[email protected]

Hi All :: :, __ We are a group of students from International School of Management Excellence, Bangalore and have started this thread to provide all the required insight and information regarding ISME. __ _So, please do post your quer…

Hi All :,

We are a group of students from International School of Management Excellence, Bangalore and have started this thread to provide all the required insight and information regarding ISME.

So, please do post your queries, if any specific information is needed or keep watching this thread regularly for the buzz happening @ ISME.

With Best Regards,
Hi Friends,
Let me introduce you all to Respected Alumini of our college.
Well we @ ISME, had our alumini meet on 12th of september and to state it short it was an awesome interaction with our seniors. Now, let me introduce you all to our Panelist from (2007-200 Our very first batch.
1. Varun (2007-200
Working in Tata Consultancy Services as a managing consultant.
Dynamic personality was a pleasure interacting with him really good in communication skills.
2. Aditi Mittal (2007-200
Working in IMRB International as a Assistant Project Manager. Inspite Being an Bsc graduate she
did her M.B.A in Marketing and have a vast knowledge about the subject.
3. Utsav (2007-200
Working in On Mobile Global Ltd.
He was really presentable and his experience being in the college was great. Also was concerned
about the six sigma belt which added on a value to his job.
4. Sameer (2007-200
He is covering the Banking sector in the company.
According to him use of excel is the basic need in the company. He benefited a lot by using
the concepts of Organization Behaviour in the company.
Well these were the panel members of our college. It was a Great time being with them under same roof and gathering a lot of valuable points from them about there life in the college and after that being in the corporate world and there experience working with Big Daddy in the Corporate world. At last would just like to say that I thank to all my seniors for devoting your valuable time and showing your presence in the college campus.
Thank You All Respected Seniors.
[email protected] >> Week - 21st Sep '09 to 26th Sep '09

It was a power packed week, with the Term-1 End Term Examinations in the air. Everybody was burning the mid night lamp to get over the subjects of Term-1. After each subject's exam was over there was a sigh of relief on everybody's face. Mixed reactions poured out regarding the outcome in the exams. Some felt it to be a cake walk, for some it was an ok sort of affair and for some it was quite tough to handle.

After the exams were over, everybody had their plans for the long Dusserra holidays of four days. Some explored Bangalore during the vacation, some went out to nearby places like Ooty and Mysore, while some were too tired and spent their vacation by taking rest. Amidst of all this the Durga Puja and Dussera celebration were in the air.

In all, during the vacation, everybody was rejuvenated and geared up for the Term 2 starting from next week.

"Week-29th September 2009 - 6th October 2009"

After a 4 day break from the usual hectic schedule of ISME, we are back to class again. The break has somehow provided relief from the exam and presentation anxieties. On are arrival, we were welcomed by new course material comprises fatty books of Financial Management, Business Statistics, Marketing Management-2, Written Business Communication and Economics. The importance of course subjects has also increased as we are proceeding further. We will be having specialization courses from the next term so students are more than serious about there academic performances this time. The professors here have always been knowledgeable and helpful towards students. But this term there is something special and that is Prof. Ramesh Tagat has taken up Economics. Respected as a walking Encyclopedia for his indepth knowledge in different business sectors and management practices, we hope to get the best out of his classes. Apart from the academic activities, we are also celebrating 2nd October as the Cricket Day in ISME. So, it is going to be fun this week."

"Week 12th Oct'09 - 17th Oct'09"

Hello and Happy Diwali to all .... Last week was an enthralling one. ISMEians clebrated Diwali with great zeal and passion as the Cultural Function Day or Annual Function Day named as "Vihaan'09 - Ek Naya Savera" ............ Truly, every ISMEian gave their full effort and heart to make Vihaan'09 a huge success .... The Diwali Day started with a Rangoli Competition .... thereafter, almost every body rocked the stage with their hidden talents in Acting, Singing, Dancing, Mimicry, Shaayari ..... Fashion Show etc .... Then the fabulous Cracker Show organized by the institute and a sumptuous dinner truly made the day ......... Finally the function was over and ISMEians geared up for the Term-2 mid trem examinations commencing from 20th Oct-09 .....

Wanted to know what is the percentile cut off of ISME?
May i pleaseknow about the fee structure?

