Life@ DoMS-NITT

It is really surprising:-o to see that no one has opened up the doors for the world to see how wonderful Life @ DoMS-NITT is. So here I am from 2010-2012 batch declaring this thread open :: . It had been a week that was exhilarating. Let me fir…

It is really surprising:-o to see that no one has opened up the doors for the world to see how wonderful Life @ DoMS-NITT is. So here I am from 2010-2012 batch declaring this thread open.
It had been a week that was exhilarating. Let me first of all thank DoMS-NITT for such a kind of wonderful environment and facilities. The best part was that we had an awesome night party on the first day itself. The mausam was awesome this week. More than the party and facilities has been the friends i have been able to make, which is still a continuum.. making loads of friends.. different characters and species ..sometimes recollecting their names becomes a real task..
Thanks to one of our classmates' football(and to him!! ) we played football.. followed by some injured ppl.. who continued playing even after injury.. Some guys were trying to break the Supersonic wall of Octagon ,the computer centre, on the first week itself. 😲 but thanks to our seniors advice.. they realized that their efforts were in vain.
We have just spent some sleepless nights pulling each other's legs. I have decided to start learn swimming which is due for a looong time.
Some of our extra large friends have decided to take gym.. some volleyball .. some badminton.. thanks to NITT we have vast courts for each sport at the Sports Centre..
And how can i miss the 3 floored new Central library with wi-fi.
Ok guys i have to get back to sleep as my body is crying for some deep meditation(sleep). I feel as if my hands and legs are hanging on screws after playing football..
Bai for now.. and let me assure you that DoMSians will continue giving you insights and glimpses of life.. sorry the awesome Life @ DoMS-NITT

Hi fellow NITians & future NITians,
The first 3 days in DOMS NIT have been simply awesome. So much fun, seniors helping us in everything, the hostel accommodations have been pretty good, brilliant set of staffs... The experience has been mind blowing. Had a dinner party at the boys hostel on day 1 itself which made us get to know each other well. There hasnt been a dull moment yet. The students are a mixture of evrything North-South-East-West, experience-freshers, all sizes and shapes - u pretty much have it all...
NIT campus has everything- 2 ATM's, Hospital, 3-4 restaurants, 5-6 coffee shops (Ice tea was awesome btw), a bank, a stationary shop wher u get evrythin u need in ur room, a massive central library and i still haven't explored half of NIT... For recreation- well- 5 basketball courts, a 400m track, a swimming pool, a TT court, a badminton court, volleyball court, cricket nets and i haven't yet counted the football grounds..
The most important fact that all this for such a small investment comparatively is simply the icing on the cake...

Hi fellow NITians & future NITians,
The first 3 days in DOMS NIT have been simply awesome. So much fun, seniors helping us in everything, the hostel accommodations have been pretty good, brilliant set of staffs... The experience has been mind blowing. Had a dinner party at the boys hostel on day 1 itself which made us get to know each other well. There hasnt been a dull moment yet. The students are a mixture of evrything North-South-East-West, experience-freshers, all sizes and shapes - u pretty much have it all...
NIT campus has everything- 2 ATM's, Hospital, 3-4 restaurants, 5-6 coffee shops (Ice tea was awesome btw), a bank, a stationary shop wher u get evrythin u need in ur room, a massive central library and i still haven't explored half of NIT... For recreation- well- 5 basketball courts, a 400m track, a swimming pool, a TT court, a badminton court, volleyball court, cricket nets and i haven't yet counted the football grounds..
The most important fact that all this for such a small investment comparatively is simply the icing on the cake...

by Aravind Narayanan

Life @ DoMS is sometimes very tiresome :).. why ?? My legs are damn tired.. played a good football match along with seniors.. even though our team lost 3-0 we gave a tough fight.. I played after a decade...
And mere friends in other teams let me remind you that volleyball and cricket matches are are still remaining.. :)
Continued my tryst with sports @ the Sports Centre with Carroms. And this time we won.. hurray!! except that this was a friendly match 😛
will keep updating abt the wonderfilled life @ DoMS

A big hello to future aspirants!:
First of all i wish to say how extremely happy i am to be typing this out sitting on the soft grass in my beautiful campus.Right from the moment i stepped into the portals of this esteemed institution as a proud DOMS NITian,every second has been incredible to say the least.We had our Orientation programme which of course is the first stepping stone into our MBA journey where we were addressed by our distinguished Dean,HOD and members of the faculty.It was amazing to see how quickly and effectively they built rapport and inspired us with their ready gyaan and earthy humour.We've been equally motivated by our seniors who have been affable,approachable and helpful right from day one.Just as my friends pointed out in the earlier posts,we are having a great time during our games which is yet another opportunity to work with our seniors.Currently our sports events which we call ''Firm Games'' is in progress.Will be back with further updates...

