Life@GIM (Goa Institute of Management)

Hey Gimians .. Explore GIM B-School beyond classroom.

1 Like

Hey Gimians ..
This is the thread which I always wanted

Edited by Oxymoron: To maintain consistency in thread titles for "Life@Bschool " series

Guys
We are finally at GIM .... Its been so long we have been living an dreaming GIM ... and I am so so elated on being here .. great people from all over India .... then the orkut guys coming together .. last but not the least the puys ....

Being a Puy is the perfect icebreaker .... and instead of names we introduced each other with our pg I.D
The feeling right now in the hostel is of elation ... ppl are so happy to be at GIM.. People who were slightly skeptical ... are thanking their stars , that they made the right decision ..

About Goa ... what better place than goa to have an education .. When I first came to Goa .... just fell in love with the place .. felt as If I am in a foreign land .. and life here has its own sweet pace .. this is the monsoon season here ....so humid ... rather very humid ..

We guys havent yet got the laptops as of now .. will take some time ... so would be using rather bugging the seniors for their laptops .....
I am at the O.T Hostel of GIM , and man its such a happening place , with a roomie who composes his own music .. , and one who has a fetish for the gym .. so life is good ... we play music .. go to the Gym .. so my tummy will be in check

Daily we go for long walks at night by the serene river mandovi ... sometimes even taking a ferry ride ( it's free)...went to the beach .. clicked some wonderful pics ... and also went for a movie ... the halls here are very very different ... and as I go to bombay wuite often .. so wasnt surprised on seeing the national anthem being played before the start of the movie .. and as I type , I have heard that HP ,as a laptop has been finalised ..

will keep more posts pouring in from other puys and would try my best to bring more guys to pg ...

Gim rocks so does pg

regards

shailesh
1 Like
hail GIM
finally the day has came whwn i am a part of a ivy B school and man the prep classes have give a nice trailor of what might come in the coming time..:( ..but as aspire has said this place is awsome and its beauty make it stand a cut above..hope v all hav a grt time out here in GIM..:grab:

besties,

-----------------------------------
"Acumen in natures lap"

life at GIM...
its jus rockin man..4m joe 2 jaggu..4m gene 2 ot...4m gym 2 mandovi..its nothin short of sensational...now i had realisd wat it takes to b in GIM...jus look at d profiles of our batchmates..all r really talented n exp.guys..but man dey all r really cool..gr8 2 b among these guys.......

1 Like
Hial GIM,
@srk u didnt mention the renovated admin block..man it looks good..and with the a/c done it has gone a tremendous lift..hats off to our Director..he has done a wonderful job..and with more funds being sanctioned GIM would do more wonders.!:grab:
finally guys best of luck for the first class of the B School..!!

besties,
-----------------------------------
"Acumen in natures lap"

Hi guys ,
Its been quite a few days , sinc ewe landed up here ..we had some preperatory quant classes .. and then we had our orientation classes ...

The director Prof Lima gave the welcome note , ad introduced each faculty ..Then we had individual sessions of orientations on time management , hostel, laptops , placements .. a din the end we had a presentation by saurav goyal rather our very own goyal_saurav on some project that they have in hand .. It was great to see teamwork from the very onset ...

The maturity with the seniors were handling it ... the way they were putting forward their case and expectations . made me realize what a lot I need to do to improve myself ..

Ours is a compact campus , saves us time .. with everything quite closeby ... all amenities are provided ... canteen serves excellent food , which is a rariy anyhwere .. we have representatives .. who pull up the mess guy like anything in case of any complaints .....
The only thing thats pinching me is the laptop .. it will be available by the 8th of july .. The college has finalised the HP NX6310 dual core laptop for us at 51152 rs ... 1.66ghz 512mb ram , 60gb sata harddisk, 15"screen , 512 mb pendrive , dvd combo ,6in 1 card reader , blue tooth , wireless b/g

Its a very good deal that we have got , the market price of this config is anywhere between 65 to 68k......

will post more

p.s srk4u must be 6feet 4 atleast .. a complete hunk ... my guess is that the real srk , will have a complex on meeting him

regards

shailesh

Happi's post reminded me of posting this , The director has got around 2 crores from the industry for GIM , has done a complete facelift of the institute , while still maintaining the traditional looks of the instiute building , which is nearly 400 years old ... atleast 100 ac were installed ... a new hostel is also under construction....The faculty rooms are just awesome

So nice to see you people so happy at GIM.
It is a pleasure having you guys here though I am still to meet most of you. Even the PGites..

hi puys...
one week spent at GIM
oh man....wat an exp....and we still have to goto the best beaches in Goa....so one can imagine that the best is still to come...

our batch is a unique batch...in the sense, we have hard core musicians....as aspire mentioned, we have a composer from delhi.....then we have a singer from euphoria (though she has left that band now), but she already has performed in 2 tracks from their latest album "mehfuz"...

and then there r these world cup freaks (thank god all the matches r telecast from late evenings onwards)....otherwise, we wud have had a tough time in making a choice btwn classes and matches!!

mandovi actually makes this place look heavenly.....u can really make that out whenever u take a ride in the ferry....

hope all weeks r as rocking as we have had so far....

smiles,
Tapan.