Hi Akkshitara,

Pls go through the details for Application

Application Details:

1. Name of the course Post Graduate in Program Management ( PGPM); Major Specialization in Marketing, Finance, Information Technology and Human Resource Management

2. Application dates -

a. Forms available from : 15th October, 2009
b. Forms available till : 15th April, 2010
c. Last date of submission of completed application form : 15th April, 2010
d. Deadline:
Early Admissions: 18th December, 2009
Round 1: 22nd January, 2010
Round 2: 26th February, 2010
Round 3: 15th April, 2010

3. Cost of the form - Rs 1000/-

4. Payment details - Cash / dd. If through DD,for Rs 1000/ in favour of "International School of Management Excellence" payable at Bangalore.
Submission Fees: NONE
5. Eligibility criterion :
- Bachelors/ Master Degree from any recognized education institution in Commerce, Management, Arts, Science, Engineering, Technology or equivalent with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- Good performance in one of the Management Aptitude Tests(CAT/ GMAT/ XAT /MAT/ ATMA / NAT).

6. Selection Procedure:

Stage 1: Complete Application FormApplicants need to complete the application form and attach the required documents and submit the entire application to ISME Admission Office
Stage 2: Interviews Shortlisted candidates are called for an interview with a panel of experts from ISME
Stage 3: Admission DecisionBased on the review of the application and the recommendation of the interview panel, the admission committee would invite selected candidates for admission to the program.

7. Admission Test:
ISME recognizes All India Management Aptitude Tests as directed by the Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India. XAT /ATMA /CAT /MAT /GMAT/ NAT.

The Fee Structure for the Course is Rs 4.35 lakhs which also includes Six Sigma Black Belt Certification.

With Regards, Pls do let us know for any more details needed .....

ISME has been ranked as one of the top B-Schools in Bangalore by the recent CSR rankings 😃

Week 18th Oct'09 - 24th Oct'09
Well we ended up the last week at a good node... The Diwali dhamaka :thumbsup:was awesome with celebration of our cultural fest "VIHAAN- Ek Naya Sawera" But there was something waiting for us this week, Guess what??? :lookround: Well Our 2nd Mid Term exams from 20th till 23rd... Everybody after having a blast last week with lots and loads of preparation for the show were now busy with there slides and books...
And the days passed on in a fraction of seconds by the time we were done with our exams... Waiting for our results to be declared soon with lots of hope...

hi! i wanted to know how are the placement scenario at ISME.
It would be a help if you can please quote the placement figures & what %age of students make it..

hi guys :lookround:
can anyone tell me what was the cut off for MAT score last year? do they accept XAT scores? i got 92.13 percentile for MAT and applying to christ, alliance, xime etc etc.... but i have bad academic records for my degree.... still awaiting supplementary results of 1st and 2nd sem... will they chuck me out even if i get in and later canmnot submit the degree certs in time?!

In my understanding, ISME looks for academic consistancy rather than a particular score - some what like the US colleges (Director is graduate of Carnegie Mellon).You can apply to ISME in case you do not get through to Alliance or XIME. I do not have much info on Christ. I presume you would need to have some minimum passing marks before some deadline. You would need to contact the admission office to confirm.

hi.. few queries to be cleared.. i will go one by one...:)
---> wat is usually the cut off for isme??
---> wat bout the palcements der..
---> which campus is better taking into consideration
1. faculty
2. infrastructure
3. insudtry interface
4. placements
n i heard 100% placements over der.. was it bout the blore campus or mum campus or both.. n wat % of overall students get placed??
any global exposure provided during the course???

n by cut off, i am basically askin bout cat n xat 😃 😃

i have got 89.89 le in dec mat...do i have chances of getting seleted for isme...is hostel facility available there???

hi, I do not think there is cutoff. they give strong weightage to consistent grading in ur 10th,12th n deg. also looking for CAT/MAT/GMAT.

Hi, i have been wondering how to get in touch with the seniors.
I would really like an honest opinion about ISME, i think its a good place to study but what do u seniors say?
What are the placements this season and what is the average salary like?
Please reply soon because i need to register by the weekend.

thanks in advance

I graduated from ISME and am working in MR area. I feel that ISME is one of the few places that has great academics and with courses on Six Sigma and other relevant courses, concept of which I have been able to use at work. Also, as I stated earlier in my post, the placements in ISME have been good with a lot of companies like AC Neilson, IMRB, Empower, Hansa, Brickworks, Symphony (I am only listing the MR companies).

hey
thanks for the prompt reply, i worked with Nielsen myself for a year so i am familiar with the MR companies, is it true that companies like Amazon and Northern trust have visited your campus for placements?
And also what was the highest salary in your batch? As a senior would you recommend ISME to me?

Sorry if that was one too many questions but I'm trying to get all the information i can, if you could me in touch with others i'd be more than happy to bug them too 😉