Life @ Amrita School of Business Bangalore

Hi All, Its been almost close to year since joining the college. Had been planning to post the events( :: ) since a long time. To start, the profile of Amrita School of Business, Bangalore. The speciality of the program is the Dual…

Hi All,

Its been almost close to year since joining the college. Had been planning to post the events() since a long time.

To start, the profile of Amrita School of Business, Bangalore.

The speciality of the program is the Dual Degree Jointly offered by Amrita University and State University of New York (SUNY) Buffalo (USA) .There are 2 Managment Programs offered here. MBA-MS and Executive MBA-MS.

Candidates have the opportunity to earn an MBA from Amrita University and an MS (Master of Sciences) in Management of IT Services from the State University of New York at Buffalo, USA. Designed primarily for those who aspire to management positions in high-tech industries, this is also a two-year full-time program. The First Batch will be graduating in 2011

Executive MBA-MS is designed for working Professionals. This two-year program has weekend classes. Students earn an Executive MBA degree from Amrita University upon the completion of the program as well as an MS degree in Management of IT Services from the State University of New York at Buffalo.
The first batch of students from this program graduated in February 2009.

hey DEEPAK
I WANT TO KNOW FEW THINGS ABOUT AMRITHA BANGLORE
AS I GOT 61 PERCENTILE IN CAT WILL I GET BANLORE CAMPUS
HOW IS THE FACULTY AND INFRASRUCTURE.IS BUFFALO UNIV TEACHER COMING BANGLORE TO TEACH
WHAT ABOUT PLACEMENT,HOW MUCH WE CAN EXPECT

Hi..

Exams started today..(Cost Management:banghead:). till 10th April..

On 12th our HR forum is organizing an HRM meet. the details of which will be uploaded soon....

Luking forward for the meet and Internships

Hi..

Sorry for the delayed Reply

To tell the truth i am not pretty sure about the calls & Percentiles...

It depends on the Cutoffs which management is setting...

Kindly Perform well in ur admission process....

>

As far as my experience is concerned Faculty over here is good. One benefit Amrita provide is that, Any Faculty can travel anywhere as and when needed(from different campuses)

Yea Buffalo Faculties will be flying down to our campus for teaching which will happen in the second year when we opt for Electives..

Placements...i cant predict on it.. :-)....THe market is opening up and hope final placements will be Extremely good for us...Hoepfully we l have the location advantage too...

Infrastructure Since its the starting phase, the development is still on. Currently we are running along with Engineering. A new building is coming up. My sincere opinion is that management still has to work on the development of infrastructure which im sure they will do provided the good potential the course has to offer..

Apart from that we are having frequent Interactions(Weekly) with the Top and Eminent industrialists which has helped us in gaining insights in various functionalities & i believe will help us in the long run too...

All the Best for Your Admission Process

Hi..

Gud 2 get a break....@Home

We had a Great HR event...Congrats to all Members of Anuva and all those who have participated in making it a Success...

Real hardwork has been put inspite of being the time constraints and resources available..

Great things learned from all the eminent speakers

Its bye to classroom studies...for some period

Good to be back to work and Luking forward for an eventful summers 😃

Hey Deepak,

which campus is better according to you Coimbatore or bangalore.I mean if given choice which should I choose

Hi Vishakh,

Thats a pretty difficult question for me 2 answer ;-)

I think majority of them will choose in the first place as coimbatore is the flag ship campus, good infrastructure etc etc...

Since ours is the first batch, there will be some amount of doubts till we pass out. The are certain aspects which will make bangalore as the stand out campus

Dual degree(MBA-MS)(MBA-Amrita,MS-State University of Newyork Buffalo) which would give you an good amount of exposure(Internationally as well) and would help in the future growth..

The location advantage of the campus which gives you great exposure in terms of Colloqium's. I think it will be helping in placements too(how much extent i don know..)

Hi..i m selected for mba at blore campus..cn u plzz let me knw if its gud...coz i m
very cnfusd..:oops: most of dem r telling me not to join blore...even its fees s more..s dere anythng like we hv to go abroad for sm mnths ??? s it worth doing mba here?? r u sure abt ur placements nxt year...vryy..vry..cnfusd...last date for paying instalmnt s 10th may...plzzz...reply soon

As mentioned in the previous posts, the unique feature of bangalore campus is the dual degree MBA-MS (Suny , Buffalo) MS is in IT services. I believe that this program has good potential.

