LIFE @ IES(Indian Education Society) Bandra, Mumbai

Hi, I am Vipin Vijayan from Class 08-10. I will keep posting the latest in IES. News, Events and hot happenings. This is alternatively where things are posted http://iespgdm.blogspot.com/:cheerio:

Hi,

I am Vipin Vijayan from Class 08-10. I will keep posting the latest in IES.
News, Events and hot happenings.

This is alternatively where things are posted
http://iespgdm.blogspot.com/:cheerio:

Your link is not clickable because of the smilie getting appended to the URL.

PGuys,

This thread was not updated since a long time. Not because there was nothing happening but just I could not manage to find the time.
So coming straight to the topic.
The upcoming events are as follows

Udaan Its a Corporate Event.
Theme for the event is "CSR as a Strategic Imperative for Sustainable Development"
Date: 31st January 2009.

Then there are three conference lined up (Date: 1st Week of February)
Marketing Conference
HR Conference
Finance Conference

Udaan was on 5th March 2009. The guest list was huge about 27 Speakers / Panelists. Dignitaries included names like Azeez Khan Principal Secretary Industries Govt of Maharashtra.

Speakers/Panelists on that day
Mr. A.B.VaidyaPresident, IES MCRC
Welcome Speech
Ms. Meenal MohadikarPresident, MACCIA
Opening Remarks
Mr. Azeez Khan Principal Secretary, Industries, Government of Maharashtra
Chief Guest
Mr. Sushil Kumar JivrajkaChairman, FICCI - Western Region Council MD - Salora International Pvt. Ltd.
Guest of Honour
Mr. Sanjiv J. PhansalkarProgramme Leader, Sir Dorabji Tata Trust
Guest of Honour
Mr. Digvijay KapadiaSr. Vice-President, MACCIA
Vote of Thanks

Col. Prakash TewariHead - CSR and R&R;, Tata Power Company Ltd.
Mr. S.P. GathooExecutive Director - HRS, BPCL
Mr. Joseph ScariaHabitat for Humanity
Mr. Ashok SharmaDy. GM - HR, IPCA Labs
Mr. Ketan MehtaCity Co-ordinator for Mumbai, YUVA Unstoppable
Ms. Beroz VachaFounder Director & Consultant, Helen Keller Institute

Ms. Aditi Kare PanandikarDirector-Business Development & HRD, Indoco Remedies Ltd
Mr. Praful PhadkeBajaj Electricals
Mr. Ajay PitreMD, Sushrut Surgicals Pvt. Ltd.
Mr. Vinay SomaniFounder and Chief, Karmayog
Mr. Agnelorajesh N. AthaideCSR Practitioner

Mr. Subhash DandekarChairman Emeritus, Camlin
Chief Guest
Mr. Dileep S. ShevdeChief Executive - International Business
Guest of HonourDevelopment E&C;, L&T;
RECIPIENTS
Mr. K.V. SeshadriTrustee & Executive Secretary, GTL Foundation
Mr. Dharm RakshitHead - HR, Coca Cola
Mr. Ajay PitreMD, Sushrut Surgicals Pvt. Ltd.
Mr. Anthony LoboSr. Manager - HR & OD, TCS
Mr. Nishit KumarChildline India Foundation
MS. Nausheen AminRegional Co-ordinator, Syntel Pvt Ltd.
Mr. SarathArpan
Mr. Agnelorajesh N. AthaideCSR Practitioner

We could really get together the NGO's, Corporates, Rating agencies and Trusts together so that to have an interaction platform and as well as to learn from them. There were some candid acceptances from corporates who said they did not knew that there were rating agencies who existed, and that they were happy to know something like this. Some NGO's knew where to go for funds and

All kudos to Director Dinesh Harsolekar, Senior Prof Vijay Shahane and also to MACCIA who made the day.

Hi,

I am Vipin Vijayan from Class 08-10. I will keep posting the latest in IES.
News, Events and hot happenings.

