Life @ FMS MBA-MS(South Campus)

Heya all… We know its quite late in the day to start this thread…and when we say “late”, its not about this academic year…its about the 4 years of our existence… Agreed that we cant go back on time, but be rest assured, hencefor…

Heya all....

We know its quite late in the day to start this thread.....and when we say "late", its not about this academic year....its about the 4 years of our existence...
Agreed that we cant go back on time, but be rest assured, henceforth we are going to keep you all updated on a regular basis to make up for the time we have lost.

Now again, a separate thread is being started for life @ FMS-MBA(MS) because the flagship MBA course and the MBA(MS) course operate from 2 different campuses. Hence, the daily activities here at the South Campus are a bit different from the ones that takes place in the North Campus.

We are just the 4th batch on campus and we must say that we love this place. Right from the South Campus which itself is a misfit with the hustle and bustle of Delhi, to our college building which has an age old charm attached to it, everything about the place has made us feel a sense of belonging to it.
This thread is being started right in the middle of our sem exams....But then this sort of "uncertainty' and "unpredictability" is what makes life out here so enjoyable...

Its said that all major inventions are an outcome of experiments. We are an experiment too and we have full faith in the institution of FMS and Delhi University that they will make this experiment a success(If its not one already!!!)

P.S: Keep a tab on this thread to get a detailed description of what this campus is all about and the activities that have taken place in the past few months

Regards,
Riddhi

Gr8 man to seeu guys havin a nice time...BTW how much of an interactiion with ppl from Venki and MFC,do u guys have??? n now tht summers must b over fr u guys, u ppl wd kindaaa remain free fr d next 1.5 yrs( m jealous)......ATB fr ur exams

What a time to start the thread
Right in the midst of Sem Exams..with stage I (i.e. pre diwali break) of the exams being over..Have a break of 4 days before we face the next continuous set of papers

Many of the Hosteliers have taken max benefit of this gap and headed to their or their Guardian's places to enjoy the festivities...
& its getting chillier each passing day here in the lush green south campus making it all the more difficult to keep awake to prepare for the exams

@dddd : Hey sood.....great to hear from u after a long time...
Ya dude....summers are over...just waiting for the papers to end to get back to our extra curricular life!!!!
As for interaction with other courses, we do interact quite a bit with the guys from MBE....

Heya Maulin...I cant agree with u more dude...Its been cloudy since morning and its turning terribly cold now with the rains in the afternoon....
Just back from distributing sweets and gifts to the college staff....must say, the happiness and gratitude on their face made my day :)

Regards,
Riddhi

Updates as of 11th November, 2007:

1) The students on campus had a nice time celebrating Diwali by lighting diyas and bursting crackers.
The seniors made a beautiful pattern with all the candles and diyas which resembled "FMS". The photograph would be uploaded shortly

2) On behalf of the student body, gifts and sweets were distributed to all the college staff right from people in the administration to the sweepers.

3) Right now, all the 1st yr students are sitting in their rooms preparing for their Accounts paper tomm....and here I am, having left all hope, updating ppl on PG about life at FMS-MBA(MS)....Man, I love this place or what!!!!:)

Regards,
Riddhi

hi.....
i wanna know how different it is frm FMS MBA program in north campus.
wat are the cut offs like.....
and i hav heard that FMS gives lot of importance to profile is it true.....
plz guide..

Hey all,

Here are a couple of pics of the Diwali celebration in campus.

Regards,
Riddhi

Update as on 12th November

Had our accounts exam today. Seems it was an easy test..Couldn't disagree or disapprove more. :(:shock:. well the chilly weather continued. we had a spot of sunshine in the afternoon which the test did not fail to dampen. In any case life goes [email protected] UDSC

Had our accounts exam today. Seems it was an easy test..Couldn't disagree or disapprove more. :(:shock:. well the chilly weather continued. we had a spot of sunshine in the afternoon which the test did not fail to dampen. In any case life goes [email protected] UDSC

Hey hriday....it might have been an easy test.
But for lesser mortals like me, the question still remains, "Yaar, I will pass na??"

Anyways, 4 conceptual papers down the drain. Now its time to unleash your writing skills with 4 back to back "funda" papers lined up in succession !!!

Regards,
Riddhi

For me the test was a real eye opener!!:oha:

The first point in the exam tips book here @ FMS should be:
Brush up ur class notes before entering the exam hall..

I was out of my wits when is saw guys finishin up :tellme:wid the whole paper with lots of time to spare..

ANyways, we shd ban padhai ki batein now and test scores later when the results are out..

Whatsay guys???

Man i am waitin for these exams to get over (for obvious reasons:drinking:)

And where are zucan,hitz, sureka, jitesh etc..
Lets get them out of thier slumber!!!
For me the test was a real eye opener!!:oha:

The first point in the exam tips book here @ FMS should be:
Brush up ur class notes before entering the exam hall..

I was out of my wits when is saw guys finishin up :tellme:wid the whole paper with lots of time to spare..

ANyways, we shd ban padhai ki batein now and test scores later when the results are out..

Whatsay guys???