something more 2 cheer for...GIM directors interview on pg finally...:)
Arre Dosyon Mai Bhi aa Gaya
I was so lost in the serene n tranquil surroundings here that i forgot PG n Orkut n all...Arrived here on 21st...and have got room in ADMIN:) 😃
Some ppl hav got the perception ki OT ke samne to kuch hai hi nahin ..but as i m living in ADMIN hostel for past 8 days..they are one of the most spacious n cool rooms at GIM
Life here is pretty cool..Classes have started and the college is bustling at breakfast,lunch n dinner times..Almost all the seniors hav arrived..so there are 240 ppl at GIM right now..maza aa raha hai..
Introduction with seniors goes on till 1 or 2 in the morning..
In short..Loving my life here...
GIM rocks Man..

hey guyz..
one week into GIM...and i am already having the feel that MBA is all but not easy..man each day a case study is lined up..with more to come in coming days..and added to this 8 subjects in a trimester..dude,btech was hell lot easy..but still all this has its own charm...i was reminded of what my faculty at mba coaching had said "Getting into mba college is one thing and geting out with degree is another"...how true she was...!!newayz..panga liye hai to poora kar ke hi maanenge!..:grab:

besties,

-----------------------------
"smooth seas dont make good sailors"

hey guyz..
one week into GIM...and i am already having the feel that MBA is all but not easy..man each day a case study is lined up..with more to come in coming days..and added to this 8 subjects in a trimester..dude,btech was hell lot easy..but still all this has its own charm...i was reminded of what my faculty at mba coaching had said "Getting into mba college is one thing and geting out with degree is another"...how true she was...!!newayz..panga liye hai to poora kar ke hi maanenge!..:grab:

besties,

-----------------------------
"smooth seas dont make good sailors"

So very true , each and every word that aman has said ... and to add to it ,he is the giy who is in the good books of all the teachers .. becoz of his excellent cp ... every member of our class is impressed by him .. coz of the points he raises ...

now abt me .. having a torrid time .. have recovered from viral ... man life while working was so good .. u could do anything u want .. so much freedom .. u just had to be accountable to urself ...

here life has become topsy turvy .. too many assignments , case studies. that too without a lptop at our disposal.. will be getting it by the 7th ....
I am doing decent enough till now , some classes are really hard to follow , specially the eco .. I being an engineer, has a natural dislike for the subject , inspite of having a very good professor for the same ... will be getting some books on eco .. and start putting in a decent effort ...

tommorrow intend to see superman and have dinner out ...

life is hard at gim... and we need to work harder to survive .. and come out with flying colours ... which we all shall

regards

shailesh

hi guyz,
finally the first week has came to an end..man now i realize how the life of a manager would b after the mba...sunday and no lectures is like a blessing now!and all of the batch seems to be happy abt it..every one would b venturing out for beaches,movie..etc..have a nice time guyz!..but do remember u hav a truck load of assignment wating for u when u come back!!!!!!!!!

besties,

-----------------------------------------
"the world is the way u look at it"

I must admit that the baton has been passed. As a kid we were told stories that times used to cme when the kings in the olden dynasties used to pass on the baton to the younger generation.

Though i must refrain myself from using the wrd younger, but i must say a lovely batch. And guys u are really doing a great job. On a personal scale, i must thank aspire and co. for the thread and their contributions. I guess u guys will take us to greater heights and will handle the queries in an more efficient and judicious manner than we handled. Kudos to the batch of 2006-08.

Looks like my stint with PG gonna cme to an end pretty soon. But its really nice to see the younger guns blazing all corners..

I must admit that the baton has been passed. As a kid we were told stories that times used to cme when the kings in the olden dynasties used to pass on the baton to the younger generation.

Looks like my stint with PG gonna cme to an end pretty soon. But its really nice to see the younger guns blazing all corners..

Hey Saurav....
I dont think you are that kinda person whos is goin to retire ...
You have helped us a lot from the times wen we were contemplating on filling up the GIM form..and u hav guided us throughout..u ,prashant patel,prashant ojha,girish etc helped us a lot..:) 😃
Just thinking of spending a gr8 yr ahead with u guys..
u will be our mentor always..

how come this thread came to an abrupt stop? seems aspire and peace & co is really busy with the studies...

guys u ppl could have mentioned today's party here...we gonna rock Candolim tonite!!!

keep writing!!!

cheers

Hey!!
got my laptop today , and here comes my first post on pg from my lappy .. a beautiful machine ...
got my midterms in 48 hrs so wont be able to write much .. and yes sachinisgod... should have mentioned abt the party at the vanilla lounge ... it was mindblowing ...

will do so later

regards

shailesh

aspire| Says
Hey!!got my laptop today , and here comes my first post on pg from my lappy .. a beautiful machine ...

Boy, isn aspire happy.. Bhai jabse lappie aaya hai, hamare ping ka jawab hi nahi dete hain...Nw that lappies are back, lets rock PG

|aspire Says
got my midterms in 48 hrs so wont be able to write much ..

So wat, i guess the better part abt Mid Terms or End Terms, no assignments and presentations yaar.. What more do you want in life..

regards

shailesh

Some things never change.........

Hic hic hic

Guess nw i can sign off by using this name

"Boeing"