LIBA,Chennai - Placement 2005

Hello Everyone, i guess this is for the first time someone is talking about placement@LIBA. Being in LIBA,i take this opporutnity to let the junta know about the placements @LIBA. I’ll have to wait for the final placement report to …

Hello Everyone,

i guess this is for the first time someone is talking about placement@LIBA.

Being in LIBA,i take this opporutnity to let the junta know about the placements @LIBA.

I'll have to wait for the final placement report to come up with the exact details,but here are some details.

For the first time in LIBA we had PLACEMENT 'WEEK' -

DAY 0 - we witnessed companies like
INFOSYS
TCS
CITIBANK
ICICI BANK
HDFC BANK
MA FOI
HYUNDAI
JONES LANG LASALLE
SATYAM
SIFY
CTS
IOC

In all 13 companies on day 1 with 33 ppl being placed
IOC gave a package of 7.5+
CITIBANK,CTS,INFOSYS 6+
Rest all cos. offering between 4.5 - 6
TCS,SATYAM -AROUND 4
Jones Lang Lasalle - 3.2 + 1.25% of the contract u get

DAY 2 - We cancelled/sent back several cos. because we dint have those many students left to be placed.Few cos. that featured on day 2 were -
Radio Mirchi - 5.25
Kotak Group - 4+
Batlivali & karnibhai - no idea
ING Vyasa - no idea
Hexaware - 4.5+ etc

This shall give u a fair idea of cos. visiting LIBA & their pay package
More updates soon

TILL THEN TAKE CARE
njoy
mik

oye chokshi

add radio mirchi,tvs sundaram,philips,hcl group of companies too

Before joining liba i never knew that we would get such good placements
we ourselves were so tensed about the placements for the final year students.but now it seems so good.
we still have 10 people to be placed but then these are the ones who have got into liba on some quota system
but companies are still coming in & taking people
frankly speaking day 1 & 2 were mindblowing because all top notch companies came in & recruited the fnial year students with whom we(i,chokshi& others) are in touch with
but day 3 was a bit gloomy,because the last 10 could not make it to any company.
they'll have to wait for tomorrow.

but all said & done-amazing placements with amazing package this yr.
may this placement week funda continue even next yr.
amen
chandel

Hey good goin guys ...

Keep up the good work at LIBA ...Though i m not a part of LIBA ..but feels gud to hear a B-school coming up ..

Hope the placements for the next year are even better

Hey good goin guys ...

Keep up the good work at LIBA ...Though i m not a part of LIBA ..but feels gud to hear a B-school coming up ..

Hope the placements for the next year are even better

coming up?i'll rather say its getting the due recognition.before joing liba i never knew it had so much recognition in the industry.the brand name loyola is tremendous in chennai.nothing can beat that
anyone from shimla on this forum?
amen
chandel

its a great going guys keep it up ,
yu all will shine a lot more all the best k

rahine
sydenham institute of management ,
life's rockin ever since k

coming up?i'll rather say its getting the due recognition.before joing liba i never knew it had so much recognition in the industry.the brand name loyola is tremendous in chennai.nothing can beat that
anyone from shimla on this forum?
amen
chandel

Shimla??? Poor Chennaites! I agree, the weather there is hot and muggy all year round. Well dude, this is just the right time of the year to visit Shimla, balmy weather, temperature's around 2 deg. celsius, just the right mood to get into with Christmas and new year around the corner, with a botal of booze and a coupla babes around your arms, hic! hic! hic!

Well, Chennai has got no b-school worth the name, so it falls back on LIBA to keep up with some sort of credibility!

Scorpio_19 Says
Shimla??? Poor Chennaites! I agree, the weather there is hot and muggy all year round. Well dude, this is just the right time of the year to visit Shimla, balmy weather, temperature's around 2 deg. celsius, just the right mood to get into with Christmas and new year around the corner, with a botal of booze and a coupla babes around your arms, hic! hic! hic!

Scorpio_19, Take this as a warning... Stop spamming threads.....Contribute only when you think you can add anything to what has been said !!!

whts the fees of liba?nothing mentioned in the website.plez som1 ptrovide the fees details and hostel etc fees.
also how is it comparable to icfai/wellingkar/xime?

Hello,

i dunno whether this is the sahi place to discuss this or not..