Man i am waitin for these exams to get over (for obvious reasons:drinking:)

And where are zucan,hitz, sureka, jitesh etc..
Lets get them out of thier slumber!!!

Point taken Koki....No padhai related talks here.....as it is, we just embarrass ourselves even more by talking about exams and studies :satisfie:

Anyways, Here is a line up of the various events lined up at FMS-MBA(MS) over the next one month:

1) Impetus - The HR Summit organized by "Persona", the HR society
2) Finanza - The Financial Services Summit organized by "Finesse", The Finance Society
3) Serveskriti - The flagship event of FMS-MBA(MS)

Keep a watch on this thread to get more updates about these events!!!

Regards,
Riddhi

Yes, that reminds me of the work we will be doin post-exams ??:..

The experience here has already been awesome with ClickIT ( the Systems, Operations and Consulting Society's Annual conclave) and Gosh!! tht had IT biggies on stage together... that QA session.

And MarkiTrend was by no means behind..
Hope to upload some pics of it here..

Yes, that reminds me of the work we will be doin post-exams ??:..

The experience here has already been awesome with ClickIT ( the Systems, Operations and Consulting Society's Annual conclave) and Gosh!! tht had IT biggies on stage together... that QA session.

And MarkiTrend was by no means behind..
Hope to upload some pics of it here..

I bet...it was an experience to see top honchos from Google, Microsoft and Yahoo share the same stage and interact with the students...

Even MarkiTrend was a big success with heads of Nokia, Future Group, Lupin Pharma, Domino's Pizza, Maruti Udyog and a few other companies sharing their valuable experience with students from across B-Schools and giving us meaningful insights into the world of Corporate Marketing...

Would try and upload a few snaps of the events soon

yes Riddhi indeed. While a small bit of the IT gyaan was OHT for me, Markitrend was an eye opener. The practical hands on advise on what marketing actually was really an eye opener. Move over Kotler enter our own corporate gurus. I being a Persona member will surely update you soon about what we are up [email protected] Impetus...peace and rock on

Now that exams r over and the second sem beginning today it looks an entirely different world. Well let me tell u what we did just after the last paper was over:

4-30pm : I am liberated
7-15pm: The bus heads off for the disc
11-30pm: Enough of dancing for the day. Food's next
1-15 am: Back in heaven. Time to sleep. I have barely slept for past two weeks.
1-30am: Change of plans. I am in Badminton court
4-45am: I can barely stand on my feet. Now time to sleep.
5-00am: Change of plans again. "October Sky" is next in line
5-20am: I am sleeping with the movie playing in the background

Well well..
With the end of the Semester 1 exams and the absolutely rawking party thereafter; we are back to the classrooms to attend our Semester 2 classes, having a one day break :wow: in between..
Whereas some of us had to get up earlier and rush to attend the morning lecture, a few others are having a chhotu sa extended holiday at their homes ;)
some ppl did miss the badminton games that day :drinking:
Once again, excellent work by team Spaxx (as we call it) in organizing the much needed party after the summer placements and exams :thumbsup:
Over to the on-campus bhai log for the campus updates

helo ppl

i wish to join fms ms course
got this thing buggin me before i send the form want to do it rite actualyy

can any of u tell me what happened in 2002 or 2004(dont even remember the year properly:() that the service sector boomed so suddenly
i kno its related to liberalisation and GATT nad WTO but what i dont kno exactly
can anybody plz help

if its the wrong thread plz direct to the rite 1

Hi guys...
I went thru the thread... However, I need some help... I am applying for MBA (MS) at FMS... and as you'll know we need to write a SOP... As you all seem to have students of this course, can you give me some gyan about the uniqueness about this course (which I could use in the SOP), as the post on FMS website is not helpful.... It would be great if you can give some info soon as I am struggling and the last date of submission is 30-Nov-07!!

Thanx... Munir

Hey all...

Back after a short hietus...

Updates on the happenings on campus:

1) The HR&OB; team "Persona" conducted the annual summit named"Impetus' which was a grand success. HR heads of various companies put forth their views on the different practices in the Industry. The event also witnessed an address by
Mr. Rajesh Jagasia of Art of Living guiding the students towards the path of spirituality to attain the perfect balance between work and life.

2) FMS-MBA(MS) has officialy launched "Serveskriti", the flagship event of the course.
The event is going to be held on the 15th and 16th of December in FMS, South Campus.
Some of the prominent speakers this year include Mr Douglas Baillie(MD and CEO of HUL), Mr Suhel Seth, Mr Harish Bijoor, Mr Sanjiv Bajaj, Mr Atul Dhawan.
The theme of ths year's Serveskriti is "Services - Jumping into higher value orbit" and will also witness for the first time as many as 6 inter b school competitions.
More details about the event and various competitions can be found on the website:
-- Serveskriti 2007 - 2008 || Faculty of Management Studies || University of Delhi --

3) A group of around 20 odd students from both the 1st and 2nd year batches have gone to Jayalgarh near Rishikesh for camping and rafting. Pictures of the trip would be uploaded once the students come back.

More updates to follow on a periodic basis....watch this space!!!

Regards,
Riddhi