mean is is it a sales manager,marketing xecutive.etc...????i would also appreciate any information regarding the kind of work that has to be done by the probable roles that would be enacted by micans in corporate world.why im so particular about this is becoz we cant just go by the words "communications" and "advertising" and imagine whatever we want to ..and then once you are there after a lot of hardwork..u should not say "this is not what i thought i would be getting into".So friends i advise all of you who want to be a mican to get a realistic picture about future opportunities.i myself want to be a MICAN but i dont want to leave any stone unturned to understand mica b4 deciding to take a leap.and i have seen that some guys are using the words "mass comm" and "communication management" in the same sense where as i feel that theres a lot of difference between them.what do you say micans??????

hi interface,
nice decision to start this thread, and a good day too. Today we were taken on a guided tour of ahmedabad...from swami narayan temple to jumma masjid and later to akshardham. The first tour was really aswome nbecause in the tour you could see in what ways the structure, design and signages have changed along with the art work. There was a particular part where you had 4 different houses from different parts of history, that is persian, maratha, british and mughal times.
For those who donot know i am in Design Communications and yeah we also study this stuff along with various other subjects from art history, calligraphy, photography, design elements. brand management, event design, strategic management and other stuff thats even remotely concerned with design or communications or management....... ....
So as i was saying, the tour was fantastic and we really enjoyed the tour.....but sadly had to miss mr madhusudan's lecture organised by Mica Lecture Series(MLS).......And ohhh...gotta leave...Art History at 3:30....will get back in the evening
bbye

Hey Interface,

Good Work, Guys.

Keep answering all the queries and when someone has specific doubts they can write to me at [email protected] or at [email protected] as I am responsible for answering all admissions related queries of MICA prospects.

Best Wishes
Deval Kartik

hey all,

its a pretty good morn....sunshine n all.....

yesterday was a good day - attended the MLS lecture by Madhusudanan, AVP eValsueServe on KPOs and another lecture by Micheal Jary at IIMA on international retailing...had a fabulous dinnner at a Bopal dhaba....winded up by 'terminating' apna dear Major Prateek quite well...(for the uninitiated 'termination' is hacking into someone's insti email id and sending out bogus but creative emails...the idea is not just to fool the person concerned but to take the whole batch or student community for a ride)

only regret...i've a lizard in my room

Hey Vipin,

You scared of lizards???? I am surprised...

MICANs should invent their own Pokemons :grab: Being in midst of nature and having daily (As well nocturnal) encounters with a wide variety of insects should make you brave...hehehheheheeh

Cheers,
Pa-Gal
More MICA Gyan here!

hey we are not scared of insects...we are too used to them by now:) ...after all who can forget the acid bug epidemic that we had here during the rains . for the non-micans(and aspiring micans), acid bugs are tiny insects that bite you and give you nasty acid-filled boils which obviously hurt...sounds wicked doesn't it? so the best cure is prevention and for that you need to be constantly on your guard and aware of your surroundings. but you need to have a general awareness level in other fields like politics, sports, entertainment, business and advertising to get through to mica in the first place as you do need a good grounding in all these if you want to crack your mica entrance test, gd and pi. but more importantly i think that what qualifies and differentiates a mican from others is the passion to do what you believe in, the courage to choose the path less trodden, the will to make a mark in the field you love, and the zest to be able to stretch yourself to the limits and yet emerge sane and in one-piece with a smile on your face. all this even if you have slept at 4 am the previous night and have lectures from 9 to 5 the next day followed by innumerable assignments. that my friends is mica and what makes a mican. yet i love it and i wouldn't trade it for any other place in the world.

drop dead sleepy yet wide awake
pp

Hey Vipin,

You scared of lizards???? I am surprised...

MICANs should invent their own Pokemons :grab: Being in midst of nature and having daily (As well nocturnal) encounters with a wide variety of insects should make you brave...hehehheheheeh

Cheers,
Pa-Gal
More MICA Gyan here!

Hi all,

We have just wound up our intercollegiate festival known as micanvas and are settling back into a somewhat routine life...but wait a minute, who can forget the theatrical bug that hits every mican at this time of the year? Sankalp- Mica's yearly offering to the theatre circuit in Ahmedabad is back again and so is a flurry of activity! As you round the corner from your room, you are most likely to bump into people gesticulating in front of the mirror, making wild gestures, sobbing hiccuping-ly and laughing hysterically! ...Sankalp awakens the actor in every one us as we vociferously discuss how the 'plot' should progress or who should play a certain character...Each person assumes the role of the critique to the hilt and opinions are stated at the drop of a penny.... and let us not forget the slow and steady build up of the backstage team that will start to put forth an entire show from scratch in the coming months...therefore marketing, creative, sets, costumes, makeup, lights, sound etc are teams that are going to be closely working towards the common goal of making this the best Sankalp yet!

So as we get together and start to put bits and pieces of this psychadellic canvas together, lets hope to see you here at the next Sankalp- albeit as a mican

Fade out,
Kari

The way of Life...that's what Sankalp is...Started by two theatre enthusiasts - MICAns - from the batch of 2001, Sankalp has come a long way... Tughlaq, Fire and the Rain, Hayavadana, Encounters in Umbugland and now...hold your breath till we raise the curtain...

Three cheers to way of life
Pa-Gal
Way to Gyan

hheeyyy this soundds really cooll

anyway pa-gal the MICA site show the last date as 12 th december for CAT junta. is it extended or sth???

Its been such a looooong weekend...

have watched 5 movies in 2 days now...cant tell ya ppl how it feels to watch 'Kyun Ki' right after 'No Mans Land' but such is life kya karen?

hey, sankalp sounds interesting.i wud like to know more about it. is it inercollege theatre competition. or sumthing???.....