Life@Acharya Institutes

Hey Guys…I am very thank full to Acharya for providing me this platform to interact wit you all…Well this is uttam tiwari…your dear and near… ::

Hey Guys....I am very thank full to Acharya for providing me this platform to interact wit you all........Well this is uttam tiwari......your dear and near....

@uttam308
Hi Uttam, Welcome
ASM Students Intern at London School of Business
€œIt was a lifetime experience to have had Lecturers from British professors Prof.Nora Colton, Prof.Andre Mostert and other renowned people . Such an exposure is a milestone in my academics. €?-says Sayak Acharya.
Hey guys .....today we have a nice time with our mentors........feeling satisfied after discussion and feedback..........great............

hey guys, today we had a business quiz conducted by our class representatives........had a great deal of fun..

YIPEE!!.... Guys,,,,,the team AIT-ISE, bagged the THIRD spot in SAP BIZ TECH 2012 held under SAPTECHNIVERSITY. The whole competition saw over 142 teams compete for the top 3 spots.

Team:- AIT-ISE
Member:- Sudarshan Subramanian, Nikhil Kumar, Cladia Monica Correa, Charishma Devi.4th Year, Information Science and Engg dept
Guide:- Prof. Shiva Murthy G, Associate Professor, Dept of ISE, AIT

A competition held under SAP TECHNIVERSITY 2012 over a period of 2 months. The competition included 142 participants all over India sending ideas for approval. Only 30 teams got through the idea stage. Then all the participants had to gather votes on Facebook to get into the top 25 teams. We went all over the college to get the likes and votes of our students. Getting into top 25 teams our team was more enthusiastic about it now and we now had to submit a business model.

Dusherra holidays came, everyone was enjoying the holidays but we went ahead to study about business plans and came out with a business plan. Top 10 was the next spot and submitting the prototype of our model was not so easy. The simulation technology is less used in India, and there seemed no other way, when a friend came in to our rescue. He taught us how to work and we could submit our prototype just in time.

Top 6 spot was something we had aimed even before submitting the idea. When the top 6 list came, the whole team €™s happiness knew no bounds. We were high on the spirits to achieve something high in the finale. We had already been offered sap internship interview,which was not our aim. Our aim was the top spot. On finale, displaying the prototype in front of an enthralling crowd of 5,000 students and heads of companies like SAP, IBM, Google India, SAP LABS INDIA, and others, it was a great opportunity to tap. We finished our demo first of the six. The wait was too long for our patience. At last the applaudometer gave the results. We stood third in thecompetition. Our hard work finally reaped results. We were awarded by MD of SAP LABS INDIA V R Ferose with 20,000 vouchers, certificates, bags and an offer to work in SAP LABS INDIA.
AIGS, Dept. of PG Commerce recently conducted a Collage competition and the Winner is;
Prbhakar and Praneeth, Ist year MFA and the Runner is;
Rakesh, II M Com, & Manjushree, II MFA. Congrats guys....
Collage Making Competition @ AIGS, PG Commerce Programme.

WINNER:- Prabhakar and Praneeth, Ist year MFA

Congrats Guys

hey guys, it's quite a pleasant & cool weather today so hope u all enjoying. have a happy day

Meaning of 'Patriotism' still hold good? asks Vishesh !!

By:-Vishesh Chandrashekar
Corporate & Public Relations Officer
Acharya Institutes

As I write this, my mind presents pictures of all the advices I received as a youngster about the responsibilities towards my country. The recent events in the country, the patriotism people have been showcasing on the streets, makes me wonder, does the meaning of 'Patriotism' still hold good??
In today's context, does this word find a new definition? Is Patriotism today only about waving the Tricolour at a Cricket match?
Things changed a few days back, when people across the country came out in support of a few civil society members and especially their leader. Majority of this crowd were young Indians or more precisely students. For a change, the tricolour was out in its full glory for an entirely different reason.Here the tricolour did not have any advertisements nor did it carry pictures of the cricketing Gods. The scenes had all the nostalgia of our freedom struggle. Cries of 'Vande Mataram' to 'Bharath Mata ki Jai' filled the air. I guess for us, the youth of this generation, the connect to freedom struggle is only a few black & white images we see on National Television on Independence and Republic day, the so called National Holidays we all look forward to. So what did this campaign against corruption have, to instigate youngsters to come out and voice their concerns on issues hampering this country?
In a country where a school teacher from rural India teaches his students that the capital of India is Patna, there is much more to be desired. 'India lives in its villages' said M K Gandhi which is true even after 64 years of Independence. Illiteracy has been the major challenge for this country. Unless the youth do not understand their rights, eradication of corruption is practically difficult. Education hence becomes a very important factor. More importantly, educating the literate about their rights and responsibilities is a greater challenge because they knowingly abuse their freedom for personal gains. To support such a campaign, one need not make their presence in any grounds. All one needs to do is say 'NO' to corruption. Refuse to pay bribe to the policeman after breaking the law, change the 'Chaltha Hai' attitude within us. Corruption today has become an integral part of our society and every citizen a part of this system.
Even before reasoning for such wide spread support by students, my thoughts baffle me if the students actually understood the reason for their support. It would be interesting to find if the students understood what the Lokpal bill is all about? In retrospection, the movement against corruption with its own critics and supporters have been able to motivate the youth, about their responsibilities towards their country. Knowingly or unknowingly the youth of this country is the reason for the success of this movement.
'Today's youth, our future' these words have found a new meaning and hope to this country. With a new hope and aspiration, we Indians look forward to seeing a future of responsible youth, with a sense of the PRESENT !! Hope this awakening in them is true and everlasting.
JAI HIND !

