Life At FMS...PG batch of 2007

Hiya folks…good morning ~hic~ err…seems like afternoon…but thats the way a day goes. A typical day in the life of a FMSite.ok…here is the format. Star cast: Shalin “swifty” shroff Ankush “Q” trakru Jasginder “jassi” singh Sh…

Hiya folks..good morning ~hic~

err..seems like afternoon..but thats the way a day goes. A typical day in the life of a FMSite.ok..here is the format.

Star cast:
Shalin "swifty" shroff
Ankush "Q" trakru
Jasginder "jassi" singh
Shiv "Vincentian" agarwal
Kaustabh "klogy" R.

The scene: all these folks are clustered around a poor Dell laptop..QE is typing and rest of them are staring. Swifty tries to make some comment but then mumbles ~~~ and moves on! actually jas, Swifty, Shiv n Q actually won the code-breakers contest. ...although we hardly know what the code was all about. Actually managed to crack the code without using the clues.we dont frankly care..the only thing is that we actually have a lunch @ Barista

hey..the placement team is here..time for some global gyan.

Shalini wears PJ's to college and manages to call it formals..i repeat, the name is Shalini and not swifty

and some more of our achievements...

Q, swifty and jappy managed to crack the ad-quiz (we guessed 30/35 answers and scored 29)..its another sad story that we finally lost in the finals..but hey! we qualified, dint we!! :wink:

.....and yeah..we have a break ..so running off to Barista. ciao.

This time it wasnt the code breaking or ad-dicktion ..err additction but our nasty book presentation...
There was no clue what is built to last till the last day came and then all of the members were working on their part without knowing what others are up to.
Moi and Abhishek did some good thinking on what can be planned but had none to discuss with....KABBADI came out of nowhere ( maybe just the idea of having girls team fighting with guys team ...excited all of us ).
Saibal and Kaustabh: Cows too were brought in at the last moment...not because they were funny but we all were thirsty....( better to have milk than water ...more nutritious u see...made us last more )
Puneet worked on his previous ppt at TATA MOTORS and just updated it in the last moment.
Still we won 😃 ...strange ways to find treasure...but HR and OB isnt that fortunate ...it just offers 600 for team of 8...what are we going to do with 75 per head
...any idea?

Gandalfthegrey

Well for a change I dont have the privelege of being a thread starter ... though it was the brain child of QE and me ... not tht it matters really :):):)

looking forward to another rocking week 2 at fms!

shiv

hey QE

nice to see u on the FMS thread after the GRE thread. Life must be g8 in FMS. can u plz tell how u prepared to get into FMS and what is necessary to prepare for FMS?

copy-pasting from the blog

the stung analyst

teehee..had the first fun day @ FMS. though i am posting it a bit late. this deals with an atrociously juvenile topic which suits this blog to a T. lets get to where the action is the hottest

So we have an analyst as the hero of the day. Now this chap is on friendly terms with almost everybody in the class. However, i woould like to draw ur attention to an odd little fact and statistic: notice the word "everybody" and the stat that we have 24 odd girls and 75 odd guys. Obviously, the friendly guy count starts from 25. So, to get back to the story, our friend here decided after a coupla days in college that he had to desert us and start sitting with more left-cerebellum oriented folks (read females). as expected, we are magnanimous enough to forgive his transgressions, but thought to report them all the same.

now the analyst chap is sending his feelers around everyday, deciding upon the unsuspecting victim. he sits closeted by more girls than a newborn baby around nurses. So much that he finally declaes them the halycon days; he's never had so much fun before. The day finally dawns when his quest succeeds. She-who-must-not-be-named succumbs to his imperious charms.

Ok. break in the story. question is; how do u trap an unsuspecting girl into being ur friend ?? what women want, eh! take a random straw poll. ask just about any guy. 79 times outta 100, they will say... birthdays & sunsigns.

dont ask me why, but it works. female brain has the unresisting orientation to get drawn to a birthday discussion like the proverbial bee to the nectar. and sunsigns..damn! that is wicked!! i tell ye, its a foolproof strategy.

so..back to the story. the analyst manages to engross she-who-must-not-be-named, into a serious semi-adolescent (this is grad school, mind u!) discussion about the relative effect of the mercury strolling around the sun in her astrology calendar 23 months from now. buzz!! action time.

there is a buncha seemingly bored-with-classes guys sitting behind the cupid-stricken folks. the resentment is to be seen to be believed. out comes a malicious idea to snap up a sting operation. so, here come the cam-phones, god bless technology, and click-click. a pic each from the ringside and the rear-side view. operation sting accomplished.

the pics are distributed and the marketing machinery gets into top gear. we play hard target so there is plenty of info about the supposed pictures but no actual pics to show. the hullabaloo reaches crescendo levels by morning when everybody knows about the pics but nobody has seen them. wow! we are the gods of marketing

by the time the photo-shoot is over, the guy is sweating profusely..mebbe because of his business suit..or maybe because of something we know. she-whom-iam-tired-of-referring-to has seen the pics and the embarassment is flowing like the wishkah between those two muddy banks of the guy n the gal. the civil engineering miracle which was to be apanned across the river is abandoned and both rush to the relative safety of other innocent bystander batchmates .... and so flowed the first controversy from the undercover operative in FMS.

P.S: the story ends on a rather disappointing note. instead of taking oaths of undying togetherness, the guy sticks like a limpet with us the whole of the day..and by night the incident is archived off as the first of its kind.

the author would like to express his thanks to the whole marketing team of puneet, doc, swifty, shiv and other misc. nasty folks who made this incident this success. amen and may these folks never get on my tails

man kya jaghanya paap... do dilon ke beech main marketing ki deewar... knew that marketing is about make-believe but this is wicked hehheh

finally got time to post here. know what happened today? apne Quinte bhai...... zzz

*uh*.. haan to apne Qunit........... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

(i have assignments to go b4 i sleep, b4 i sleep .... *cough* in the class next day )

yello... finally found time to post.. on Life at FMS.. got back from Barista abhi... working on Zero Mileage Bike and CRAP Task..hehe.....Q, Shiv, Jas have already posted..tho its true.. Q's posts are on behalf of half a dozen other people.. the only time ppl manage to wake up in class... phew!!

