LIFE@ FORE School Of Management

Know about the Life, Day to Day activities, Events , Experiences and so on happening at FORE School Of Management.

This thread is only for the freshers and not for the sirs and madams who have passed out .
When u enter the MBA college u have certain expectationsand curiosity

I am writing this article to elucidate on my college which is so scarcely known and people who know it has many misconceptions!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I study at FORE (its in New Delhi) and to be very honest I myself had not heard about the college about a year before. And I was not willing to accept anything below top 10 at that time forget FORE which comes at 20-25 according to ranks
(By the way srew the cosmode and all other rankings that has placed FORE at 11th rank).
Then why did I joined FORE..I would say I didnt had much options
Whatever may be the reason /// now I am at FORE.

SO how is FORE or How do I find FORE?

I like my college and I am very happy with it

The greatest strength of the college is its faculty.
TO brief up we have
Mr. B.K
Ed. D. (Northern Illinois).
25 years at IIM-C
Ex-Director of IIM-C
Ex-Director of IMT-G
Friend of President of China
Advisor of Malaysias Ex-President
Associated with Indian Government
President of various boards
And millions other things that I dont remember
In short simply awesome
Mr. K.L.C
Nominated for noble (economics) thats what my seniors told me
Still pissed that he had to wait for 5 years for Bajaj scooter in 1970s .
Still pissed that Indian government supported PSU too long
http://www.fsm.ac.in/fore/faculty/profile.php?fi=85

Mr. S.C
B.E. (Elec.), M.Tech. (Comp. Sc.), IIT Kanpur; Ph.D. (Comp. Sc.), University of Georgia, USA
Prior to joining FORE, he was Professor in the area of Information Technology at IIM Lucknow for about 10 years. Worked in USA, UK and Canada in reputed organizations.
Mr. S.R.S
Senior Faculty(Marketing) in Management Training Institute-Staff College of SAIL (7 years), Professor in Marketing at Management Development Institute, Gurgaon (5 years) and Indian Institute of Management, Indore.
All the seniors are always chanting his name.
I didnt had the pleasure of interacting with him (fortunately) but he is gonna teach me in 2nd trimester.
And there are tonnes of other teachers with tons of degrees
http://www.fsm.ac.in/fore/faculty/index.php

As far as infra is considered its not that good but the college is developing a world class infra in Gurgaon. Our college would cover about 50,000 sq feet.
The Seniors are quite helpful and always ready to support us with whatever resources they have.
Its a tradition to give ur juniors a fresher party that they will remember their entire life
I never had any welcome the way I had at FORE.

The placements are good ---almost 100%.

With in hand salary to be ranging from 20-30k.(avg)
This year we had all the top consulting firms.
The biggest drawback is that it not a residential college.
The quality of ur batchmates wont be exactly great.
The ratio of gal:boys is almost 1:1
Now thats a good or bad thing depends upon individuals.
I would like to say that keep Fore atleast as a backup if not priority
I would like to say its up to an individuals perception how he sees things there may be millions other who would disagree with meI dont give a damn about them.
Website www.fsm.ac.in
@ramdeo_baba: Kindly edit your post and make it more presentable. Right now it is occupying too much space with too less an info. Have changed the title and have moved it to the appropriate sub-forum. The cynic in me wants to congratulate you for getting into the PR department of your college but my cynicism is not exactly reliable of late :whatthat:
That apart if you want to pitch up a strong reason for junta to join FORE you can be assured we would expect a little more than mere statistics(I *almost* added redundant..) which can be looked up from the net.:) We would prefer an insider perspective...hopefully unbiased and if you venture to give that you might see more questions flowing into this thread....else am afraid this would go as just another advertising thread..:)

Girish...!

p.s. I am presuming the objective of the thread is to delineate the life at the institute...if not pm me abt the objective of the thread and the needful shall be done.

I can bet the Original Poster hasn't really gone through many of the old threads in which people have almost made glorifying their b-school into an art....I guess he's still very early into the act...All da best m8

Cheers

I can bet the Original Poster hasn't really gone through many of the old threads in which people have almost made glorifying their b-school into an art....I guess he's still very early into the act...All da best m8

Cheers

with all due to respect sir i would only like to say that please read the thread once again carefully and u'll find that i have been very straight forward in assessing my college. I have raised both positive and negative points

its strange that youve asked your "sirs n madams" to stay out....
lessons learned that perhaps shouldnt come out??
me,id like to hear their views....

its strange that youve asked your "sirs n madams" to stay out....
lessons learned that perhaps shouldnt come out??
me,id like to hear their views....

well i started the thread with the title "freshers hows ur college" but moderators changed the title and shifted the thread because of obvious reasons
i wul like to edit the post but that option is not available as their is EDIT option
ramdeo_baba Says
their is EDIT option

sorry i meant NO edit option
It seems that all the 1st year students are busy completing their ECO assignment therefore they have no time to post
Well i completed and submitted my assignment before the midterms
my 1st post was vague as it was written after the QT paper
obviously i was dizzy

here is some more info

The most impressive feature of this institute is its faculty- the USP of FORE. added to this is regular visits from eminent luminaries of corporate globe. The classes and guest lectures are immensely and go a long way in shaping ones life.
Students from diverse backgrounds and different cultures,

The majority being engineers
The rigorous schedule and structured course material turn naive wannabe MBAs into hardcore professionals.