LIBA entire course tuition fees is around 2.4 L
Hostel fees = 2500/month including food

I have 2 friends who screwed welingkar for LIBA,i screwed ICFAI-mum for LIBA...
but then its our perspective..u need to think about your priorities & stuff..

njoy
mik

PS - screwed = gave a kick to

Hello Everyone,

i guess this is for the first time someone is talking about placement@LIBA.

Being in LIBA,i take this opporutnity to let the junta know about the placements @LIBA.

I'll have to wait for the final placement report to come up with the exact details,but here are some details.

For the first time in LIBA we had PLACEMENT 'WEEK' -

DAY 0 - we witnessed companies like
INFOSYS
TCS
CITIBANK
ICICI BANK
HDFC BANK
MA FOI
HYUNDAI
JONES LANG LASALLE
SATYAM
SIFY
CTS
IOC

In all 13 companies on day 1 with 33 ppl being placed
IOC gave a package of 7.5+
CITIBANK,CTS,INFOSYS 6+
Rest all cos. offering between 4.5 - 6
TCS,SATYAM -AROUND 4
Jones Lang Lasalle - 3.2 + 1.25% of the contract u get

DAY 2 - We cancelled/sent back several cos. because we dint have those many students left to be placed.Few cos. that featured on day 2 were -
Radio Mirchi - 5.25
Kotak Group - 4+
Batlivali & karnibhai - no idea
ING Vyasa - no idea
Hexaware - 4.5+ etc

This shall give u a fair idea of cos. visiting LIBA & their pay package
More updates soon

TILL THEN TAKE CARE
njoy
mik

Hi Guyz.
Cogratulations for the placements. Well i think this is the best place to gather some information about the admission process. I am not so sure about XAT but still i am confident of getting in somewhere around 85 percentile. what are my chances??
Raj..

hey mik!

u told us that ppl left welingkar and icfai mum to join liba( which I believe is a shade above gud institutes if not better).....now ,,how do u see ur decision of leaving icfai mum.......do u repent or u think u made the right decision....plz dont take my curiosity as an offence....let us know ur views plz.

thanx

noUs

Hello,

i dunno whether this is the sahi place to discuss this or not..

LIBA entire course tuition fees is around 2.4 L
Hostel fees = 2500/month including food

I have 2 friends who screwed welingkar for LIBA,i screwed ICFAI-mum for LIBA...
but then its our perspective..u need to think about your priorities & stuff..

njoy
mik

PS - screwed = gave a kick to

Guys,

Read the posts about the placements.Congrats to LIBA students. I'm from Coimbatore. Does LIBA have Sectional Cut-offs? Do any AD agencies visit LIBA for placement? It would be really helpfull if one of the students can clear up these doubts.

Hello,

For LIBA queries visit - http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/liba-queries-25012998/358078

njoy
mik

Hi Guyz.
Cogratulations for the placements. Well i think this is the best place to gather some information about the admission process. I am not so sure about XAT but still i am confident of getting in somewhere around 85 percentile. what are my chances??
Raj..

Hi.. Was going through the placement thread and came across one of my posts....
Just wondering that my predictions came exactly true....
I expected around 85 and well my XAT score is
85.080 percentile overall...
hahahah i think i can take up this job of predicting cutoffs from IMs, TIME and CAreer Launcher peoples..

first of all congratulations to all LIBA ppl for having a good placement season.
can u throw some light on the HR placements.

thnx
ritika

first of all congratulations to all LIBA ppl for having a good placement season.
can u throw some light on the HR placements.

thnx
ritika

Few of the companies dat came for HR this year -

Infosys - 6.5L
Hexaware-4.5L
cerebrus
sify-4L
ma-foi
flextronics-4L
hyundai
ITC
US technologies-5.5L
Sterlite-4L
Satyam-3.8L

njoy
mik
Hi Mik and others.....Plzzzz Help fast
As u said anythin above 80 percentile should fetch a call, but mine is Exactly 80.34 Percentile with about nearly 76 percentile in all the Three Sections...

My Acads are-
xth-79%
Xii th-64%
Grad- Still a paper left which i ll be appearin this April.
The real prob is that my graduation was over last year and still a paper back as i didn appear earlier and no work exp as i worked for a month and then quit.
takin all these in consideration do i Expect a call from LIBA. couldn make it to GIM. I haven't appllied yet for LIBA and left with very little time to decide..
Your Take.............?????????????????????

this might sound very amatuer but which feild(h.r, mark, or finance) got the highest pay package and what were the highest pay package in each feild?