Life@IISWBM-The B-school India

IISWBM,the first b-school in India! classroom,assembly hall,faculty,canteen,events,fests…all weaves our two year life at this premier institute of India. Everybody students,alumni of this institute has there piece of experience to share.So le…

IISWBM,the first b-school in India! classroom,assembly hall,faculty,canteen,events,fests....all weaves our two year life at this premier institute of India.
Everybody students,alumni of this institute has there piece of experience to share.So lets start pour our hearts out about our life@IISWBM

P.S specify the batch please

Situated in the heart of Kolkata in College Street it creates an ambience rich with culture. Surrounded by premium Institutes like Presidency and Calcutta University,it itself is one of the oldest B-Schools in India. College street is famous for its bookstores and Coffee house. Its a place where the students would find every book under the sun and also have a place to relax and chil out...a place which itself is rich in Heritage! You can avail the facility of Metro,and also the various modes of transports. It is acccesible from any part of Kolkata!

MBA: Batch 2008-2010

seniors plz comment on the hostel facilities @ iiswbm both for boys n girls

is it a single room or a double room with attached bathroom??
do u have gym in d hostel ??

seniors plz comment on the hostel facilities @ iiswbm both for boys n girls

is it a single room or a double room with attached bathroom??
do u have gym in d hostel ??

boys-single room is not availabe...no gym facility is there.
Fin@iiswbm Says
boys-single room is not availabe...no gym facility is there.

do they hav any hostel facilities

life seems to be cool and the environment really friendly for a heritage institute in the heart of our city of joy is the well reputed, Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management. Faculties are the best in this institute including the canteen food especially the fish chop........ yummy.... 😉 and to add another feather in its crown it is situated in the midst of the "book center" College Street. the placements being good even at times of recession gives a better competitive advantage over other B-Schools. :thumbsup:

LIFE AT IISWBM the premier B-School is really full of fun and at the same time quality education and better placement facilities

knightrider1 Says
do they hav any hostel facilities

hii ..even i have applied for hostel....tell me more about urslf..??
Whr r u frm??

Iiswbm doesnt have a great campus....didnt saw any place to relax and see natural beauty....it seems we need to toil hard to find some beautiful place to comfort ourselves...
Any way seniors are certainly very helpful....thanx...
Hope to meet u all.....

what is teaching strategy like? do we have pre-class reading material? do we have prescribed textbooks or are we supposed to prepare our own notes based on class lectures? n what about tests? are there periodic class tests or just end of year exams? also, are there refresher/orientation courses? thanx 😃

twinklytinni Says
what is teaching strategy like? do we have pre-class reading material? do we have prescribed textbooks or are we supposed to prepare our own notes based on class lectures? n what about tests? are there periodic class tests or just end of year exams? also, are there refresher/orientation courses? thanx :)

*what is the teaching strategy like?

Nthing concrete has been goin so far in ths thread but stilll i m posting..and hoping for ur repliesss......

So,We are finally at IISWBM ....and for everyone who is here these two years means a lot .. so far wat i hv heard and seen has had created positve impact on me either it is the colg history ...learned profs or a good bunch of people in our batch... ....

On first day being a Puy and on orkut acted as perfect icebreaker .... and we introduced ourselves by our pg id only....

Unlike last yr we r 104 students in our batch and we r divided in 2 sections..but our bonding is nt goin to suffer as i hv seen thru the orkut posts....:cheerio:

It feels good to b back to studiess after 2 yrs...and to be under so nice faculty but still trying to pick up my pace ,strting classes have gave a nice trailor of what might come in the coming time for me but i thnk will pull up wid help of my frnds who will be posting here soon ....

also we r yet to interact wid seniors in colg as they r busy in their summers....
hope to see thm soon too...
would try my best to bring more guys to pg ..bye for now....