This is alternatively where things are posted
http://iespgdm.blogspot.com/:cheerio:

Dear Vipin,
I need to know whether the IES rents it seminar halls for outsiders on Sundays. I am looking for a 100 seater to conduct a seminar on consultancy skills. Pls help
Dear Vipin,
I need to know whether the IES rents it seminar halls for outsiders on Sundays. I am looking for a 100 seater to conduct a seminar on consultancy skills. Pls help

Yes the halls are used for plays .... Recently Chanakya was played there....

Hey guys PGDM forms are out .....!!!
Its available at 4th Floor at admin office..

I'm Trying For PG-Pharma Mgt,So Can U Tell Me Topics Which I Can Choose 4m...
I've No Idea Abt It...
V've To Prepare Powerpoint CD & Computers/Laptop Vil B Provided Na...
TC.

I'm Trying For PG-Pharma Mgt,So Can U Tell Me Topics Which I Can Choose 4m...
I've No Idea Abt It...
V've To Prepare Powerpoint CD & Computers/Laptop Vil B Provided Na...
TC.

The topics was uploaded on the website during our time, this time pls chk the site for updates....
I did not chk it will post the link once I find it...

Hi Vipin,
I am interested in applying to PGDBM at IES.Can u throw some light
on the selection procedure - is the selection totally based on merit,
or most of the guys get in through back doors?

Hi Vipin,
I am interested in applying to PGDBM at IES.Can u throw some light
on the selection procedure - is the selection totally based on merit,
or most of the guys get in through back doors?

Most of us have joined through merit. I would rate IES as transparent institute. The culture is to abide by rules. But I believe as every institute IES has some management seats ...

HI VIPIN,
can u plzz help out wid the placement statistics 4 last yr???
n wats d status dis yr too???

Atleast U Can Temme...V've To Prepare Powerpoint CD & Computers/Laptop Vil B Provided Na...
I called up @ d Office,they told me No Topics vil b given,its personal choice...
can u plz interact wid Pharma-Mgt Students & lemme knw Some Topics so dat i can have fair idea & pple like me wil also benefit!
THANX!

vipin_vijayan9 Says
Most of us have joined through merit. I would rate IES as transparent institute. The culture is to abide by rules. But I believe as every institute IES has some management seats ...

Thanks Vipin for your prompt reply, I will go ahead and apply. My concern stems from the fact that in most colleges PGDBM admissions are hardly based on merit. I have had some shocking experiences in the past.
HI VIPIN,
can u plzz help out wid the placement statistics 4 last yr???
n wats d status dis yr too???

It was 100% for last year. For this year it has been a rolling placement season and some students are still to be placed.
Atleast U Can Temme...V've To Prepare Powerpoint CD & Computers/Laptop Vil B Provided Na...
I called up @ d Office,they told me No Topics vil b given,its personal choice...
can u plz interact wid Pharma-Mgt Students & lemme knw Some Topics so dat i can have fair idea & pple like me wil also benefit!
THANX!

Hi Deepika,

Last year we were given topics. You can select any topic that you like. I think this is because even profs get tired (sick) hearing the same thing again. I would suggest you can come with your ppt (MS Office 2003 format). All classes have a computer with LCD connected so dont worry abt that. you dont need to carry laptop etc. You can get your presentations in a pen drive (USB) or Cd as you wish. Hope this helps
sudhanshu_82 Says
Thanks Vipin for your prompt reply, I will go ahead and apply. My concern stems from the fact that in most colleges PGDBM admissions are hardly based on merit. I have had some shocking experiences in the past.

Hey man,
Been there for 2 yrs and felt tat... Seen people paying money to get pg seats.!!!!So its understood.
THANX!

Hi,

This is the ppt which I had used. Hope this helps ...!!!
vipin_vijayan9 Says
It was 100% for last year. For this year it has been a rolling placement season and some students are still to be placed.

thanx 4 d info vipin....can plzz throw some light on d lowest,avg n highest placements