LIBA Admissions 2009

Hi folks, We’re bang in the middle of trimester exams as I start this thread. It’s that time of the year when B-school students across the country chip in to help out prospective MBA grads with the admission process at various colleges…

Hi folks,

We're bang in the middle of trimester exams as I start this thread.

It's that time of the year when B-school students across the country chip in to help out prospective MBA grads with the admission process at various colleges. Shoot your queries ppl, and we at LIBA will help you in any way we can, with all the info you need.

Ciao for now.

hie thanx for starting this thread
can u please tell what was LIBA's cut off last year
thanx in advance

hey.. please tell us the admission process and the important dates.. etc.. nothing is mentioned in their sites. is it ok to apply after the CAT scores have come out? do help out...

hie thanx for starting this thread
can u please tell what was LIBA's cut off last year
thanx in advance

The cutoff for the '08 batch was 90.1%ile overall.

As regards the admissions process, it's pretty much like other colleges. We take XAT scores. Based on your performance in XAT you'll be called for a GD/PI. The brochure was available after XAT exams last time.

The admissions brochure is not out yet. Will let you guys know once it is.

Do check out the Director interview in my signature to get a clear picture of the admissions process.

Amidst 1st trimester this is a welcome relief to talk to some of the future libaites...
Thread has started at the right time...

Plz can u tell me what are the no. of seats in LIBA.
Also, do they emphasize on sectional cutoffs or only overall.

hello friends,

LIBA ADMISSIONS 2008 thread helped me a lot during my preps. And finally I landed happily at LIBA. I like to provide similar help this year.

thanks beta for taking the initiative..

ROCKON:rockon:

Hi folks,

We're bang in the middle of trimester exams as I start this thread.

It's that time of the year when B-school students across the country chip in to help out prospective MBA grads with the admission process at various colleges. Shoot your queries ppl, and we at LIBA will help you in any way we can, with all the info you need.

Ciao for now.

Hey people!!

First of all thanks to Subu for starting this thread... It feels good to carry on from where we had left last year.. Am sure all of us on PG from LIBA had a great time helping out our juniors through LIBA Admission 2008 thread.. Am sure this time too the tradition at LIBA of helping out prospective students will continue...

So guys n gals do shoot your queries on LIBA admission on this thread...

Cheers n regards

Plz can u tell me what are the no. of seats in LIBA.
Also, do they emphasize on sectional cutoffs or only overall.

hey chand_raj9

The total no of seats in LIBA is 120. There is a sectional cut-off in each of the sections.

Cheers n regards
hey chand_raj9

The total no of seats in LIBA is 120. There is a sectional cut-off in each of the sections.

Cheers n regards

what were the sectional cutoffs last yr?
chand_raj9 Says
what were the sectional cutoffs last yr?

Hi there,

The only criteria last year was to score positive marks in each section of your paper. (In terms of absolute marks, not %ile) However, the rules might get revised this year... will keep you posted as and when news comes in.

hey...plz temme d deadline to apple for LIBA....will d application process start after the xat in january 2009??

What is the placement scenario at LIBA?

hi, plz correct me if i am wrong...
Doesn't LIBA accepts CAT score also?
thanx

manugupta14 Says
hey...plz temme d deadline to apple for LIBA....will d application process start after the xat in january 2009??

The application forms will be out in some time. Will post here when the forms are out. It's an online process. LIBA is one of the few colleges whose forms are available post XAT.
atulsinghania Says
What is the placement scenario at LIBA?

We have companies recruiting across sectors. Last year, the avg salary was 7.55 lakhs with the highest being 10 lakhs. Just to give you an indication of the companies that recruited last year.

Consulting: Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Jones Lang LaSalle Meghraj, CB Richard Ellis, Mindtree Consulting, Cerebrus Consulting, MaFoi Consultants

BFSI: Citibank, GE Commercial Finance, HSBC, ICICI AMC, ICICI Bank, ICICI Pru Life, SBI Life, Kotak

FMCG: ITC, CavinKare, UB Group

Manufacturing: Ashok Leyland, Balmer Laurie, IOC, Vedanta Group

Equity Research: Adventity, Irevna

This is only an indicative list (not an exhaustive list) so that you get an idea about the companies that come to LIBA.
hi, plz correct me if i am wrong...
Doesn't LIBA accepts CAT score also?
thanx

Nope, only XAT scores

Hi....

This is a very positive initiative

just wanted to ask a few things?

1.)what were the cutt offs for catholics last year?
2.)was there sessional cutt offs for catholics last year?

Thanks in advance

rahul

LIBA 2009 Admissions

Hi folks,

Admission forms for LIBA '09 are out. Please check

http://liba.sify.net

for details!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eligibility

For admission into the full time PGDM programme the candidate should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognised university and should have secured a minimum of 60% marks in the aggregate. Students completing their examinations by June 07, 2009 may also apply.

Admission Procedure

1. Register for XAT 2009 with the required fees at www.xlri.edu and obtain XAT ID. Last date for XAT 2009 online registration is November 30, 2008. Only candidates who have applied to XAT 2009 are eligible for admission to LIBA.
2. For applying to LIBA
a) Get a demand draft (DD) for Rs.1000/- favouring LIBA CHENNAI payable at Chennai
Or
b) Pay Rs. 1000/- at any of the specified IMS learning centre and obtain the receipt and Admission bullettin.
3.Register online at LOYOLA - Institute of Business Administration by giving your XAT ID and details of DD / IMS receipt.
4.Take a print-out of the Payment Advice form.
5.Mention your name and XAT ID on the reverse of the DD and send your DD / IMS receipt along with the Payment Advice form to the

Admissions Office,
LIBA, Loyola College,
Nungambakkam,
Chennai 600 034.

6. Candidates who have applied to LIBA will be short listed only on the basis of their XAT 2009 scores. Short listed candidates will be called for Group Discussion and interview for final selection at Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai.Candidates can give their choice of Interview centre, however it is subject to discretion of LIBA

7. For any further clarifications Call:
Ph: (044) 28177100 (LIBA Board)
Ph: (044) 28177116 (LIBA Admissions Office)
Mobile: +91 94440 28418
FAX: 91 44 2817 3183
e-mail id:[email protected]

Important Dates to Remember
XAT online registration Begins: September 1, 2008
Issue of XAT Bulletin begins at Specified AXIS Bank Branches:
September 1, 2008
LIBA online registration begins:September 21,2008
Issue of XAT Bulletin closes at XAT Office, XLRI:November 30, 2008
XAT online registration closes:November 30, 2008
XLRI Admissions Test (XAT 2009):January 4, 2009
LIBA online registration closes:February 4, 2009