Got Blasted by CRAP today for having cobainfreak as an email id.. hehe...
what else... got lots of work.. and need some sleep...

oh..yes the event of the week was swifty's bday party.. I thot it was a lot of fun. *ahem*... hope the bday guy liked it too...
gotta run.. and work...

will keep posting..

peace

Aish

we are having loads of fun here..for now. moi has formed a sting society which seeks to expose all the past, present and future affairs la passion of FMSites (seniors excluded for now). our latest finds are

1. stung analyst (posted earlier)
2. the jaipur incident
3. the fastest indian
4. the bonking and the queen bee

dunno if this matter is cpyright or not. lemme ask my associates at the stingsoc and we will come back to you ASAP

P.S. now that the novel freakazoid thread has been closed, i would post all my 50x messages here

hey Q,

yes stingsoc is a secret society buddy and we dont publicise our activities! right ;)

Shiv

hey..all u fms folks... hows it going...... hey...there is this guy called sudindra in ur batch right....(was a time faculty)... can someone pls force him to become a pg member..... nyways.... hows life..

Cheers

Puneet

hey Q,

yes stingsoc is a secret society buddy and we dont publicise our activities! right ;)

Shiv
Ahem.. no u dont

Finally the Rise of Paranoids, the kingshuks, Jaats.... in short its time for the cults to shine the campus with the loads of attitude. Induction is complete and oh my ! did we feel the path to it! i bet! Marked by 2007 batch trying to fly from chairs, standing on it and Quacking btw the introduction, form einstein-simpson-joey mix proposals to La Feminine La Senior, from Bhangra to classical 80's dance it sure got 2006 all perked and libidous.

but 2007 celebrated it with sleepy panache. For once the hostel which had turned into Nocturnal Lightouses, now came down as the sleepy hollows in the broad daylights. So much so, that not even sound of hammers and drills could disturb the sleep of swifty even though the guy was sweating hard just a meter away!

And now the hollywood news, lately Edward Zwick has decided to go fwd with a sequel to his movie, Courage Under Fire and is supposed to have plans to take Saurabh Mundhra as the protagonist, after his heroics in fighting Sting Soc, the 23 girls he is not talking to at a given time (there are 24 in total) and now the SOP Box . Three cheers for the bright lad, although Shiv may definately boast of FMS slogan - We Did Start the Fire
Ahem.. no u dont
Finally the Rise of Paranoids, the kingshuks, Jaats.... in short its time for the cults to shine the campus with the loads of attitude. Induction is complete and oh my ! did we feel the path to it! i bet! Marked by 2007 batch trying to fly from chairs, standing on it and Quacking btw the introduction, form einstein-simpson-joey mix proposals to La Feminine La Senior, from Bhangra to classical 80's dance it sure got 2006 all perked and libidous.
but 2007 celebrated it with sleepy panache. For once the hostel which had turned into Nocturnal Lightouses, now came down as the sleepy hollows in the broad daylights. So much so, that not even sound of hammers and drills could disturb the sleep of swifty even though the guy was sweating hard just a meter away!
And now the hollywood news, lately Edward Zwick has decided to go fwd with a sequel to his movie, Courage Under Fire and is supposed to have plans to take Saurabh Mundhra as the protagonist, after his heroics in fighting Sting Soc, the 23 girls he is not talking to at a given time (there are 24 in total) and now the SOP Box . Three cheers for the bright lad, although Shiv may definately boast of FMS slogan - We Did Start the Fire

Ya and to add guys Jasginder paaji is starring in the desi movie "Jaipur ka dhamaal"...no prizes for guessing who wud be the heroine......a guy following a girl to the extent that he doesnt realise he is in no man's land is indeed a courageous act......
so curious ppl contact our paaji for more details of his (mis)adventure...
hey Q,

Shiv

I second shiv on that...
its a secret society buddy....with unique members...
hehe guys by the way we r thinking on the parameters of how shud we select ppl for the sting soc...(both batchmates and juniors)
any ideas??

Hi guys,

Can any one of you please pm me the ph. no. and the email id of your student rep. or the cultural rep....Preferably the 2nd year ones....Need it regarding a fest called 'Confluence'....

Thanx in advance,

Cheers,
Bhonpu (aka Shiv)

rockiola party folks. loads of incidents, scandals, refusals, acceptances, etc for the stingsoc to see and observe.

tanu almost got everybody in the party. all i can add are unsubstantiated rumours and wicked malicious lies. since this is what everybody would like to read , u can turn up here

rockiola party folks. loads of incidents, scandals, refusals, acceptances, etc for the stingsoc to see and observe.

tanu almost got everybody in the party. all i can add are unsubstantiated rumours and wicked malicious lies. since this is what everybody would like to read , u can turn up here

Q ppl are waiting curiously for ur covering of the fastest Indian story..Wish u WERE AS FAST AS THE FASTEST iNDIANS...
Saurabh Mundhra Says
Q ppl are waiting curiously for ur covering of the fastest Indian story..Wish u WERE AS FAST AS THE FASTEST iNDIANS...
well..... well.... well.... why wud an analyst, who incidently happens to be stung a zillion times be so excited abt fastest indian

*scratch.. scratch* hmm interesting indeed

ok peeps im in vkrv room no 101...shall move in on the 15/16th