Life@Asian Institute Of Management(AIM,Manila)

As life at AIM rocks and rolls, I sit in class and start this new thread to let aspirants rediscover the school that stands strong for the past 40 years with over 30,000 alumni across the globe. AIM was started by Harvard Business School in a…

As life at AIM rocks and rolls, I sit in class and start this new thread to let aspirants rediscover the school that stands strong for the past 40 years with over 30,000 alumni across the globe.

AIM was started by Harvard Business School in asia to develop asian managers. The course AIM follows is 90% HBS and case based for its pedagogy.

This thread will include the various happenings at AIM, including workshops, placements, clubs and last but not the least Pool side parties :).

Before the prof catches me and cold calls for CP, suck on this..
The AIM Blogger - An MBA student blogs about life at the Asian Institute of Management

The new website
Asian Institute of Management

Thanks for the mention.

As life at AIM rocks and rolls, I sit in class and start this new thread to let aspirants rediscover the school that stands strong for the past 40 years with over 30,000 alumni across the globe.

AIM was started by Harvard Business School in asia to develop asian managers. The course AIM follows is 90% HBS and case based for its pedagogy.

This thread will include the various happenings at AIM, including workshops, placements, clubs and last but not the least Pool side parties :).

Before the prof catches me and cold calls for CP, suck on this..
The AIM Blogger - An MBA student blogs about life at the Asian Institute of Management

The new website
Asian Institute of Management

After many quizzes, games and presentations comes the October Fest which is a great way to blow off steam.. and a great joint to party hard till u drop..

Rock music, beer and the whole batch together sets the mood for the nightout.

After the fest we have our usual tests and quizzes and back to hell...
Fly down to manila ryt away and see how we do it AIM style....

This is from a friend of mine who was too busy to login and post it himself... , Yes, life here sometimes gets to you...
Here it goes:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Get an International MBAfurther career prospects, experience a different way of life.these are typical dreams of most MBA aspirants. I too had similar aspirations when I applied to AIM, Manila and was delighted to be accepted at the prestigious institute. I had already made enquiries about the school, curriculum etc. and was told that life would be tough but the course content is of highest quality. I arrived in Manila towards the end of August with loads of enthusiasm and happy to be getting back to school. The first few days went off in a blur, attending the prep course, meeting all classmates and generally having a good time by the poolside. Yes, the poolside in campus is the most happening spot where we celebrate birthdays, have frequent parties and also do our group studies.
As time went by, the days started getting longer and sleep time shorter. The grind moved into high gear and we really felt like we were in a boot camp.yes thats how profs refer to the MBA!!! Lots of theory to read and many cases to discuss daily. The best part of the learning experience is the case study method where students air their views on real world cases and learn from what everyone speaks. The classes though can get very heated with people competing for air time and often disagreeing with one other. The animosity though is quickly forgotten as everyone relaxes over a beer in the evening. The case method ensures that classes are rarely, if ever, boring. What adds colour to class participation are the people from cultures as diverse as Thailand to Lithuania!!! And never mind the rigor.whats life without a challenge? Moreover, its this rigor that will make us very good professionals, ready to face any challenges when we step back into the corporate world. This fact is reinforced by the large number of AIM alumni holding important positions across diverse industries.
Everyday in AIM is more exciting than yesterday. The rigor teaches you a lot of skills so essential to survive the real world. As your busy trying to finish off all course work, you learn to work with a diverse team, accepting each others shortcomings and differences, and move towards a common objective. In the process you make friends for lifefriends who will be always there for you at any point in timethe bonds having been forged at boot camp.

hi ppl........
till now I have been a silent spectator of all what has been happening in and around AIM. But this season I shall be joining AIM (in the Sept 2009 batch), and I shall be contributing on this thread by the virtue of my first hand experience.

Hope to see some increased traffic here :)

Thanks & Regards

Sarsij Nayanam