Life@ IBS-Gurgaon

hello the pg junta this thread is being started to provide information on the happenings @ icfai gurgaon as well as answer any queries/doubts u guys may have abt our much misunderstood institute… :: this is abhishek from the placements co…

hello the pg junta this thread is being started to provide information on the happenings @ icfai gurgaon as well as answer any queries/doubts u guys may have abt our much misunderstood institute...

this is abhishek from the placements council and we will have the student council as well as other students/alumuni pitch in as and when required.

To begin on a positive note our placements@2007 batch are already underway and 112 students are already placed in 3 days.....thts almost batchsize of an institute(though we have batchstrength of 450 here).....we have had companies like ICICI,KOTAK GROUP,GE MONEY,TCS and D.E SHAW just to name a few-with others like SATYAM,GOOGLE,HDF,UTI etc in the pipeline for coming weeks.....highest package has been 7.5L and lowest 4L.......

obviously it is not the institute to aim for....and we wont advice one to take up ibs-g if any better options r thr....bt overall it has been a gr8 experience for all of us here.

any queries please feel free to put up.

regards
abhishek shah
placements representative
batch 2006-2008
icfai gurgaon

Is it 7.5 or 7.1 , Bhai....D.E. SHAW naa

And yes as far as I know, ( I knw well u see) 7.1 includes incentive. So, make ur facts clear or post correct data.

Ciao

Waise, I can say its an impressive start to the placement season, and being the Leader runner u guys deserve accolades.

Good work pal..

Ciao

Is it 7.5 or 7.1 , Bhai....D.E. SHAW naa

And yes as far as I know, ( I knw well u see) 7.1 includes incentive. So, make ur facts clear or post correct data.

Ciao

hiii ritesh ur knowledge is not at doubt here....

abt d e shaw like every company thy have a CTC which includes various components including incentives.......thts obvious.

well i co-ordinated the d e shaw process and yes the ctc with the min incentive comes to 7.1L (6.6+.5)....and it can go upto 7.5L.

hope tht makes the FACTS CLEAR and the DATA CORRECT.

note-however we will have an official stats once the entire interview process is over.....so till thn i can give the unofficial figures only.....soo lets nt crib abt a 10 k + - 😃
Waise, I can say its an impressive start to the placement season, and being the Leader runner u guys deserve accolades.

Good work pal..

Ciao

yups thts right its a beginning well made and we r keeping our fingers crossed......wht abt [email protected] does the process begin and who are there in ur placements council there?
hiii ritesh ur knowledge is not at doubt here....

abt d e shaw like every company thy have a CTC which includes various components including incentives.......thts obvious.

well i co-ordinated the d e shaw process and yes the ctc with the min incentive comes to 7.1L (6.6+.5)....and it can go upto 7.5L.

hope tht makes the FACTS CLEAR and the DATA CORRECT.

note-however we will have an official stats once the entire interview process is over.....so till thn i can give the unofficial figures only.....soo lets nt crib abt a 10 k + - :)

Hi,

I wont contest, ur post here. Although, I dont think I was wrong.

Anyways, our placements starts in october normally, but our placement week is in initial part of January .

We have a placement committee as u guys have, and I dont think anyone of them is a "PAGAL" certified student......

So, what other companies are u expecting in near future.....

well ritesh i never said u were wrong....it is 7.1L as u rightly said bt thn it can go upto 7.5L with max incentives.....n 7.5L is the CTC....

we r expecting loads of companies in the coming weeks as we still have abt 350 to b placed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well ritesh i never said u were wrong....it is 7.1L as u rightly said bt thn it can go upto 7.5L with max incentives.....n 7.5L is the CTC....

we r expecting loads of companies in the coming weeks as we still have abt 350 to b placed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Abhishek,

All the best pal. My best wishes to all ICFAI Gurgaon gals ( & boys 😃 for superb placements ahead.....