Coming to the details of the program
First year the course is common across all campuses. In the second year the structure is different for bangalore campus. Faculties from UB will be flying to teach the courses. Electives will also be taught by visiting faculties who are eminent industrial people.
Life has been going well, (barring rules and regulations in the campus+++ :-))

Regarding placements, markets are in revival mood. At amrita whole placement committee has been restructured. I believe the next year placements will be really good. Management has told that placements will be centralized. However at some point of time there will be an advantage Bangalore(Hope oders would not block the road for us :banghead:

Hope i havent put in more Dilemma :-)

These are my personal views and i hope my friends from ASB bangalore would put in their valuable comments

u dint say anythng abt whether we hv to go abroad for sm months??? or only d faculties wl b cmng to teach us???

Hi

>>u dint say anythng abt whether we hv to go abroad for sm months??? or only d faculties wl b cmng to teach us???>>

The abroad trip decision is still pending for our batch,and its currently reviewed by the management.(top Management :):))

Hi Vishakh,

Thats a pretty difficult question for me 2 answer ;-)

I think majority of them will choose in the first place as coimbatore is the flag ship campus, good infrastructure etc etc...

Since ours is the first batch, there will be some amount of doubts till we pass out. The are certain aspects which will make bangalore as the stand out campus

Dual degree(MBA-MS)(MBA-Amrita,MS-State University of Newyork Buffalo) which would give you an good amount of exposure(Internationally as well) and would help in the future growth..

The location advantage of the campus which gives you great exposure in terms of Colloqium's. I think it will be helping in placements too(how much extent i don know..)

Deepak,

first of all thank you very much. you should be in the second year so hav the MS classes started?how are the faculty and have u started internship how much do students get during internship on a average.how are your hopes on placements?

okz..coz d fee s 2 lakhs more than coimbtre no...dey told me its coz we wl b goin to US for 2 r 3 mnths...so al dose expenses..

shreeja.my Says
okz..coz d fee s 2 lakhs more than coimbtre no...dey told me its coz we wl b goin to US for 2 r 3 mnths...so al dose expenses..

>>dey told me its coz we wl b goin to US for 2 r 3 mnths>>

Could you kindly tell Who are this "DEY":):):):):):)

Actually the present status is Trip to US is currently being reviewed by the top management and the decision will be announced shortly. Since ours is a pending decision, i am not sure about your batch.

I think most of queries related to this will be answered during your counselling session. Kindly pour in your questions regarding this topic during the same 😃

Actually the present status is Trip to US is currently being reviewed by the top management and the decision will be announced shortly. Since ours is a pending decision, i am not sure about your batch.

I think most of queries related to this will be answered during your counselling session. Kindly pour in your questions regarding this topic during the same :-)

ok..:) thanx...n sorry for so many questns...:)

I think most of queries related to this will be answered during your counselling session. Kindly pour in your questions regarding this topic during the same :-)

deepak pls reply.

Questions are most welcome and i have tried to answer most of them to the best extent as possible :-)

>>first of all thank you very much. you should be in the second year so hav the MS classes started?how are the faculty and have u started internship how much do students get during internship on a average.how are your hopes on placements?>>

Actually we are doing our SIP during this period. Second year classes will start only during July. I am doing ma summers @ AshokLeyland...(w/o stipend-->..:banghead::banghead::banghead:) However there are oders who has been offered stipends...

Hopes on Final Placements-->All we Can Do is HOPE 😃 The market is in gud Condition...So hpe it turns out good 😃

Can yu say some more on the infra ...like ..well i know coimbatore campus is way bigg..but the ASB building at coimbatore is just one building which in my view is not so great one..comparing to that ...hw is the ASB at bangalore...and anything extra adding to the lot of good)

With Thanks

Hi,

Actually i have mentioned about the infrastructure in my previous post.

Kindly refer to that. I will again repeat infrastructure is only in the development phase and i don know how good it will turn out to be

Yea i agree to you. Everybody is telling that Coimbatore is a big campus, it has great infrastructure etc etc..However i seriously believe that as far as ASB(the whole amrita school of business) is concerned there is a shortage of so called infrastructure.