Life @ IIM INDORE RAK PGP

IIM Indore - the largest and the fastest growing IIM, last year decided to expand beyond geographical boundaries and as a result IIM Indore PGP at RAK was started. More details on the inauguration and the programme at Indian Institute of Mana…

IIM Indore - the largest and the fastest growing IIM, last year decided to expand beyond geographical boundaries and as a result IIM Indore PGP at RAK was started. More details on the inauguration and the programme at

Indian Institute of Management Indore - ins news

This thread is intended to share the experiences of PGP 1 students at IIM Indore RAK,.. And also to serve as a platform for discussion on this programme,..

Basic Info:

The PGP at IIM I RAK is exactly similar to the PGP back in India in all aspects. The courses are same and the faculty come from IIM A, B and Indore on visit visas to conduct lectures. It is a residential program, with excellent hostel facilities. The college functions at GEM's (IIM I's logistic partner) building at RAK free zone. This course was started basically to tap huge potential in the middle east region where MBAs from reputed institutes are seldom easily available. And this course provides ample opportunities to conquer the middle east market.

We, PGP -1 students have completed term 1 and are halfway into term 2. Life has been full of amazing experiences after having joined this prestigious institute. More on this in the following threads!!

"The cat is tamed and the rat race has almost begun!!"

My Facebook Profile : Manoj Valsan | Facebook

To add to it - the degree would be exactly the same PGP from IIM Indore, India. We also get the alumni status of the Institute.

This is an excellent initiative by the IIMs - opening up the education sector in MBA education and providing opportunities to many WITHOUT compromising on the quality.

Kudos to IIM Indore!

We would be happy to take any questions and answer to the best of our abilities.

Cheers

also... the faculty is all from IIMs... Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Indore etc... and trust me... they are all awesome... so there is no compromise on the quality of education ... 😃

Hi Kaushikar Sir,

as suggested, i m raising my queries here...

Seniors, will be great if you can answer my following queries:

1. when will the applications for IIM RAK be invited?
2. have you guys (first batch) been provided internships?
3. Internships / placements will be in India / RAK / Dubai?
4. what was the cut-off last year? how many students were called for interview process? how many were selected? what was the minimum percentile for which a candidate was finally selected?
5. any preference to work-ex?
6. the hostel is on the campus premises itself? or outside?
7. what's the living expenditure there?
8. any cultural issues at RAK?

only these questions for the time being... :P
your reply will be highly helpful. thank you....

Hi Kaushikar Sir,

4. what was the cut-off last year? how many students were called for interview process? how many were selected? what was the minimum percentile for which a candidate was finally selected?

i will try to attempt to answer some of your queries... we will o on answering as we go along....
application... hasnt been decided yet... but probably you will need to fill out a separate application which will be published on the iim indore website....
work experience is always good for an mba but its not mandatory
last year selection was on the basis of gmat and CAT... for GMAT, the cut off was 600 and CAT, it was 85... but this year it is expected to go much higher....
last year... around 97 applications were submitted, of which 45 got call for interview and more than 50% were rejected... selection and rejection of application is solely done by IIM indore... and interview was also conducted by the IIM faculty....

i hope i have addressed some of your queries.... we will keep you updated and try to answer other queries as well... as soon as possible...
Hi Kaushikar Sir,

i will try to attempt to answer some of your queries... we will o on answering as we go along....
application... hasnt been decided yet... but probably you will need to fill out a separate application which will be published on the iim indore website....
work experience is always good for an mba but its not mandatory
last year selection was on the basis of gmat and CAT... for GMAT, the cut off was 600 and CAT, it was 85... but this year it is expected to go much higher....
last year... around 97 applications were submitted, of which 45 got call for interview and more than 50% were rejected... selection and rejection of application is solely done by IIM indore... and interview was also conducted by the IIM faculty....

i hope i have addressed some of your queries.... we will keep you updated and try to answer other queries as well... as soon as possible...

Is this programme still on?

what's the placement scenario

Hmmm....not much activity here...can someone from IIM I through some light in this regard please ? IIM I have mentioned that they will not be facilitating the placement process..so it feels a bit dicey..lets see if there are any updates..

IIM Indore - the largest and the fastest growing IIM, last year decided to expand beyond geographical boundaries and as a result IIM Indore PGP at RAK was started. More details on the inauguration and the programme at

Indian Institute of Management Indore - ins news

This thread is intended to share the experiences of PGP 1 students at IIM Indore RAK,.. And also to serve as a platform for discussion on this programme,..

Basic Info:

The PGP at IIM I RAK is exactly similar to the PGP back in India in all aspects. The courses are same and the faculty come from IIM A, B and Indore on visit visas to conduct lectures. It is a residential program, with excellent hostel facilities. The college functions at GEM's (IIM I's logistic partner) building at RAK free zone. This course was started basically to tap huge potential in the middle east region where MBAs from reputed institutes are seldom easily available. And this course provides ample opportunities to conquer the middle east market.

We, PGP -1 students have completed term 1 and are halfway into term 2. Life has been full of amazing experiences after having joined this prestigious institute. More on this in the following threads!!

"The cat is tamed and the rat race has almost begun!!"

My Facebook Profile : Manoj Valsan | Facebook

Hi Kaushikar,

have some doubts:

1) How was the intern scenario this year
2)can you please throw some light on how is the hostel there and what is the food expenses there.

@suryashukla said: Hi Kaushikar,have some doubts:1) How was the intern scenario this year 2)can you please throw some light on how is the hostel there and what is the food expenses there.thanks
Correct me...plz ...if I'm wrong...
it should be what are the food expenses.....
and b4 that....the entire tense structure is wrong...
u already asked a ques..."can u please throw...." so how can u write the 2nd dependent clause in a question tag structure again?
it should be "....some light on the hostel conditions and on the food expenses there?"
P.S. I'm just worried...if I had read smthing wrong or wat...coz guys like u rnt supposed to make a mistake...right????????

any1 knows the fee structure and UAE stay-visa expenses for IIM Indore RAK college and placements ? avg pkg