Ciao

Hi All

I am interested in joining ICFAI' s Full time MBA Programme at Gurgaon and will be appearing in the entrance exam this year.
I have several doubts wrt this B School which are:
1. It is mentioned that all the students enrolled for full time MBA program will be awarded PG Diploma in Business Management and then later they will be awarded MBA on completion of Distance Learning so does it mean that every student who is admitted in the full time programme will automatically be enrolled
for the distance learning programme. If so then in total how many certificates will be awarded ?
(Like in Correspondance MBA programme there are three certificates).
2. The total fees mentioned for the programme sums up to 6.5 Lakhs (Approx.) does this include Hostel fees also?
Also is there a hostel for students at the Gurgaon Campus or not.
3. What is the cutoff percentile (in ISBAT ) to get a call from the Gurgaon Branch of ICFAI.
I request you to kindly clarify on these doubts so that I can go ahead

Please Reply Soon.
Fateh Najamuddin

Hi All

I am interested in joining ICFAI' s Full time MBA Programme at Gurgaon and will be appearing in the entrance exam this year.
I have several doubts wrt this B School which are:
1. It is mentioned that all the students enrolled for full time MBA program will be awarded PG Diploma in Business Management and then later they will be awarded MBA on completion of Distance Learning so does it mean that every student who is admitted in the full time programme will automatically be enrolled
for the distance learning programme. If so then in total how many certificates will be awarded ?
(Like in Correspondance MBA programme there are three certificates).
2. The total fees mentioned for the programme sums up to 6.5 Lakhs (Approx.) does this include Hostel fees also?
Also is there a hostel for students at the Gurgaon Campus or not.
3. What is the cutoff percentile (in ISBAT ) to get a call from the Gurgaon Branch of ICFAI.
I request you to kindly clarify on these doubts so that I can go ahead

Please Reply Soon.
Fateh Najamuddin

1. you are right.one will be awarded one autonomous diploma and another will be an MBA certificate through ICFAI DEHRADHUN(under UGC). which means it will be a full time masters degree(not just equivalent to as in case of AICTE approved diploma's)...this is done to facilitate government posting and further education viz P.h.d etc.

2.i think the fees has increased this yr onwards.we had 5.5L(including laptops).i think u guys will have it increased by 1L to 6.5L again including laptops(we got amazing DELL laptops )......so i guess living cost isnt included there-but since i havent seen the new brouchure plez do callup @ icfai admin and confirm the same.

hostels are there only for girls(and what lovely ones! its called CELEBRITY SUITS,has swimming pools and gyms and is exactly opposite to the campus.....our new campus-its beautifull,wi-fi and all tht stuff ).

3. cutoff....errrrr no1 can tell u tht as thts never disclosed-actually thr is nothing like cutoff for icfai as thy dont focuss much on written scores alone....ur presentation,interview,work ex,acads everthing is weighted bfre u r selected.....bt believe me its not v difficult to get into icfai-the difficult thing is to get in and thn excell at it.

hope i was able to answer ur queries.....any more get going 😃

abhishek

Hello Abhishesk,

Thanks yar for your useful information.

So, I wanted a little more information like

How is the Campus Recruitment Scenario at ICFAI Gurgaon. You must be knowing the sest since you are the placements representative.

Is there 100% Recruitment or not.

How is the faculty there? How is the work pressure there , like how many subjects on an
average u had in one semester.

Also if there is no Hostel facility then where do the boys students stay generally.
Or is there some new Hostel being built around the Campus of ICFAI Gurgaon.

Please Reply Soon,
Fateh

Hello Abhishesk,

Thanks yar for your useful information.

So, I wanted a little more information like

How is the Campus Recruitment Scenario at ICFAI Gurgaon. You must be knowing the sest since you are the placements representative.

Is there 100% Recruitment or not.

How is the faculty there? How is the work pressure there , like how many subjects on an
average u had in one semester.

Also if there is no Hostel facility then where do the boys students stay generally.
Or is there some new Hostel being built around the Campus of ICFAI Gurgaon.

Please Reply Soon,
Fateh

hi fateh,

yes i have been closely associated with the placements process for our seniors batch and take my advise that placemnts should not b ur area of focuss as first focuss on good education and these things will follow.

aise we have 100% placement(whatevr that means!!!)...placements r decent and rest assured tht thr is no dearth of oppurtunities.u can go through the website and click on placemnts and ull find detailed list with sudent name/company name and designation-thts quiete detailed.i also have given u an idea of the kind of salary levels.

faculty is like some r amazing some avrge and some not worth speaking of-like in evry other institutes-bt u get an equal share of the gr8 good and bad ones as thy keep on rotating every semesters.

work pressure is huge-get used to sleeping less and researching more team work plays a crucial part and we use case studies extensively to facilitate learning.bt its up to u.even if u dont work much-no1 will tell u anything.....we have 8 subjects per semester evry 4 months....

guys stay in pg's/pvt hostels nearby the campus-loads of them as gurgaon is a bpo hub and most pple here r outsiders......

