Life at Fazlani Altius Business School

Hello, everyone. Here, we share our experiences about life at FABS. I invite my peers from the current and previous batch to share their stories and successes on this thread.  

1. How did the idea of creating FABS originate?

In the past few years, there has been a tremendous skill gap amongst youngsters who pass out of B-schools. Most of them are unable to sustain & survive in the corporate world today. We thought we could try & fill this gap and ensure that students are skilled & mentally ready to join the corporate world through our MBA program. In today's dynamic corporate environment, it is important for the youth to understand and have clarity in terms of their corporate roles and expectations. Our sole objective at Fazlani Altius Business School (FABS) has been to engage and train our students with a relevant Industry-Academia partnership to ensure they are skill ready to succeed in the modern corporate world. Through our specially designed corporate MBA programs, we strive to address relevant corporate issues to bridge the current employability gap that exists in the country.

2. How is FABS different from the other B-schools in the country? How different are your courses as compared to the other top institutes in the country?

Some of the best minds from business, corporate and academic world, visualized the need for talent in the emerging Indian economy, and worked on a format that can equip graduate students to add immediate value to the organizations they work for. This is being accomplished through, helping students to be equipped with:

· Ability to deal with real-time situations pertaining to management and resolution of problems

· Practical knowledge in the field of business administration

· Specialized skills and leadership capability development to provide the necessary competitive advantage

We believe in the five perspectives of holistic education that include the Educationist's view, Originator's view, Practitioner's view, Critique's view and a Collaborative view which makes us different from other B-schools in the country.

Besides these, the following points differentiate us from other B-schools:

. Placement before the course begins

. Minimum starting salary of Rs.5 lacs/year

. Lowest student ROI of 1:1 (Placement: fees ratio)

. 100% Digitized course content

. 70% faculty are corporate practitioners

. Confirmed 9 months paid internship for students

. Industry leaders devise course curriculum

. A faculty student Ratio 1:40 to foster seamless interaction between teacher - student communities

3. What is the USP of FABS that should drive students to do their management course from you?

Besides the points mentioned above, FABS is proud to have partnered with various corporates to get students confirmed 'Letters of Intent' on their first day of admission. Very few B-schools in the world guarantee quality placements to their students on the 1st day of their admission. Moreover, from the parents' perspective, we have the lowest placement to fees ratio - a minimum of 1:1. This means they can recover their fees investment within a year.

4. How many corporate houses have tied up for placement at FABS?

So far 42 corporate houses have tied up with FABS for placements. Our corporate relations team continues to work hard to bring reputed employers to provide great employment opportunities to our students. Our partners include Motilal Oswal, Knight Frank, eclerx, ABEC, Kelly Services, Cox & Kings to name a few. We are planning to increase this continually to ensure all our students are placed in quality jobs & have successful careers in the future.

5. How many centers of FABS do you have in India?

We currently have two business centers in India. One in Mumbai & the second in Bhubaneshwar.

6. Are your courses AICTE or Mumbai University recognized?

We are appointed by Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune (Recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) & Distance Education Council (DEC) and "A" grade accreditation by NAAC) as a collaborative institution responsible for providing information, counseling, admissions and other academic assistance. We are currently an autonomous institute which helps us design courses that encourage faculty and students to generate and exchange innovative ideas.

FABS my life changer institute wherein I learned many things in academics as well as personal life. 

What attracted me to be a part of FABS - Admission on the basis of LOI(Offer Letter) by top MNC's, the very company that hires me before admission, is the company I will be working with on completion of PGPEM.

It was such a cheerful moment in my life when I came in contact with actual industry practitioners as my professors. The professors here are very cooperative and are fully packed with corporate experience. They will never let you go easily till the concepts are not cleared.

The concept of Corporate Thursday helped me to develop with my soft skills and confidence level.

The CXO's meets actually gave me a kick to the corporate world and helped me to be down to earth in all situations.

We had visited Amul Dairy, Gujarat Samachar, Pepsico, Saswad for corporate exposure, and all these visits were very knowledgeable.

Since I am from HR Specialization, I learned many concepts in employee engagement such as HR Activities, Motivation sessions, Training and Development, Social Projects, etc. I would be glad to mention that, we also got a chance to give training to more than 200 children in International School at Pune, where in we come to know the sincere efforts taken by any trainer at the time of their sessions, the Time management, Co-ordination, Team bonding, and Communication with various age generations come into actual picture. And the best part was to be appreciated from the Directors and CEO of FABS.

I would recommend FABS to anyone, who wants to do things differently, and not just in books and theory but put all the knowledge to practice in the 2 years of studies at FABS and ever after.