Life@ IMT Nagpur

Rocking is the word that I would use to describe my first three weeks at IMT-Nagpur. This place is actually very exciting. I would like to share my experience of my first few days at this exotic campus. The drum roll actually started the time I la…

1 Like
Rocking is the word that I would use to describe my first three weeks at IMT-Nagpur. This place is actually very exciting. I would like to share my experience of my first few days at this exotic campus. The drum roll actually started the time I landed on campus here. We had our registration on day one. I landed here on day one around 1300 hrs and was asked to have lunch and then proceed for the registration by a smartly dressed person. After lunch I got myself registered and till the time I was free it was 1530 hrs and trust me I was tired as I was travelling since past 30 hrs. Then I had to settle my new room. The immediate question that came to my mind was that boss what about the stuff like mattress, bucket etc.. Then a smartly dressed female comes to the rescue and tells me about the in house co-operative store.
The store provided me with all the solutions. I boarded my room with my stuff and there was another surprise. The rooms were well kept neat and clean and actually conforming with global standards. By now I was very tired and wanted to catch on some sleep but all the new joinees were asked to assemble in the LRC (Learning Resource Centre) hall, our chairperson academic programmes wanted to address us. He greeted us to the campus and extended an informal welcome to us on behalf of everybody. In this session we all were apprised of the schedule which was to follow for our next week. It was the orientation week with some classes and some very useful outbound exercises. In the entire session I saw some very well dressed boys and girls co-ordinating everything. I was continuously thinking who are they? After the session by our chairperson a lady came on the stage and extended a warm welcome to us. She is our senior and all those smartly dressed people were seniors. Trust me friends they are really a great support infact the greatest support on campus we can have.
After the session we had our dinner and I was so tired that I went to my room and dozed off. The day ahead was scheduled to be very hectic but the seniors told that in reality it would be fun on the run. I also got to know that it was our seniors only who had managed all the activities on the registration day from room allotment to the menu for our meals. The co-operative store on campus is also the fruit of efforts of our seniors. Without all this I guess it would have been really difficult.

Hey Man.... U didnt write anything abt the studies,presentations case studies etc..
how is the life on that front. Is it too grilling???????????/,..........

Rocking is the word that I would use to describe my first three weeks at IMT-Nagpur. This place is actually very exciting. I would like to share my experience of my first few days at this exotic campus. The drum roll actually started the time I landed on campus here. We had our registration on day one. I landed here on day one around 1300 hrs and was asked to have lunch and then proceed for the registration by a smartly dressed person. After lunch I got myself registered and till the time I was free it was 1530 hrs and trust me I was tired as I was travelling since past 30 hrs. Then I had to settle my new room. The immediate question that came to my mind was that boss what about the stuff like mattress, bucket etc.. Then a smartly dressed female comes to the rescue and tells me about the in house co-operative store.
The store provided me with all the solutions. I boarded my room with my stuff and there was another surprise. The rooms were well kept neat and clean and actually conforming with global standards. By now I was very tired and wanted to catch on some sleep but all the new joinees were asked to assemble in the LRC (Learning Resource Centre) hall, our chairperson academic programmes wanted to address us. He greeted us to the campus and extended an informal welcome to us on behalf of everybody. In this session we all were apprised of the schedule which was to follow for our next week. It was the orientation week with some classes and some very useful outbound exercises. In the entire session I saw some very well dressed boys and girls co-ordinating everything. I was continuously thinking who are they? After the session by our chairperson a lady came on the stage and extended a warm welcome to us. She is our senior and all those smartly dressed people were seniors. Trust me friends they are really a great support infact the greatest support on campus we can have.
After the session we had our dinner and I was so tired that I went to my room and dozed off. The day ahead was scheduled to be very hectic but the seniors told that in reality it would be fun on the run. I also got to know that it was our seniors only who had managed all the activities on the registration day from room allotment to the menu for our meals. The co-operative store on campus is also the fruit of efforts of our seniors. Without all this I guess it would have been really difficult.
Hey Man.... U didnt write anything abt the studies,presentations case studies etc..

I would suggest you to wait for some days
All kinds of things would be posted in some days

Kabir has posted for events/life of day 1 only
So keep your fingers crossed

Its been three weeks since the college started.....Our orientation program went on for a week.....it was a mix of corporate lectures, seminar on Case-study methods,some basic prep classes in Quants and last but not the least the Outbound program. The Outbound program was such a huge hit with the junior batch that we have requested it to be conducted every trimester.
it had activities ranging from rapelling to team excercises.It helped the junior batch to bond and interact with each other.
Regular classes have started since the second week. As far academic bit is concerned it is meant to be rigorous.There are reading assignments which one is supposed to complete before every lecture.We have already been divided into groups for presentations and case studies. Also the presentations and interviews for various committees has started so life is pretty hectic.
What can i say abt the campus.Kabir has already described it for you.Kabir dude looking forward to many such posts from you. Gtg will keep on posting abt the life@IMT-Nagpur
In morning when I got up there was a lot of noise in the hostel. As I went out I saw everybody standing near the notice board reading a notice. It stated
It is to inform all the student managers of PGDM 2007-09 programme that they are required to assemble in the hall of Learning Resource Centre (L.R.C.) by 9.45 hrs in formal attire. The student managers are advised to adhere to dress code and maintain the decorum of the assembly.