Hello Friends !!
My life at the DoMs has started and finally v r here into "M.B.A",
Life here z really cool. It has been 15 days here, and today v r really happy with all v have ,, I am rather very much surprised, i could make these many friends dat too in a few days,,:-o
V had a good interaction with the seniors and the staff,, played games,,not only this but v also had our first guest lecture,,rather an interactive session with a super senior,,
Now to speak more on the campus,,as my friends have already said,, i can say it is a mini township or something of the sort !! V almost have everything inside our large campus,,To say more on wat actually an M.B.A is it would take a few more days but as of now v r njoyng it,,
And for the future aspirants,, :
v are always here for you guys !!
Nytime u have nything to ask or share with us,, dont hesitate,, v r ur friends anyways !!!!
As of now i need to give u all a bye but,,
Catch u all later !!!

Hi puys FIRM games are rocking DoMS.. I realize that our seniors were right in saying that FIRM games coagulate you with your seniors. FIRM games are becoming a real forum to make real good friends. But some puys may look puzzled and may want to know about FIRM guys. FIRM games are conducted by the senior batch. DoMSians are divided into 4 teams. The team includes seniors and the freshers batch. This is where the real interaction between the DoMSians happen, may be i can call this event the real ice breaker.

It includes volleyball, cricket, dodgeball, football, basketball and throw ball. And please hold your breath the real icing on the cake in cricket is the super over !! Super over, where the female team mate bowls has to bowl an over and there is no escaping this strict rule. And obviously if the guy at the stumps goes bold he is sure to be remembered forever 😃 as it happened today.
And as I have talked about the FIRM games it will be injustice on my part if i do not share atleast some photos of FIRM games taken by my photogenic and photoenthusiast friends.

hey its really gud to c all my batchmates sharing their own experiences about their new life @ DOMS NITT......:-o:-o
i guess d same holds gud 4me also....after all d tiresome time dat v guys had during our GD n PI days.....it really feels gud to settle down at a place which might b considered as home away 4m home.....
studies,assgnmnts,seminars,presentations,games.....can nw b considered as a part n parcel of our lives at DOMS.....
so guys n gals out dere who hav ny query related to DOMS NITT can feel free to post it in here......so wishn u guys all d best 4ur CAT 2010!!!!....

had a fast paced quicky week.. submitted an assignment and have another assignment in queue. Had an orientation session and placement brochure and cd release for our seniors. The guest for the session was Mr. Krishnamoorthy, Executive Director, BHEL Trichy. He used to be a guest faculty @ DoMS-NIT Trichy before taking up his busy schedule as an ED.:) He reminisced some of his old moments with the faculty and experiences @ DoMS. The cases on benchmarking were really insightful like the Air france bechmarking Grand prix.

Well the beginning of the guest facutly season for the 2010-2012 batch with the ED is just the ribbon cutting session for many insightful sessions ahead. Ready to receive such gyans from eminent personalities. DoMS rocks

how can i leave the marketing session in which we were divided into groups and had case study analysis and presentation. the day before the presentation our group in which i was also a part had prepared for the session and had decided for the presentation ppts and also each persons part.. in the class all the other groups except ours were preparing and we were sitting quite without any discussions. and finally the silent lambs, i.e. we were made to present the case.. the experience was really awesome.. ending it with the question answer session. was really felling good after the session.. 😃

Life @ DoMS is gearing for a fast pace. Case studies, assignments, Case presentations.. officially from our faculty.. and thanks to the good plans and expectations of our seniors, the SEC club had also given us case studies.. mm.. Finished them all and have sent the ppts to the SEC club lets wait for the best presentation.. and the icing is the surprise gift. The fact is this journey is filled with surprises and we the 2010-2012 batch are all geared up. Seniors we really thank you for the plans that you have for our future and those that you have executed.

Over to FIRM games
This morning me along with my teammates had a cricket match scheduled at 6.00 am. This match was fantastic.. 😃 imagine guys caught bold in slow bowling overs by our gals( i even had built castles of scoring super runs in their overs, but all dreams were just castles built on sand)
Have a CSR activity this sunday to energise our EQ's visiting a small orphanage, Anbagam, around 20 kms. from our campus. The SEC team is having a great vision for the CSR activities @ DoMS. will share the activities here as and when they happen.