I along with my batch of Acharya School management got an opportunity to be a part of launch of Organa-India's first organic fruit drink at 3 day International conference BIOFECH-2012 at Bangalore. Really it was a learning experience about importance of organic products and launching of Organa. People from across the globe were present to promote the trade and cultivation of organic food stuffs like tea,chocolate,vegetables,cereals,fruits,cloths,flowers,cosmetics etc. really It was a learning experience.

Riyaz Rasheed a student of MS Communication clicked a few wonderful pics when he walks in and around the Acharya campus. Here are those moments for you. Enjoy !!!
This study was initiated by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) with the objective of showcasing best practices of industry partnerships across AICTE approved engineering institutes in India in six basic streams, viz. chemical, civil, computer & IT, electrical, electronics & communication and mechanical engineering. The survey was open for only those institutes which offer at least three out of these six streams and had completed 10 years as on August 2012. The questionnaire was put up on the AICTE website and was filled online by the eligible institutes themselves. The evaluation has been done across seven parameters €”governance, curriculum, faculty, infrastructure, services, entrepreneurship and placements €”each consisting of specific sub-factors. This report is a compendium of the analysis conducted to understand: i. how far the engineering

Acharya Rockzzzzzz
Dept. of Commerce & Management, Acharya Institute of Graduate Studies is organizing a National Level Conference, "FINSER-2012" on 12 & 13 December, 2012

[image was removed because it was too large]
A team of Gyeongju University recently visited the Acharya Institutes Campus for signing a MOU. Both the institutions have agreed to explore the common interest areas like; Collaborative Research Exchanges,Faculty Exchange Programs, Undergraduate and Graduate Students Exchanges, Administrative Staff Development Exchange.

Sat, 1 Dec.2012I got up even before the alarm went off. I was trying to get others wake up, have bath and get ready, finally the day came when whole batch of ours went to Nandi Hills for one day trip. This range of Nandi on the craggy hills (the highest peak being 2004 m) holds the Amrita Sarovar Lake and offers walks of sylvan beauty. The hills are located about 60 km east of Bangalore and about 9500 ft above sea level. On the lower hill there is a temple dedicated to Sri Bhoga Narasimha. On top were Tipu Sultan's summer retreat and the remains of Tipu's fort bear this out. Tipu's Drop, a 600 meter high valley, where prisoners were hurled down the precipice, is an awe-inspiring sight. It's best if you are on top of the hill before sunrise. The wind, fog and clouds that blow towards you in the morning is just amazing.
The Vth semester students of Mechatronics Mr. Sanal Kuriakose, Yashwanth Kumar. B. V. & Mr. Madhusudhana. K. P of Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore won the Maiden Edition of Bosch-NID, INDIA Changers Industrial Design Competition organized at National Institute of Design (NID) held at Bosch India, Ahmadabad. The winners were handed over the cash prize of Rs. 1,00,000/- (one lakh). The awards have been constituted to encourage young designers to come up with socially relevant innovations. The first prize was conferred to “e-BELAKU” – From AIT, Bangalore. Publication title – Design in street lighting using sun and wind energy – “e-BELAKU”. [ e – electronic BELAKU – light(Kannada word) ] The sustainable eco-friendly, trendy and durable design would produce self-generated power enabling ground water level harvesting and providing shelter from sun and rain. Mr. Michel Foley a well know designer and Mr. Vijay Pandey,” Vice president, Bosch power tools division, India was the judges. This work was carried out under the guidance of Prof ARK Swamy,Professor and Head Dept. of Mechatronics, and the proctor Mr. H.Nagesh
Guyysss...your wishes have made wonders last time !!! This time too the team AIT is looking forward to have your wishes.
The team AIT is going to participate in the TATA FIRST DOT COMPETITION.The competition has 2 things running concurrently,one being the judge's panel award and another being people's choice award. We would like to request you to please send the information about our team's start up with all possible contacts so that we can bring out some more glory to the project and start with the entrepreneur mentorship. All the very best !!
http://tatafirstdot.com/nomination/3square
Sankeeth Katti,Senior Manager, Vijay Bank, M G Road, Bangalore recently participated as a resource person in a Workshop on Forex Market Operations, conducted by the Dept. of Commerce (PG)