Life @ KJ SOMAIYA

Hello Friends, This thread m posting for u all to let u kno more abt k j somaiya… life is fun at kj… !! establishd in 1981… ranked amongst the top 20 b-schools… faculty wid gud exprnc in the industry… most f them wid exprnc rang…

Hello Friends,
This thread m posting for u all to let u kno more abt k j somaiya...
life is fun at kj... !!
establishd in 1981..
ranked amongst the top 20 b-schools...
faculty wid gud exprnc in the industry.. most f them wid exprnc ranging in 15-20 yrs..
teaching is primarily done thru
--> ppts..
--> assgnmnts
--> ppts by students in grps
--> grp tasks
--> tests and quizzes

students are judged on
--> class participation
--> tests and quizzes
--> assgnmnts
--> case studies
--> grp tasks' performance
--> ppts

hostel is well furnished.
library wid gud collection of buks and also databases like ebsco are easily accessible.

wifi in campus.. and lan facility in the hostel is available to ascertain 24X7 net accessibility

Placements...
final placement ppts by the companies are goin...
last year.. the max had been 12lakhs
and the avg been 6.5..
33% f d students got more than 7 lakhs p.a. ...
this time one f our seniors has alrdy been placed wid 7.5 lakhs f package..
so we are looking forward to have the avearage much more this year

Also companies are coming for the summer internship plcmnts..!!

the cut offs are like..
90% + for students wid no work ex or less than a year work ex....
85% + for students wid work ex more than a year...

the shortlisting process for gd pi has a certain parameter..
u will find marks for every slab in category f each like qualifications, work ex
for eg. 4 marks for % in grads in d range 75-80...
this is jus an eg.. not the exact figure..
and also the score of the deciding exam....!!!

if i have missed out on something imp.. i wud request my simsrite frnds to plzz fill in the void.. tho i have tried to give the cmplt info frm ma side...!! But to err is humane.. :)

looking forward for queries ....!!!!! 😃

looking forward for queries ....!!!!! :)

just a small querry for one of my frnd...the placements for the three groups..ppl joing thru cat...ppl joining thru cet..n ppl for IB course...does it happen together or are they separate

ciao..

there is no differentiation for the placments of the batches except tht the Retail Batch's plcmnt procedure is diff from this.. they have diff process... !!

Hi Nidhi,

U missed one thing... 33% of the batch got more than 7 Lacs and the batch strength was 280 students, i.e. around 95 students.

Nice to see this thread, try to bring more SIMSRites on this forum... it will help in portraying the right picture of SIMSR through PG.

Sunil

Was waiting for this tread. Plz post more info on the life at simsr...specially the hostel life

Hey KJ ppl,

Can ne1 tel me somethin bout the college... i wanted to no from some1 who is 1 year old out there... which is the better among KJ Wellingkar UBS????

Thx in advance

can nay senoir give sme info abt the retail prog ?
which score they will accept n whts the cutt off?

I have got 95.44% in CAT. Do i stand any chance???

Hey KJ ppl,

Can ne1 tel me somethin bout the college... i wanted to no from some1 who is 1 year old out there... which is the better among KJ Wellingkar UBS????

Thx in advance

I will rank as follows:
KJ SOMAIYA
UBS
WELLINGKAR

This is done taking into account the batch profile,placement and location.The placement at KJ this time is simply awosome.Plz keep tuned for more details in that front
the_silent_negotiator Says
I have got 95.44% in CAT. Do i stand any chance???

You have a very good chance.................cutoff is expected to be in the region of 90-92 percentile.
sb29 Says
Was waiting for this tread. Plz post more info on the life at simsr...specially the hostel life

the hostel life at KJ is full of fun, the college has constructed a new well furnished hostel.........the typical life is full of assignments,presentations,deadlines,week end parties.Pressure is immense and so is fun..........

hicharish herei got 87.57 percentile n CAT this timeand i have 21 mnths of work exp.is there be any chance to get a cal from K.J SOMAIYAwaiting for reply

People over here say that a large chunk of KJS seats are filled thru management quota.
Is that true??
Please reply..

please give more info about the life at SIMSR. What is staying in the hostel like? Are the hostel rules linient and liberal like IIMs? Do you have internet connectivity in each room?

Also, Can u upload some pics of the college. This is one thing I couldn't find anywhere.

Hey Puys...
I got 86.46%ile in CAT and got around 1.6 years of work exp..
can someone tell me if I stand a chance.. thanks in advance!!

i got 83.76 CAT .i 've almost 2 years of work ex in R & D in M&M.; what is my chance of getting a call from K.J?

hiiii
plleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i had applied for KJ somaiya and i had sent my application on saturday, but i had not received any confirmation from the institute can you please tell me whom should i consult regarding this and can you plese gimme their mail id

pleasetell what are my chances in KJ ..
93 percentile overall but 67 only in VA
2 yrs of work ex..

Regards
Karninder verma

hi everybody....
i hav got 93.4%ile in cat..having no work ex..
66.6 %ile in verbal..is there any chance for me...
havn't recieved any confirmation till nw