Had a heck of time from yesterday..
missed QT tutorial in my effort to form a picture perfect Assignment..
Missed my breakfast, lunch.. and some lectures... before finally submitting the assignment @ 4.00 p.m..
Well life @ DoMS-NITT is sometimes very much unpredictable.. But really learnt from some of my mistakes.. 😃 and here is the next challenge the cycle test from monday onwards..

Hi puys FIRM games are rocking DoMS.. I realize that our seniors were right in saying that FIRM games coagulate you with your seniors. FIRM games are becoming a real forum to make real good friends. But some puys may look puzzled and may want to know about FIRM guys. FIRM games are conducted by the senior batch. DoMSians are divided into 4 teams. The team includes seniors and the freshers batch. This is where the real interaction between the DoMSians happen, may be i can call this event the real ice breaker.

It includes volleyball, cricket, dodgeball, football, basketball and throw ball. And please hold your breath the real icing on the cake in cricket is the super over !! Super over, where the female team mate bowls has to bowl an over and there is no escaping this strict rule. And obviously if the guy at the stumps goes bold he is sure to be remembered forever 😃 as it happened today.
And as I have talked about the FIRM games it will be injustice on my part if i do not share atleast some photos of FIRM games taken by my photogenic and photoenthusiast friends.

Thanks for the pictures..

NITT has come a long way in terms of infrastructure from my undergraduate times..

Exams over the head..
mm... lemme take a deep breath.. relax for a while..
received a copy of Abhivyakthi, the quarterly magazine from DoMS..
will share it with you soon.. may be after the Cycles.. :)
So for now my relaxation periods over.. lemme go back..

Last week was an ultimate week.
Cycle Tests were really like life inside a tunnel. Less sleep to almost no sleep and more of books.. and still screwed papers.. had some guys who considered topping the class more important than giving rest to their sleep deprived souls.
And as always there was light at the end of the tunnel, here i am back in PG.
Had Guest Lecture the day before cycles on Accounting of NGO's by a leading Chartered accountant, member in the ICAI committee, from Chennai.
DoMS rocks

As Suhas had promised i am sharing the link for the Tri Annual magz
in DoMS Abhivyakthi
https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B1IvIENdwiUtMDExN2U4NjYtYWYyOC00MGZkLWFkZTEtOTEwNTg4ZWRlZmI3&hl;=en

The FIRM cultures will be going live tomorrow.. last minute preparations to present a good show are on in full swing. Along with this the assignments in different subjects are snatching away our precious sleep time... And to top it all were the CT exam papers.. it is really unapproving on my part to sit and type when i have to work seriously 😃 practice session is at 9.30 p.m .. and i will have to complete some assignments too.. zooming out..

So.. after a fun & masti packed FIRM culturals it is time to get wet in the incessant rains in Trichy. It seems the rain Gods have opened up the flood gates. Non stop rains.. and wonderful climate.. Hot chai was a requisite which i sipped in as soon as i received it..

Talking about the FIRM culturals, there were incredible performances by guys with just 1 night's preparation, well that was the challenge. And more than the cultural evening the preparation times were just the right spot to kick out the hidden devil of talent inside everyone. So after the performances(incredulous anyway) in cycle tests the culturals were time to unwind and shake our bellies. :biggrin:.. Enjoyed to the core..

Almost 2 months into the course is done and as i ponder over it,i realize what a power-packed program MBA is.Apart from the numerous assignments,project reports,case studies,quizzes,seminars,guest lectures,presentations and more recently the CTs which has constantly kept us on our toes,we also had our lion's share of fun in the FIRM Culturals which brought out our hidden talents just as my friend Jinson has mentioned.Just for your clarity,FIRM stands for Falcon,Invincibles,Rudra and Morpheus which are the titles of the 4 groups into which all DoMS NITT students have been sorted.With just about a day's prep,we came up with lots of interesting performances.Before this event,i never knew that there were so many people in my batch who could serenade so beautifully,do magic with their guitars,dance so soulfully & skillfully or even walk the ramp so professionally.One of the groups:Morpheus came up with the theme 'Environmental protection' and performed a short skit on the same which was very well planned and brilliant.The whole event was colourfully painted with the multi-faceted creativity of my batchmates and there was never a dull moment.At the end of the show,we had a flash presentation wherein the photos of the FIRM Games and campus life brought back some very good memories.The prize distribution was followed by an unofficial photo session in which we all went crazy clicking away pictures which i'm sure each of us will cherish and treasure always.Ciao for now