this is probably my 1st post on this thread....but now i can say that i truly belong to this thread since now i'm a bonafide student of this premier institute on the 3rd of july, we had the much awaited inauguration of the MBA(DAY) course of the 2009-11 batch, and what an immensely special feeling it was to be present there in the institute on such a big day!!! we had the enviable opportunity to interact with all the faculty members of the institute...and i soon found out the reason why the IISWBM faculty is rated among the very best in the country....all the faculty members led by our respected Director made us feel completely at home....the usual apprehension that one normally faces at the beginning of something new was gone in a matter of seconds:cheerio: kudos to all the faculty members and members of the support staff for making it possible.....well, that was all about the inaugural day in a nutshell....now we are gradually getting into the groove of the busy, hectic lifestyle which one normally associates with B-School life....and getting to spend such a life at a place like IISWBM is an experience worth cherishing

this is probably my 1st post on this thread....but now i can say that i truly belong to this thread since now i'm a bonafide student of this premier institute on the 3rd of july, we had the much awaited inauguration of the MBA(DAY) course of the 2009-11 batch, and what an immensely special feeling it was to be present there in the institute on such a big day!!! we had the enviable opportunity to interact with all the faculty members of the institute...and i soon found out the reason why the IISWBM faculty is rated among the very best in the country....all the faculty members led by our respected Director made us feel completely at home....the usual apprehension that one normally faces at the beginning of something new was gone in a matter of seconds:cheerio: kudos to all the faculty members and members of the support staff for making it possible.....well, that was all about the inaugural day in a nutshell....now we are gradually getting into the groove of the busy, hectic lifestyle which one normally associates with B-School life....and getting to spend such a life at a place like IISWBM is an experience worth cherishing

Whole 1 week has passed and hv to tell u ...all hv got the feel of wat iiswbm is..wat it means to walk on haloed pathways of IISWBM...

people hv got their library card made and i hv seen books frm library flying around and xerox notes hv been exchanging hands....so u cn all imagine wat tht means.... for me it will tke time.....
EBG and eco classes hv strted to bring out fundas:shocked: which everybody iis talkiing abut...also wine and cheese principle r talk of the town.....

yesterday's last class was the gem of the classes..taken by our placement officer sir.....actually his biodata mesmerized us all and then wat he talked all made so sense tht first time for me 2 hrs class was so enthralling..
we all hope he cud interact with whole class more....

Mhrm and psm () people hv also strted their classes....they shud also contribute to the thread....:
by the way saturday remains our off so njoying cofee and a very nice weather...:cheerio:

hey puys

ujjwal has a mast flat n i believe ki jab party sharty karni hui to ujjwal ka ghar mast rahega

hey puys

ujjwal has a mast flat n i believe ki jab party sharty karni hui to ujjwal ka ghar mast rahega[/QUOTE

Yes anytime ..everyone is welcome here ....

we had a gr8 time today at my flat...other thn partying hope to see some more of our group joining here to hv some serious discussions on eco and accounting....

hey got our first assignment ppt in research methodology

yes rightly said by dreamss....colg is really buzzing wid activities now....
either its presentations,the aima thing or the CR selection...

yes...the most imp post in colg is to be decided in few weeks time and every one is really excited abt the coming process...
also there wer interviews by senior for the placement trip....
its a very good intiative by the colg ...
colg organises trip to diffrnt regions for inviting companies ...grp of seniors and juniors are selected for tht...everyone is really looking fwd tht who is goin wer..
so a busy week ahead ...really looking fwd to it...

yes rightly said by dreamss....colg is really buzzing wid activities now....
either its presentations,the aima thing or the CR selection...

yes...the most imp post in colg is to be decided in few weeks time and every one is really excited abt the coming process...
also there wer interviews by senior for the placement trip....
its a very good intiative by the colg ...
colg organises trip to diffrnt regions for inviting companies ...grp of seniors and juniors are selected for tht...everyone is really looking fwd tht who is goin wer..
so a busy week ahead ...really looking fwd to it...

yeah..really a busy week..
first assignment + the selection of the representatives for different events...last week we had interviews for the placement committee... the selected representatives will be inviting the companies personally to visit the campus for the placements...obviously seniors will be accompanying us..
3 groups; each to north, south n west covering the industrial hubs of the respective places..