Corporate Interaction Committee

We all were wondering which committee is this but we were running short on time so had to rush. All the students here are addressed as student managers. Well in the nick of time everyone one of us just managed to get ready, grab a quick bite and reach LRC. Here also everything was being managed by our smartly dressed seniors and they said that the first rule of management is to manage time and adhere to it. So they didnt allow any late comers to come in. We were asked to be seated in the hall. This was the occasion of formally welcoming the PGDM batch 2007-09. The chief guest for the occasion was Shri D.C. Garg who is heading the Western Coal Fields. the session included speeches by the chief guest, our director, chairperson, dean academics and all the people heading various departments.

It extended upto 1700 hrs. Well its now when the life of campus actually starts. I was just thinking that a B-school is supposed to load its students with loads of work and there is no sign of such a thing here. Then suddenly I realized how wrong I was. I saw people coming out of the academic block and people discussing about some cases and all. It was but obvious that they were our seniors. As we were proceeding for the Hi Tea all us received the message of seniors that we all are supposed to report to them before the dinner time (any one of them). Strange isnt it. Some of us went and some didnt. I went to one of them and interacted with him. He asked about me, my hobbies and stuff like that and then handed me a case study to be done within 24 hrs. He gave me his email id and asked me to mail it to him. I took it and went to my room and was just wondering that boss whats happening? Then I thought that it was really silly of me to go because I could see people who didnt go and they were enjoying.

After dinner there was a list of people which was being circulated asking them to assemble at the Baddy Court. It was the people who did not report to any of the seniors. I was shocked that within 2 hours each of the seniors had got together and compiled a list of people who did not turn up, great network boss. These people were then given 2 case studies and were given just 18 hrs to submit. This all was being done to acquaint the new entrants with the B-school work pressure. Now I got to know whats a B-school. Is it too much I still reckon? But trust me its more then that.

as kabir and neeraj have already mentioned studies r grilling and and thats the best word by which corporate life anywhere across the globe can be best described ,so why not make a sincere beginning today.
but to be frank case studies and presentations r enjoyable to an extent,specially sitting in the soothing atmosphere of the learning resource centre of our college and preparing for the presentations,is a lot easier.
the brilliant infrastructure and healthy atmosphere here has already had its effect on us and we r beggining to feel less homesick,the volleyball going on till 3:00 in the night is also something never experienced before.i can say one thing every passing moment here is making our lives more and more enjoyable.

as kabir and neeraj have already mentioned studies r grilling and and thats the best word by which corporate life anywhere across the globe can be best described ,so why not make a sincere beginning today.
but to be frank case studies and presentations r enjoyable to an extent,specially sitting in the soothing atmosphere of the learning resource centre of our college and preparing for the presentations,is a lot easier.
the brilliant infrastructure and healthy atmosphere here has already had its effect on us and we r beggining to feel less homesick,the volleyball going on till 3:00 in the night is also something never experienced before.i can say one thing every passing moment here is making our lives more and more enjoyable.

Hop All juniors are having a good time here @ IMT Nagpur..
Atleast it seems so from their posts

You guys are already enjoying the place
Hop u feel the heat of MBA very soon..

Some advice:
1) Spend more time in Library than in classes
2) Don't get complacent of anything,keep working!!
3) Maximum Participation in all forums & committees,just academics cannot take you to heights
4) Don't hesitate to ask for any kind of help from seniors(including me),esp for gals.:)
5) Listen to all kind of gyaan floating everywhere and start filtering it and accept good things.

I am eagerly waiting for the Finance & Marketing Forums' games to be organised. I am sure you guys will love those.

And members of quiz team,get ready for the next round of quizzes. This time it would be tougher.

"Life rocks @ IMT N"

Hello everyone,
Kabir, Neeraj, Sudhir have covered the fun and learn part in first two weeks at IMT Nagpur.
I would like to add some more things to FUNLIFE@IMT Nagpur.......
We have Badminton court, Tennis court, Volleyball ground, Basketball court, football ground, table tennis , carrom ..... and to be frank with u i have been here for three weeks and along with my studies these all games have kept me busy.

