Life @ BIBS kolkata (Summer Internship Experience )

During my summer internship program with Vodafone I have learnt a lesson for lifetime. While working on the project based in the Bura Bazaar area, I realized that a room of 100-200 sq-ft is a complete business house making a turnover of some crore…

During my summer internship program with Vodafone I have learnt a lesson for lifetime. While working on the project based in the Bura Bazaar area, I realized that a room of 100-200 sq-ft is a complete business house making a turnover of some crores in a month. The project has taught me to interact with people from diverse background. During communication classes at BIBS, I had never realized why so much of importance was given on greeting people and perfecting our body language. The field work opened our eyes and we realized the significance of portraying oneself before target customers.

I managed to generate a strong database of SMEs in the Bura Bazaar area. I was appreciated for my customer handling techniques and explaining the benefits of the company products to prospective customers. My experience while dealing with the customers was animated – there were a lot of factors which almost took me by surprise. I had prepared a detailed feedback report for the company, which I'm sure has helped them to understand the retailers of the region. Thanks to the report writing classes at BIBS!

I think I've been able to impress my manger during the summer internship. He was more than happy about the detailed report. It was something he was not expecting from a fresher. This is why we Bibsians stand ahead of others. Kudos!

Hi

I am first year student @ BIBS, is their any program for Winter internship for first year students.....any idea..!!!

Is it similar to project training I have done in CMC in VB.net

I have done summer internship in 160by2.com

Classes shave resumed after the summer internship program ..loving the cool classrooms and the specialization classes .................what is ur specialization Mr @[599262:goutam.sharma]

@[599271:sang.ghosh]

I hv done my SIP in 160by2.com (Bulk SMS service provider)
what about yours

@[599262:goutam.sharma]

I did it from Pantaloons Retail India......how was ur SIP experience

It was a nice job..!!! I was in Hardcore Sales , my job was to analyse the clients requirement, making business proposals & support to business development team.....what abut u

@[599262:goutam.sharma]

I have an interest in retail..so I enjoyed it .Plus, the job profile was very interesting .. I had to conduct a mystery shopper to identify areas of improvement.

what actually you did you do

I had to evaluate sales personnel on certain parameters and also check the product awareness in them

Summer Internship is a major turn of your career, it helps you to decide your career segment, your management specialization as well as which sector you should choose for your Job/business .

@[599271:sang.ghosh] I see €Śbut giving feedback must have been a tough job €“ coz a lot of things would depend on it

@[597416:Aman45] I support you thoughts , summer Internship is the practical face of your career, it shows what is the real image of a manager.

@[585467:raashmi01]

ummmm…yes but that's something what all students at BIBS know very well. We had sessions on report submission..so that wasn't too much of a challenge for me.

@[599271:sang.ghosh]

OK...........so how was ur managers reaction

@[585467:raashmi01]

She looked happy with my report €Ś she €˜hd asked me take a grooming session with the trainee staff members

all are paid internship??

Time management is a skill which many can't adapt

Usually time management refers to development of tools and processes that increase efficiency and productivity. In business, time management has morphed into everything from methodologies like enterprise resource planning through consultant services, such as SAP.

When asked about time management, we tend to think of personal time management, casually defined as managing our time to waste less time on doing the things we have to do so that we have more time to do the things we want to do.

Time management involves a set of business skills, which once masteredhelps us to be more organized, efficient, and happier. Developing our personal time management skills always helps as it includesgoal setting, planning, delegating and scheduling.

Time management brings together a set of principles and practices implemented through certain tools and systems which when worked together will help you to acquire more value out of your time with the aim to improve the quality of your life. The crux is that time management does not necessarily allow you to get a lot of work done at the same time.Once you adopt these skills you can make sure that you are working on the right things - the things that truly need to be done.

Managing your time well is a subtle quality which requires extensive planning. There are very few people who can correctly estimate the time required to complete a particular task

. It's important to focus on a few vital projects that will make a difference, rather than spending all your time on a single project.