Hello Abhishek,

Nice hearing from your side.
Let me introduce myself , I am currently working as Associate IT Consultant at ITC Infotech , in Bangalore and want to purse full time MBA.
I have done BE (Computer Science) from COER.

After your useful information I have decided to go ahead with writing ISBAT this year.

But before that I want a few more information :

1. The one thing that I have infered from ur talk is that there is a trimester system at ICFAI.

1.5 What is the percentage of engineers at Gurgaon ICFAI Center.(Like Approx.)

2. The MBA which is awarded through ICFAI DEHRADHUN is awarded at the end of the two year course (Along with PGDM) or for that one has to continue distance education for some more time with ICFAI.

3. Also buddy just out of curiosityI wanted to know is that what is the minimum GPA that is to be maintaned. How tough is it to maintain this minimum GPA.

And is there a real risk of being asked to go if one is not able to maintain that GPA .
Do u know any such cases at ICFAI , Gurgaon.

Please be frank in replying to this.

Kindly Reply Soon,
Fateh

Hi Abhishek,

Please Reply Soon..............

Fateh

Hello Abhishek,

Nice hearing from your side.
Let me introduce myself , I am currently working as Associate IT Consultant at ITC Infotech , in Bangalore and want to purse full time MBA.
I have done BE (Computer Science) from COER.

After your useful information I have decided to go ahead with writing ISBAT this year.

But before that I want a few more information :

1. The one thing that I have infered from ur talk is that there is a trimester system at ICFAI.

1.5 What is the percentage of engineers at Gurgaon ICFAI Center.(Like Approx.)

2. The MBA which is awarded through ICFAI DEHRADHUN is awarded at the end of the two year course (Along with PGDM) or for that one has to continue distance education for some more time with ICFAI.

3. Also buddy just out of curiosityI wanted to know is that what is the minimum GPA that is to be maintaned. How tough is it to maintain this minimum GPA.

And is there a real risk of being asked to go if one is not able to maintain that GPA .
Do u know any such cases at ICFAI , Gurgaon.

Please be frank in replying to this.

Kindly Reply Soon,
Fateh

hiii fateh,

1.yes its tri-sem system...dnt have data on % of engineers.....but its nt as much as in the IIM's...must be arnd 50-50.

2. its awarded along with the diploma....at the end of the two years.

3.min CGPA req is 5.5.....very difficult nont to get that

regards

Thanks Abhishek for all the information given....

If I have some other doubts then will surely contact you....

Fateh

Hi Abhishek,

I wanted to know is that whether ICFAI Gurgaon conducts interviews and GD at other centers like Bangalore also or Not.

That if a Candidate gets call frm ICFAI Gurgaon, then will he have to come all the way to Gurgaon to give the interview or is it like Interviews r conducted at other centers also.

Kindly Reply Soon,

Fateh

Hi Abhishek,

I wanted to know is that whether ICFAI Gurgaon conducts interviews and GD at other centers like Bangalore also or Not.

That if a Candidate gets call frm ICFAI Gurgaon, then will he have to come all the way to Gurgaon to give the interview or is it like Interviews r conducted at other centers also.

Kindly Reply Soon,

Fateh

initerview process is centralised @ hyderabad and it will b the same for 2007 intake too i think....so guess u have to visit hydbd for the same once u get a call.

Hi Abhishek,

I hope u r fine and doing well at ICFAI.

Well I am about to give the IBSAT exam this coming sunday as I am interested in joining ICFAI Gurgaon.

I wanted to know the ratio of Freshers : Non-freshers at your center of ICFAI as overall or atleast for your batch.

If there are considerable experienced people then from which stream are they like engineering/accounts etc.

Since I have work experience and am not fresh from college so this data will be of great
sigbificance for me.

So kindly reply soon.

Fateh.