The library is cool and maintained by very efficient staff. Its open 7 days a week.

There are numerous online databases and Harvard Business Review too

Like every B school, life at FORE is a mixed bag of loads of fun and frolic on one hand and of course assignments, cases, presentations and submission on the other.
You dont get 0 for copying but negative 10.

Classes start at 9:15 (for 1st year) if u r late by even a second u have to stay outside
The classes are up to 1:15

The most exciting part for me being the guest lectures almost every week by corporate leaders.

There are various committees like FAN (fore alumini network)
CID (corporate interaction devision) FCD(Fore carrier division) Nexus(cultural committee) Think Tank(quiz)

The computer lab have about 60-70 comps.The lab is open from 9am to 9pm
7 days a week

Recently our midterms have finished and we have realized how serous are they about keeping the quality high.

Well pal ......can u give a more clear picture about the Placements at FORE... what about the PPL with 2 yrs of experince ,.....in IT field ...what kind of salary can they expect......??? it will be great if u can give idea abt the Placements ..as in highest package offered .....

lsat year the placements were great with Top consulting firms and banks pickin up the students

Some of the companies that came were
E&Y;
Mckinsey
Citi Bank
Icici
Fcb Ulka
Asian Paints
Pantloons
HSBC
Vertex
Pipal research

and lots more that i dont remember

the highest package i think went for 6-8 laks

People with work ex get priority
it depends upon company to company what they value ur workex for
and what u learnt while working

TCS would get a lot of priority to a person with two years of work ex it IT

Thats sounds prety good.........It will be gr8 if u keep on updating with other imp info ........Well after u r comments ......FORE has suerly come in my list of colgs i will be applying..... Can u tell me abt the kind of percentile ...FORE looks for sending calls for GD/PI..... i mean what is the least/.......

anees Says
Thats sounds prety good.........It will be gr8 if u keep on updating with other imp info ........Well after u r comments ......FORE has suerly come in my list of colgs i will be applying..... Can u tell me abt the kind of percentile ...FORE looks for sending calls for GD/PI..... i mean what is the least/.......

Try to clear all the sections and maintain a decent percentile overall

if u have workex dont worry about the lowest percentile

Hi ...thanx for a prompt reply......
But friend ..it will be Really helpfull if u can just give a ittle idea abt the Kind of percentile FORE sends CALL at... U mentioned DESCENT . now that ,means an OCEAN changing its meaning from COLEG to COLEG. I guess u would have got my point......... leme put it this way...i have a friend who got a cal at 80+ percentile and he mmentioned to me abt a person who had CAl at 75 Percentile...( May be tat fella had a experience) ......NOW what i m expecting from u is to give some kind more specific coz u be knowing abt the kind of Pecentile U r batch mates have.
Thanx once again

Let me once again emphasise on the fact that to get a call u need to clear all the sections :wow:
now, i cannot give u section specific cutoff cause that's not possible for me

the guys from non work ex have cat percentile from 99+ to 80+

and guys with workex (from 6 months to 4 years )

the percentile goes as low as 75+ and in some sp cases 70+

a large no. are engg (me too)
with a good mix of all the backgrounds

Thanx yar......for info.....it would b very heplfull...not only for me but so many others who planning to apply for FORE.......
So ppl we expect calls at 75+ provided we have a consideralble work x.
Pal keep on Updating us wid info regarding FORE .
thanx once again.

Today was the first day of our second term and we had the heaviest heavyweight of FSM give us our first lecture abt his subject :grab:
having taught at Kellogs and iimi he is obviously one of the most reverred guys in campus.
then we also had lecture from our program director who teaches us OM
he has 20 years of work ex and has been associated with many MNCs
he has clearly said he his gonna tell only practical stuff.........

the second term is the most difficult term of our entire course with people sleeping only for few hours a week :wow:

i'll try my best to keep satisfying any enquiry

Wow thats a peice to share ...........So boy u must be workin hard ,......Hmmmmmm

Just 3 hrs of sleep ...now tats what scares shit out of me.............
Yar ....this job has made me so JOBLESS..........
I wonder how i m gona get my self up n running once i get in some B school....
HEy pal....u R really doing a gr8 job by sharing information.....
Keep that goood n Gr8 work going!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow thats a peice to share ...........So boy u must be workin hard ,......Hmmmmmm

Just 3 hrs of sleep ...now tats what scares shit out of me.............
Yar ....this job has made me so JOBLESS..........
I wonder how i m gona get my self up n running once i get in some B school....
HEy pal....u R really doing a gr8 job by sharing information.....
Keep that goood n Gr8 work going!!!!!!!!!!!

u'll get used to the stuff once u r in
and if u r thick skinned u can afford to sleep as long as u want

so don't be scared of the hard work

u'll love it

btw just came from the party and goin to another one

placements has started with ICICI comin in mid nov
salary offered 5.2 Lakhs
designation Assisant manager