Regards
Vaibhav Inamdar
IMT Nagpur
PGDM 2007-09

Yes Vaibhav was not kidding when he said that we have a Tennis Court so for people like me who have not touched a tennis racket in their life have the oppurtunity to imitate federer. Due to the array of options available for fun studies have taken a backseat and people end up losing sleep trying to cope with the acads workload. Also the preparation for our nationl event Milestone 35 has begun. I never realised the amt of work that goes into planing such a event. The juniors were given a brief picture of what the event would be like and by all indications it promises to be a huge sucess.
Gtg the midterms are starting in Aug 1st week so have to start studying

Yes Vaibhav was not kidding when he said that we have a Tennis Court so for people like me who have not touched a tennis racket in their life have the oppurtunity to imitate federer. Due to the array of options available for fun studies have taken a backseat and people end up losing sleep trying to cope with the acads workload. Also the preparation for our nationl event Milestone 35 has begun. I never realised the amt of work that goes into planing such a event. The juniors were given a brief picture of what the event would be like and by all indications it promises to be a huge sucess.
Gtg the midterms are starting in Aug 1st week so have to start studying

ya we all r waiting for the gala event(MILE STONE-35) and as our seniors have already told us about the scale of the event it is sth to really look forward to.and c'mon cattering yaar,the acads pressure is there but we r enjoying it also,sitting late nights and discussing cases is not that boring but yes mid terms r theatening to give us some sleepless nights morever so because we r partying too much and also selection procedures of various forums and committes r simultaneosuly on ,but what we can do most is to get habitual to these pressures ,afterall we r managers ,aren't we?

Sorry for not posting any sooner.The midterms are going to start in 10 days time and
the assignments are piling up.I keep postponing my resolution of studying seriuosly
due to the variety of things happening on the campus ranging from committee and forum
interviews to a blood donation drive that was conducted today.Also subjects such as Managerial economics and financial accounting is giving poor engineers like me a hard time??:.So pray for me and wish me luck so that i fare well in the midterms

Sorry for not posting any sooner.The midterms are going to start in 10 days time and
the assignments are piling up.I keep postponing my resolution of studying seriuosly
due to the variety of things happening on the campus ranging from committee and forum
interviews to a blood donation drive that was conducted today.Also subjects such as Managerial economics and financial accounting is giving poor engineers like me a hard time??:.So pray for me and wish me luck so that i fare well in the midterms

I can understand your curiosity about the mid terms,but let the time pass and then in term 2 or term 3 you would feel that mid term is just another exam,like a class test.

Our midterms r on,n seriously I am more free than before as no 4-5 classes everyday..And then for me,one exam each day makes life more simpler against two exams daily for u..

Other work like placement committee n all keeps me busy through out the day but then that work is fun at the same time..Keeping in touch with the corporate sector u see..:)

The quiz forum has gone into sleep mode,we are really sorry for that but had no option and let go another committes and forums let go ahead as we felt their importance more..Wait for ur mid term to get over and the quizzes will b back..n ya..Me planning a new concept...IMT quiz..lets see how much students know about college..

As far as the subjects like Economics n Accounting goes,I guess u should keep commerce students busy and keep asking them about concepts..U can approach seniors too..And then faculty...Make the most of everything around u..After all,u r STUDENT MANAGER...
Sorry friends for posting so late, but my laptop was not working and I was down with fever. hope you like this part as this is very special.

Outbound Programme

Well now comes the first fun part n its actually the fun part. A very very unique way of IMT-Nagpur of welcoming the new entrants. It was the most lovable and exciting experience for us as fresh student managers. It consisted of some very fun involving exercises with some real cool managerial learnings. First comes the Trust Fall, an activity where you learn to trust your team members and start believing that your team is there to take care of you and will shoulder your responsibility. Then came the Magic Mats. In this game you have to approach the target of getting your team across a certain portion of land with the help of Mats. But these mats are magical in nature and your even a small mistake of yours would make them fly away. In this you learn to work in team, identify your goal as a team, strategise, co-ordinate and most of all co-operate with the team.

After these games it was time to enhance your learning by experiencing a new game. This time the objective was to create a perfect square with the help of a rope. Not a big deal at all, but my dear friend you have to do so in a team and that blind folded. Now came the time to strategise, organise, co-ordinate, trust etc. in short time for some real team work. Well if this is not enough here comes another task/ game. The Electric Spider Web. Focussing on the team work.

In one of the game we were made to sit together and interact with each to get to know each other better while performing certain team as well as individual tasks. Hence laying stress on the Multi-Tasking aspect, one of the very important attributes for a good manager.

After all these games with loads of learning came the most fun part. Rapling. Yes, Rapling in a B-school. Fun filled with adventure and excitement helps you generate tremendous amount of self confidence and enthuses you to face new upcoming challenges. The outbound programme was a real fun and an awesome learning experience. We all as a batch share the same feeling as you can see some posts above also.

Hey fellas its past 3 in the morning and am slogging myself to the tyranny of the Profs. We people have our mid terms from today at 10:00 hrs. The only advantage that i c here is that i have to study for only 2 subjects for today as i have 2 exams. Rest of the days its like u have to study nearly all the subjects n still the unceratinity prevails. C u friends soon

kabir1224 Says
Hey fellas its past 3 in the morning and am slogging myself to the tyranny of the Profs. We people have our mid terms from today at 10:00 hrs. The only advantage that i c here is that i have to study for only 2 subjects for today as i have 2 exams. Rest of the days its like u have to study nearly all the subjects n still the unceratinity prevails. C u friends soon

I can understand your point.
come second year,you will find it more interesting
Exams are like fun as you may get gaps in between as the exams goes on for days,as we have subjects to choose from
Also,in some subjects,there are no mid terms only
more open books mid terms

N ya,how you guys found the Independence Day Celebrations?
The Dorli Lake walk was really fun..You miss the tea session na?It was even funnier..
And then watching Rang De Basanti in big screen was awesome..Inquilab Zinadabad...

But this mid term marks of ours has started making life difficult...getting less marks in the mid terms:(..And missed some classes due to the placement work..

I am eagerly waiting for the 48 hour sports festival to begin..so much of njoyment in it...All sports..serious battle...would be a nice experience..Hop that would bring back zeal in life..
Press Release

Dabbawallas dazzle at IMT Nagpur

It was a show stopper. Mr. Gangaram Talekar, Secretary, Nutan Mumbai Tiffin Box Suppliers Charity Trust dazzled each and every eyeball today at IMT Nagpur. Dressed in the trademark Dabbawala white Kurta Pyjama and Gandhi they were accorded a standing ovation by those present.

Mr Talekar, the wordsmith Dabbawala that he is, gave an overview of his organization and how it is what it is today. Hum chota mota kaam karte hain, bas apni roti kamaate hain(We do small work to earn our bread and butter). Started in 1890, our success story is all about being disciplined, ensuring participation from both the genders.Values, ethics, commitment are more important than anything else. Dabbawalas come and go, but our principles sustain the ravages of time.

Talking more about how the workforce maintains world class Six Sigma standards, Mr Talekar pointed out that we have no technological backup, average literacy rate is almost eight grade schooling, they are trained for a period of six months with a monthly stipend. Only if the efficiency is good that we make them permanent members

Commenting on the meeting he had with Prince Charles he spoke about the seamless harmony in the communication he had with him and how the Prince, husband of the Late Diana, Princess of Wales, was so impressed that he even kept in touch with them after he went back. It is to be noted here that the Dabbawalas were subsequently invited to the wedding of Prince Charles to Camilla Parker Bowles.

More than glamour, to the students it was the range and depth of learning for the to be MBAs that was worth their while. That they have done it without an MBA degree is marvelous. They give 100 percent customer satisfaction and performance through zero percent fuel and technology as they use bicycle, says Shakun Singh, a final year student at the campus.

The Dabbawalas provide food and job, the basic requisites for the people in Mumabai. They have one of the most effective distribution models pointed out Ravi Gadgil, Professor of Sales and Distribution, IMT Nagpur. The Association which has been featured in the Guiness Book of World Records, has a total coverage areas of 60-70 Kms, taking a time of 3 hours with 2,00,000 boxes delivered on time everyday. With Shakti, Bhakti and Yukti(Power, Prayer and Ideas) on their minds, the dabbawalas set their mark on the minds and hearts of all those present at the lecture.

hello fellas whats happening? well its been long time since my last post n am sorry for that. well this time i am here with loads of stuff. As akhil has mentioned about the dabbawala lecture but he forgot to mention about the Sports Saga that happened here. It was RANBHOOMI a sports extravaganza lasting for 72 hours non-stop. Fun n frolic everywhere n you actually enjoy there yar.
Teams fighting it down till their last breathe and everybody pushing there body beyond limits. The experience is awesome when u know that each muscle of your body is aching but still u dont wanna give up and fight for each point/score for yourself for your team for your supporters and for the spirit of the game. Its something which words cannot surmount. And the best part is that when majority of the people on campus end up with all kinds of pains n bruises during the sports festival u have a full night DJ party on the rocks. N if u think thats enough sorry it isn't after dancing to the tunes of DJ full night long you have a lecture to attend in the morning. But then this is fun all about i guess.

hi puys!!!!
can someone plz quote the cut off for imt nagpur through cat06?

hi puys!!!!
can someone plz quote the cut off for imt nagpur through cat06?

Hi Naina well the cut-off for PGDM 2007-09 based on cat 06 was as follows
PGDM Finance 92.xx
PGDM General 90.xx
PGDM IT 88.xx
PGDM HR 88.xx
The cut-offs were variable as per the programs. Any further queries please shoot.